Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2007   #1
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Default Amobi Okoye: Rookie Watch List

It would be cool if Amobi could win defensive rookie of the year from the DT spot, then we would have two DROY in a row.

http://www.footballgameplan.com/nfl-rookie-watch-d/

Get to Rivers
dalonestartitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Amobi Okoye: Rookie Watch List

That would be awesome if he wins it. Patrick Willis is playing as good as Demeco did last year though....and Aaron Ross ...everytime i tune into a giants game seems like he's returning an interception! haha
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #3
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Yeah Willis is a straight beast. And to be honest, I was hoping we drafted him.

Imagine having Demeco and Willis. But Amobi has truly earned his keep. And I love the pick. The kid is a fighter, and he'll be able to play for 22 year
dalonestartitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Amobi won't win it but he's valuable none-the-less.

Him and Mario are extremely young. As we fill in the pieces around them and they grow and mature together they should be a forceful duo for years to come.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Amobi won't win it but he's valuable none-the-less.

Him and Mario are extremely young. As we fill in the pieces around them and they grow and mature together they should be a forceful duo for years to come.
OMG i know...it's so exciting to think about. TJ is finally developing into a player too, He's been impressive. I really thought Amobi would be mediocre this season and start doing better next season...He has REALLY exceeded my expectations!!
Old 10-25-2007   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
OMG i know...it's so exciting to think about. TJ is finally developing into a player too, He's been impressive. I really thought Amobi would be mediocre this season and start doing better next season...He has REALLY exceeded my expectations!!
Yea me too. I bought into the whole "undersized" schtick. It might still be true to a certain extent but it hasn't stopped him from producing. I really feel like if we could find a big fat body to stick at NT and a speed rusher for passing downs our DLine could live up to its potential.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
at this point i'm not sure if amobi or willis would be more valuable to us. tackles stats are nice and all, but that doesn't mean you or your team are playing well...and to be completely honest i don't watch 49ers games so i can't really judge between them.
I've watched a couple 9'ers games to keep an eye on Willis. He's pretty much playing like Demeco did last year. He is all over the field making plays, perfect wrap up tackles, pressuring the QB, etc. He looks a lot faster than I thought he'd be.
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2007   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Amobi is one of the best first-round picks the Texans have made, right up next to AJ. In another year or two he is going to become such a dominating DT it's going to be insane.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read