Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2007   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Replay: Texans v Titans tonight at 9:30 pm CST

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Doesn't it really suck sometimes being a fan of Houston sports teams? Sometimes I just want to quit being a fan of the Stros, Rockets and Texans, but damnit I can't and it pisses me off. I freaking love sports. Living in Houston for my entire (soon to be)37 years the local teams have been engraved in my heart. Even though they've ripped my heart from my chest many times, they always find a way to repair it and place it back where it belongs.

Long live Houston sports organizations!!
I hear ya!!

I have to laugh now, because when I would get really frustrated or angry - I wound up breaking way too much of my stuff (i.e. televisions, speakers - etc.).
Old 10-24-2007   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I hear ya!!

I have to laugh now, because when I would get really frustrated or angry - I wound up breaking way too much of my stuff (i.e. televisions, speakers - etc.).
I'm there with ya. Although I tend to take my frustrations out on the wife and kids (verbally). Having a little fiery redhead for a wife, I usually end up with a second beat down of the day.
Old 10-24-2007   #23
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I watched the second Rockets Championship in a house near the old Richmond strip. One of the best moments ever for me was walking down Richmond avenue carrying a broom celebrating the Houston sweep. And everybody was on the street--young, old, every social and ethnic background, and everyone was high fiving each other and loving life.

No rioting in Houston because of HPD, but it was hot and it was June so there were a few nekkid people. I was not one of them.

It was hard to go to work the next tday.

Professional sports, unlike other sports really have the opportunity to bring a city together like nothing else. You don't need to be an alum.
That was amazing....It was so much fun on Richmond that night. . .

After the touchdown that tied it up, I was hugging random men and women that I didn't eve know. . .I eve hugged a guy wearing a Mike Vick jersey on!

Steph. . . I believe I was one of those nekkid people you were refereeing to. Good seeing Vinny and you on Sunday.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #24
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I would watch the replay, but it hurts too much.............................................. .................................................. .............................that Vince didn't play.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm there with ya. Although I tend to take my frustrations out on the wife and kids (verbally). Having a little fiery redhead for a wife, I usually end up with a second beat down of the day.
Thats hilarious... I bet the "honey-do" list winds up with a few more items too..
Old 10-24-2007   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad I have to work! Don't think I could stand to see a repeat!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats hilarious... I bet the "honey-do" list winds up with a few more items too..
Matter of fact, I have to install an ice machine in the house this weekend.
Old 10-24-2007   #28
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
That was amazing....It was so much fun on Richmond that night. . .

After the touchdown that tied it up, I was hugging random men and women that I didn't eve know. . .I eve hugged a guy wearing a Mike Vick jersey on!

Steph. . . I believe I was one of those nekkid people you were refereeing to. Good seeing Vinny and you on Sunday.
It was good meeting you and your wife on Sunday as well....we had a great time at the tailgate.
Old 10-24-2007   #29
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I watched the second Rockets Championship in a house near the old Richmond strip. One of the best moments ever for me was walking down Richmond avenue carrying a broom celebrating the Houston sweep. And everybody was on the street--young, old, every social and ethnic background, and everyone was high fiving each other and loving life.

No rioting in Houston because of HPD, but it was hot and it was June so there were a few nekkid people. I was not one of them.

It was hard to go to work the next tday.

Professional sports, unlike other sports really have the opportunity to bring a city together like nothing else. You don't need to be an alum.
I was working in Romania during the Rockets playoff/ OJ police no chase game. I would wake up at 5:00 am and catch the games live. I got to watch the whole game, unlike you guys in the states. I called home and was able to give my frustrated family play by plays. That was so surreal.
Old 10-24-2007   #30
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game. I attended all the NBA Finals games in Houston in 94 and 95. Every single one. The best one definitely was game seven in 1994. We got to storm the floor and if you look at the Houston Yellow Pages from the year after you can see me and my brother in the upper corner.

Having the opportunity to win it AT home two years in a row was flabbergasting. Especially against the Heat who we thought was going to sweep US. Shaq's first year I believe.

Anyway I have no idea what the chaos was like on Richmond but I'll tell you that it was electric in Compaq center. The best part? I had better seats than Robin Leach and his model girlfriend. We were in the nosebleeds. LOL!!!
Old 10-25-2007   #31
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
I would watch the replay, but it hurts too much.............................................. .................................................. .............................that Vince didn't play.
After reading this post, coupled with the lagniappe you added to your profile, I put you on my ignore list because you are simply rabble rousing. We are Texans fans here and this is blatant trolling. You have plenty of outlets to show your love and to have fun with the membership. Moreover, you will get the endless debate you desire with folks who are mental midgets. I suggest you try the main board and play with the kids for a while over there to see if that fits your needs and taste better.
Old 10-25-2007   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Matter of fact, I have to install an ice machine in the house this weekend.
DOH!!! One of these days you will learn to fear the wrath of the red head!!
Old 10-25-2007   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hear ya!!

Really, Bill, ya need to take Mario's place on the team! LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

A buck 85 aint gonna work....
Old 10-25-2007   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A buck 85 aint gonna work....
Ron Dayne wouldn't mind sharing his secret with you, now would he?
Old 10-25-2007   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Well, I'm off the 'roids, so I'm a nice guy now...
Old 10-25-2007   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

We made a lot of little basic mistakes that I think (hope) are correctable. From MS to Winston, Walter, etc. pretty much everybody. If we can cut it to half, or eliminate them all, we will be just fine. We are better than we showed in the last few games.
Old 10-25-2007   #38
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
It was good meeting you and your wife on Sunday as well....we had a great time at the tailgate.
You too brother! I still can't talk from the game! O'h and I put my mag up in my classroom, looks great!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read