Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-20-2005   #21
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
I But yeah,he got his big deal some years back man.

1st.

thats what i thought too, back in 02
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #22
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

I like Hartwell over Bell also. Bell is the better player, more athletic, but with his injuries, and some crazy things that happen to him......didn't he get shot in the *** before last season after the Colorado-Colorado St. game, and didn't he start the fight in Cleveland? Sounds like this guy brings a lot of baggage with him.

Hartwell is a good young player who plays alongside Ray Lewis, you can't tell me he hasn't picked up a few pointers......he will only get better and is a consistant player that will come with a cheaper price tag.

Lets put it this way, we will have 2 good ILB's in FA, I don't think we miss out on both of these guys.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #23
WittTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
I like Hartwell over Bell also. Bell is the better player, more athletic, but with his injuries, and some crazy things that happen to him......didn't he get shot in the *** before last season after the Colorado-Colorado St. game, and didn't he start the fight in Cleveland? Sounds like this guy brings a lot of baggage with him.

Thinking of Joey Porter buddy.
WittTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #24
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Bell's replacement, Larry Foote, lacks Bell's size, quickness and explosiveness off the snap, but has been a steady, season-long contributor to the AFC's top-ranked defense. Even if Bell had been ready to play in Saturday's divisional playoff game against the Jets, he wouldn't have started.

Now, a player who figures to attract plenty of interest as a free agent during the offseason seems to be wondering if it's worth the risk trying to play again this season.

Like Jets defensive end John Abraham, who has been out for five weeks with a knee injury, Bell realizes that he might be giving away millions if he tries to play while hurt.

"I understand where he's coming from," Bell said. "When you get injured and you've got nagging injuries, injuries can cause other injuries because you're not yourself. I can see where his concern is as a free agent. He doesn't want to put himself out there 75 percent, and jeopardize getting injured and losing out for a good contract."

As a result, Bell's once-outstanding career in Pittsburgh is likely down to its final few weeks. With the 6-foot-1, 257-pound Bell likely to attract more money on the open market than the Steelers are willing to pay him, they may try to sign the less-expensive Foote and let Bell walk.
The Associated Press State & Local Wire January 13, 2005

did anybody know of who else might be in the market for a good ILB? i dont want to end up offering a huge signing bonus with tons of incentives just to get him. what do yall think if the texans went after him they might offer him?
Old 01-21-2005   #25
fresno8
Veteran

I'd settle for Bell or Hartwell. Hartwell would be in the Sharper mold. Very solid, but no Ray Lewis, but there's not many of those so Having Sharper w/ Hartwell would be a good inside duo or Sharper/Bell. I like what I hear about Grisby so if we got him Bell/Hartwell might not matter. Thoughts on taking Crowder from Florida @ 13 or trading down to get him. Personally I'd rather see us go O-line or Heath Miller or again trading down for more picks.
Old 01-21-2005   #26
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i'm not putting the starting ILB role on a rookie, Hartwell is going to play tons better than Grisby. Remeber how Sharper shone after he got out from the shadow of Lewis and Boulware, Hartwell will shine the same way once he is out from those two and Suggs.

He is not the flashy player, but he is younger than Bell, more durable, and will be a better fit with Sharper, what way to vamp up your D than have 2 former Raven starters right in the heart of it.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #27
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Unfortunately, there is going to be a lot of competition for guys like Bell and Hartwell with teams like the Cowboys and Raiders probably switching to a 3-4, and if Romeo Crennell(sp?) gets a head coaching gig he might switch his team to a 3-4. There could very well be a bidding war for guys with 3-4 experience this offseason, and I don't think Bell or Hartwell have ties to Houston that would give us an advantage over other teams in attracting them.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #28
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Lightbulb

The only reason I don't believe Bell can demand so much money is because he has been hurt for the past few years. I think Hartwell is in the position to demand more money than Bell because he has played and has shown that he has the potential to be a great ILB. I would be happy to have either one, but IMO I think we have more of a shot to land Kendrell Bell because I don't believe Bell can be in a position to be demanding so much money because of his past injury problems. Unless a team just decides to outbid everyone for
Bell's services like Philly did with Kearse, but if thats the case I say we do better trying to find another ILB in the draft instead
LikeABoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read