Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2006   #441
real

Default Re: Morency on MNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
How many Sacks or QB pressures or negative rushes has the GB O-line given up this year? Is it more or less than the Houston O-line has given up?
That is totally irrelevant...Im not going to even look that up.....Once again...Stats don't tell the whole story....If you want to beleive that 2 rookies, and a second yr center are better than what we have ....go ahead....
Old 10-06-2006   #442
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

Default Re: Trade: Samkon Gado for Vernand Morency

First of all, there is no way Morency is Faster than Gado...

For those of you who missed the Detroit game last year, Gado's 64 yard td run where he outran the two safeties that had the angle pretty much proved his legit 4.3.

Morency may have more shake and bake than Gado, but not more speed.

The line play has been incredibly terrible every time Gado has gotten the slightest chance of a touch.

Again, mark my words....you guys will be singing Gado's praises before this is over. The same progression happened last year in Green Bay....every one hated him at first, then when he got into some rhythm and got some carries he was golden.

And don't tell me he got his chance vs. Miami. He played the second series, which ended abruptly with the weird turnover/strip play, and on his second, the team's fourth series...they went incomplete, incomplete, third and long....

Gado scores on the long run by dayne that got called back for holding...

Again, bookmark this thread....and when Gado rushes for 150 yards vs either Dallas or Tennessee come back and post comments here.
Jim Nayzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #443
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
I am i'll! Kubes has his vision of a RB. Capers and Kubes did not think Morency had what it takes.

I always thought Morency had average vision, but tremendous burst.
I hope the guy does well in Green Bay. If he wasn't what Kubiak wanted, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope his idea of a running back shows up very soon.
Old 10-06-2006   #444
texan_fan_in_tampa_bay
Rookie

The Texans should have a decent shot at drafting Kenny Irons out of Auburn. Domanick Davis is finished.
texan_fan_in_tampa_bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #445
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nayzium View Post
First of all, there is no way Morency is Faster than Gado...

For those of you who missed the Detroit game last year, Gado's 64 yard td run where he outran the two safeties that had the angle pretty much proved his legit 4.3.

Morency may have more shake and bake than Gado, but not more speed.

The line play has been incredibly terrible every time Gado has gotten the slightest chance of a touch.

Again, mark my words....you guys will be singing Gado's praises before this is over. The same progression happened last year in Green Bay....every one hated him at first, then when he got into some rhythm and got some carries he was golden.

And don't tell me he got his chance vs. Miami. He played the second series, which ended abruptly with the weird turnover/strip play, and on his second, the team's fourth series...they went incomplete, incomplete, third and long....

Gado scores on the long run by dayne that got called back for holding...

Again, bookmark this thread....and when Gado rushes for 150 yards vs either Dallas or Tennessee come back and post comments here.
The difference in Morency's speed and Gado's speed is a small fraction......Morency also makes people miss, that is way more important than a hair of a 40 time. Making people miss is the name of the game for runningbacks. Walter Payton wasn't that big and he wasn't very fast, he made people miss, ran hard and went on to set a record that no one though would be broken. E. Smith wasn't that big and he didn't have world class speed, but he made people miss and went on to break that unbreakable record. 40 times are the most overrated measurable in sports.

Running the ball is about elusiveness, quickness, and burst.

Morency has more elusiveness, quickness, and burst.

DD had those qualities, thats the reason why he was so successful here, especially for a 4th rounder.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-06-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #446
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
The difference in Morency's speed and Gado's speed is a small fraction......Morency also makes people miss, that is way more important than a hair of a 40 time. Making people miss is the name of the game for runningbacks. Walter Payton wasn't that big and he wasn't very fast, he made people miss, ran hard and went on to set a record that no one though would be broken. E. Smith wasn't that big and he didn't have world class speed, but he made people miss and went on to break that unbreakable record. 40 times are the most overrated measurable in sports.

Running the ball is about elusiveness, quickness, and burst.

Morency has more elusiveness, quickness, and burst.

DD had those qualities, thats the reason why he was so successful here, especially for a 4th rounder.
There are actually several kinds of runningbacks..... depending on your system, & personnell, those other kinds may prove to be more productive. There was some guy named JohnRiggins(I believe) who wasn't very elusive, but broke records set by GayleSayers.

We also have a brutish type back who breaks tackles that morency would have to avoid, or succomb to. He also holds the career NCAAF rushing record.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #447
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There are actually several kinds of runningbacks..... depending on your system, & personnell, those other kinds may prove to be more productive. There was some guy named JohnRiggins(I believe) who wasn't very elusive, but broke records set by GayleSayers.

We also have a brutish type back who breaks tackles that morency would have to avoid, or succomb to. He also holds the career NCAAF rushing record.
Riggins was a powerback. He ran over people. Gibbs loved him because he forced the oppisition to stack the box, then he was able to run his smurfs all over the field.

I don't see anybody on our team running people over right now.

I like Gado and hope he does well, he's a Texan now, I just don't buy into the theory that just because he has more top end speed than Morency that he's the better back.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #448
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

Go to www.packers.com and watch the highlights from the oh-so talked about 100 yard game and watch for the highlights of Morency. You'll see only one play that made the highlight reel....a fumble inside his own five.

I am telling you...based on last year's performances for the Packers, NOT, 40 times, Gado has proven he is a bona-fide every down back in the NFL.

And its not all about elusiveness. The way the eagles and falcons ration their carries to their 'elusive' 180-pound tailbacks is really the reason they keep coming up short in the playoffs.

The NFL running back is more about what you do with your 19th carry through your 27th carry. IF a team is good enough in the box to warrant you getting 20 carries....what kind of physical shape is your body in to deliver the type of performance you delivered in the first quarter?

That is where Gado will shine. There is not a player in the NFL in better physical shape than this kid. His first real game for the Pack he had 26 carries versus the Steelers and got physically pounded. He got better as the game wore on.

The DB's don't want to tackle this guy. Try and find the eagles highlights from last year's game versus the packers...and watch Dawkins (all-pro Dawkins) dive at his feet ... No one wants to tackle the guy once he has a head of steam.

The difference between Dayne and Gado is they both instill fear in the would be tackler, but Dayne seeks out that tackler and tries to run him over...Gado just outruns him and if he gets in the way he makes him pay.

Seriously, before you act like Morency is the better back you need to see film on last year's Falcon, Lions, Steelers, and Eagles games.

Who had the most rushing yards versus the steelers last year in a single game???

GADO~!
Old 10-08-2006   #449
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

Noah Herron comes off the bench today for the Packers and rushes for 100 yards. Evidently, the Packers didn't feel like Morency's fumble in the first quarter was something they were willing to tolerate...and actually they were.

It was his second fumble in the half that got him benched.

That's 25 carries - 3 fumbles???
Old 10-08-2006   #450
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency has one and favre has one fumble according to NFL.com

Yahoo just showed 2 fumbes but only showed Morency in the stats.

I didn't know Morency was fumble prone coming out of college, but that is not a good thing
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #451
real

More hindsight fun.
Old 10-23-2007   #452
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nayzium View Post
18 carries and I havent seen anything golden or any type of rhythm at all.

Glad Gado was released today.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #453
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Gado made a living off of one MNF game with Green Bay. I am glad he is gone because I was tired of Waiting for Gado.

I just threw up in my mouth after reading this thread.
Old 10-24-2007   #454
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
ive been away all week...and couldn't believe this story...ive supported kubiak with all his other decisions but ive got to say- i hate this 1
Quote:
gado, from what i saw of him last year, is honest but limited...hes not fast on film and his moves are limited...im trying to make sense of the move but i just dont see it...plus im down already from last weekend and my optimism is fading fast....
hated it then, hated it now
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #455
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i wonder what will become of samkonfan and his crazy garuntees though
Old 10-24-2007   #456
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i wonder what will become of samkonfan and his crazy garuntees though
Follow Hulk's lead right out the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #457
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29571

Quote:
Samkon Gado has a big run in the first half early, gets most of the reps and rushes for over a 100 yards. He is still raw but a better upside to him than Dayne. Gado has the power and speed that Houston needs to be an every down back
btw he finished with 4 carries for 5 yards... must've been saving that power and speed for later
Old 10-24-2007   #458
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Gado made a living off of one MNF game with Green Bay. I am glad he is gone because I was tired of Waiting for Gado.

I just threw up in my mouth after reading this thread.
Is that the football version of Waiting for Godot?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read