Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2007   #81
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another strange presser..Mario?

Like most folks, I'm irratated as hell with the season so far. Pissed off as a matter of fact.

But I also feel this D-line of ours is going to be the best in football someday. Something that will distinguish the Texans from other teams in the NFL. It won't be this year, as we can all see. And it probably won't be next year either.

However, if we are still bitching about this three years from now, I'll be pulling my hair out and bashing the D-line with everyone else.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #82
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Like most folks, I'm irratated as hell with the season so far. Pissed off as a matter of fact.

But I also feel this D-line of ours is going to be the best in football someday. Something that will distinguish the Texans from other teams in the NFL. It won't be this year, as we can all see. And it probably won't be next year either.

However, if we are still bitching about this three years from now, I'll be pulling my hair out and bashing the D-line with everyone else.
I'm with you on this.

I was a Carr Supporter until his last year here, at the start of last season I wasn't going to put up much with him, i'd give him his 4 years and he just looked the same and hardly ever improved.

I am going to give Mario that same time. I guess some of you would be willing to trade him, and watch him go somewhere or something and watch him become a dominant DE and then say you should have been more patient.
I think a lot of coaches feel Mario was a project, just like Bush and VY. They were all projects.

If you have the #1 pick you take a guy with a high ceiling rather than a high floor. Why get a guy who is going to peak to be a good player than take a guy who can potentially peak and become a GREAT player... you draft on potential and we all know the type of Potential Mario had coming into the NFL.

Last edited by Leahmic223; 10-24-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #83
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as drafting Mario, I was totally in favor of taking him instead of Bush when we did that two years ago. I have never thought Bush would amount to even half his hype in the NFL. I, however, was one of the VY crybabies. LOL

Schaub has helped me get over that though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read