Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2005   #21
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

D-Rob. Sean Taylor is good to but when you think hind sight like the thread says, Just drafting a Safety would've left a gaping hole for CB in the future with Coleman and Glenn getting up there in age. With D-Rob living up to his expectations, we now have a CB for the future, a veteran in Marcus Coleman playing safety who started to come along towards the end of the season and should have a better season this coming year, and maybe a CB whose age shows occasionally but still has the ability to play for a couple more years.

D-Rob helped our D in more ways than one.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005   #22
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
I would easily, easily take Dunta now... but in April 2004, if both Taylor and Dunta were on the board at #10, I would have taken Taylor because I had seen him play then and I had seen next to nothing on Dunta. I think the grand majority of the board would have done the same...
Now on the other hand, if the Skins want to move Taylor, I think the Texans would make every effort to get him. Charlie wanted him.

Last edited by Blu; 01-17-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #23
Keldar
Veteran

Dunta has been just what the doctor ordered. Can't argue with the success.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #24
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
I tried to stay from this, But one more swing... Wake-up
and smell the coffee. ST will make our team right after
I do... ( I'm 60yrs old ) Like Never... He's not a team
player... and couldn't fit in.. I would bet that he would
get his clock cleaned the 1st time he showed his butt,
on our field.That look at me stuff wouldn't fly with this
team.

haha yeah that is also very true. we only seem to choose guys with a lot of character, and seem to have no real selfish "look at me" players ! thats one thing i love about our team !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #25
Haams
All Pro

number one - i'mglad to have dunta and thanks to capers for another good draft decision. to answer the original question i would take sean taylor. he was hurt this year so we still don't know his capabilities. robinson has proven he will be a good to great cb but i think chances are taylor will be a better safety then dunta is cb. hope i'm wrong. also we haven't seen the benefits yet but i think sloan thomas might have been best steal of the draft if he has half the skills i believe him to.
Haams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #26
astrofan
Veteran

I say draft another topshelf corner and replace foreman with DRob
then, never give him an assignment for any particular play other than:
Dunta, find the ball carrier, then break him

halfway through next season the media would be saying: "rayray who?"
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #27
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

D-rob is the man, cause he not only brings skill to his position at such a young age, but he brings excitement and make the big play when you need it to the whole secondary. Also I kinda think of him the way I did Bill Bates of the Cowboys. He was the guy who wasn't fast and wasn't the strongest, but played with heart and determination, and IMO that is a hell of a player. I myself was always the underdog, but D-rob has the one thing ST doesnt. They never saw him comming.

God!
Family!
Country!
Texans!
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read