Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-26-2007   #41
titanbuoy
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 titanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVP
Default Re: Howdy pards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
fyi - B&D have a series in the works for HBO. looks to be more sitcom-ish parody than sketch show supposedly.

but yeah the Sarah show is great and chock full of Mr.Show alumni.

make sure since you liked Mr.Show that you check out these shows too:
Wonder Showzen, Upright Citizens Brigade, Tom Goes To The Mayor/Tim & Eric's Great Show, and check YouTube for clips of Bob's FOX sketch show pilot from a few years ago called 'NEXT!'. The Pranksville USA sketch is uber.

back to football, Bud is still fat and the Titans will always be 'one yard short'.

if anyone can break the curse it would be VY, but I dont even think he can do it. i think its unbreakable.
But Bud does have the best damn toupee in sports. On this I think we all can agree.

I'm quite familiar with every show you mentioned. Get out of my head dude! Are you a member of BUTM? It's a shadow of it's former self but it was once a great indie comedy site.

Sadly, there's never a "Bucket of Truth" around when you need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Blaming the fans in Houston for the Oilers leaving, even partly, and you wonder why you are met with any discourse? I thought Canada had an excellent education sytem, it is either they do not or you did not partake in it.

The Oilers are dead, you can remember the Oilers fondly without being a fan. We are fans of the Houston Texans, PERIOD!!

As for having the temerity to blame the Houston fans at least partially for the Oilers exit, I agree it's apt to not be popular, but it's been a decade and I thought by now people would be able to pony up and accept their share of the responsibility (be it ever so limited) for the team, and especially the Oilers name and history leaving town for good. It was the fan base of Cleveland that saved the Browns name and history, and Modell was every bit the assclown to Browns fans the Bud was to you in Houston, The fans there saw beyond the owner and realized that it was within there power to retain that history if they were willing to fight for it... that's something that the fans in Houston, for whatever reason, weren't able to achieve.

I realize this is debate and discussion you guys are likely to have had ad nausea, and again it was my intent to avoid getting into it. Even the above paragraph is a direct response to something and not an opinion I would have gone out of my way to share in my first day here at TT. I'm not so naive as to think I'm going to post some clever insight on here and you guys are all going to say "hey, you know what he's right, Bud isn't such a bad guy after all."

I was honestly hoping that someone would voice a similar disgust at the old steroid fueled Steelers that robbed both you and me of the chance at following the Oilers to the Super Bowl. Or perhaps vent a similar hatred towards old Sam Wyche and his clown suit wearing Bungals.

Anyhow guys (and gals?) I can see this thread has come pretty close to getting to the point of no return, so I'll go ahead and give up. Not to worry though I'll be back from time to time, but from nowon to do the expected and talk some smack.

Have a great weekend.

PS: Damn I miss those old Oilers jerseys
titanbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #42
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Titans will always be 'one yard short'.
Better then 8 games short ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #43
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Once we knew the Oilers were toast in this town did you really expect us to fill the stadium?
Don't mean to jump in ... ok yeah I do but think of it this way:

If your wife got called up for active duty and there was a chance you would never see her again would you ditch out on her last days or support her as much as you could until the day she shipped out?

The players do not make the choices ..... don't buy concessions pill a bunch of people into a bus ... enjoy your last days ... just my take on it.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Howdy pards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
Wow, with the amount of vitriol and name calling spewed in that post it's funny that you accuse me of having no class. That's rich.
I never called you names and never said you had no class. You're good at pulling things out of your assumption.

Quote:
I'm an avid reader and have read multiple books on the Oilers and the origins of the AFL. I've certainly read (and own) Fowler's POS book. I've also read Elvin Bethea's book Smash Mouth where he describes Fowler as a no talent hack who didn't have anything positive to say about the franchise or it's players during his entire career (in fact Bethea spat in Fowler's face during the last year of his career). You lapped up the BS in Fowler's book just like the good little dog you are.
What are you babbling on about? I never brought up those books. If you possessed as much knowledge as you profess you wouldn't sound as stupid in your recollection of Oilers history.

Some of us lived it. Others, I guess...read about it.

If you know, then you'd have a clue about Dud Adams. Obviously, you don't know and it is quite evident in your spewage.

But in your mind, you're right.

Quote:
The Oilers, both the team and its history are alive and well and residing in Nashville Tennessee. Those are the facts, you can lie to yourself about it all you want, but that doesn't change the plain and undeniable truth. Just check the Titans record books and you'll see storied names like Bethea, Campbell, Munchak, Moon, Blanda and Hennigan. Check the Texans record book and you'll find "greats" like Carr, Davis, and Robinson... The truth may hurt broseph, but it is what it is.
The Oilers are dead, man. You're living in the past. Titans fans could give a rat's ass about Oilers history. Heck the Titans fans that post regularly on this board have made it well known (with the exception of BA who was a fan before the move...but he still won't embrace the history).

When did men named Bethea, Campbell, Munchak, Moon, Blanda and Hennigan play in Tennessee or in Titans unis? Never.

If the "Oilers" name was so sacred, why change it? There are no actual cardinals in Arizona or rams in St. Louis, so why wipe out the history of the Oilers' colors, logo, etc.? Do you honestly think that the Titans will ever do a retro jersey sporting the Oilers gear? Oh wait, Dud has tried to capitalize on "Luv Ya Blue", but I've read that Titans fans aren't too impressed with it. They did not live the history and have no emotional ties to it. I don't blame Titans fans. They're just like me and root for their local team. The move and killing off the Oilers is all on the owner.

Quote:
I hope this whole bitterness thing works out for you buddy, because you wear it on your sleeve so damn well.
I'm not bitter. I'm just a realist about the history. Sometimes it's not a pretty picture to look at, but I'm not going to cover a dog turd with sprinkles and act like it doesn't smell like crap.

Quote:
Geeez, tell me about it. I was trying to be honest about where I'm coming from and the guy jumps down my throat. I said I realized evrything I was saying was simply my perspective and that I was aware they had a different one yet Double Barrell flips the ***** switch. Oh well, it's good to know that when indeed I do decide to do a little trolling guys like DB will be an easy mark.
Good luck with all that. I don't fall for troll tactics or flame wars. Check my post history and you will find none of that in it.

I did notice your new "pity poor me" tactic, though, however transparent it might be. Soooo, you were trying "to be honest about where I'm coming from" by coming to a rival's message board and spewing that you hate the hometown team and blame the hometown fans for something beyond their control.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

If you were "trying", then you failed miserably. Better luck next time.

Quote:
I was honestly hoping that at least for this thread we could talk about the past that many of us have in common, instead of focusing on the things that we obviously have differences on.
Really? Is that all you were doing? Nice way to make friends. "HONESTLY!" <----that makes it true

I always try to insult people that I've just met to become friends with them....or not.

Quote:
Meh, I guess if I were a fan of the Texans I'd be a tad edgy too.
There you go again. Which is it? Making friends or talking trash? You don't seem to be good at either.

Quote:
As for having the temerity to blame the Houston fans at least partially for the Oilers exit, I agree it's apt to not be popular, but it's been a decade and I thought by now people would be able to pony up and accept their share of the responsibility (be it ever so limited) for the team, and especially the Oilers name and history leaving town for good. It was the fan base of Cleveland that saved the Browns name and history, and Modell was every bit the assclown to Browns fans the Bud was to you in Houston, The fans there saw beyond the owner and realized that it was within there power to retain that history if they were willing to fight for it... that's something that the fans in Houston, for whatever reason, weren't able to achieve.
This is just ignorance of NFL history. Dud has been the ONLY owner of the Oilers/Titans. The Browns history goes back a long time before Modell.

Dud would NEVER let Houston have the name/records no matter how much we pushed for it. It was a closed issue. How can you possibly blame the fans for a legality issue that was completely beyond our control? Can you comprehend this point? We never had it in our power to retain anything.

You are a troll and trying to play the martyr. But it doesn't work. You are obvious in your intentions, and then get hurt feelings when people recognize you for what you really are. Quit crying about it now. I would assume that you're a grown man and it's just sad to see.

In closing, I shall invoke Godwin's Law: I'm acting like a forum nazi.
Old 10-26-2007   #45
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

These are my favorite threads because they are nothing but virtual battles of attrition. I have nothing to add to them because I can not match the experience and pain that oozes through the virtual papyrus, via caffeined propelled phalanges, which tickle my medulla oblongata with every keystroke.

Carry on gentleman and fans of Dungeons & Dragons football.
Old 10-26-2007   #46
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
These are my favorite threads because they are nothing but virtual battles of attrition.
Attention. Virtual battles for attention.
Old 10-26-2007   #47
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Attention. Virtual battles for attention.
Very plausible. However, I am waiting for Mrs. Kaiser Toro to get dressed so that we can head to the Doobies Brothers concert and I can think of no better way to exhaust ten minutes.
Old 10-26-2007   #48
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Don't mean to jump in ... ok yeah I do but think of it this way:

If your wife got called up for active duty and there was a chance you would never see her again would you ditch out on her last days or support her as much as you could until the day she shipped out?

The players do not make the choices ..... don't buy concessions pill a bunch of people into a bus ... enjoy your last days ... just my take on it.
Extremely bad analogy.

A better one would be your wife walks in says she is moving to a new city for a new guy. Would you really take her out for a nice dinner and a movie like nothing happened?

The being shipped out means that there would be a possibility of her coming home, but with the Oilers there was no chance. So why in the hell would you be nice and spend money on a piece of crap owner who just spit in your face and slapped your face?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read