Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2007   #1
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Grading the Titams Game

Unfortunately, I'm traveling and missed the 1st half.

WR - Grade=B+. Would somebody please tell the coaches that we actually may have an outstanding corp of receivers.... even without AJ & JJ? Perhaps it would be a good idea to utilize them more early and throughout the game ...... especially since our running game is struggling. How about some 3 WR sets and 4 WR sets?

TE - Grade=B+. Daniels didn't get his 1st catch until the 4th quarter. Would somebody please tell the coaches that we have a very good TE and it REALLY is okay to utilize him throughout the game?

Oline - Grade=D+. Slightly better than last week. I think better & more agressive schemes would help them alot but, they are what they are ... bottom of the league.

QB - Grade = C-. Too many turnovers. Sage deserves to start with his performances and Schaub is starting to feel the effects of the lack of talent in front and back of him so he could use a rest, anyway.

RB - Grade=D. Not much to talk about that hasn't already been said. We just need more talent and I'm hoping Chris Taylor can come back 100%.

FB - Grade=C. Not performing as well as last year and not being utilized as well as last year.

DLine - Grade=C-. Just barely okay .... still little pressure on QB.

MLB - Grade=B+. Played better than last week.

OLB - Grade=D. They are what they are ... bottom of the league.

CB - Grade=B-. Seeing Faggins out there game after game is like continuing to date someone you can't stand because you are too stubborn too admit the relationship is a mistake.

S - Grade=D. We just don't have the talent here but, better schemes could help some.

ST - Grade=C-. Even Matt Turk had an off game.

Coaching - Grade=D. Still too passive on both sides of the ball.

Looking at our schedule, I can now see us going 5-11 or 6-10 but, still better than last year.

Okay that's my take on it, what's yours?
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #2
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grading the Titams Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Unfortunately, I'm traveling and missed the 1st half.

WR - Grade=B+. Would somebody please tell the coaches that we actually may have an outstanding corp of receivers.... even without AJ & JJ? Perhaps it would be a good idea to utilize them more early and throughout the game ...... especially since our running game is struggling. How about some 3 WR sets and 4 WR sets?

TE - Grade=B+. Daniels didn't get his 1st catch until the 4th quarter. Would somebody please tell the coaches that we have a very good TE and it REALLY is okay to utilize him throughout the game?

Oline - Grade=D+. Slightly better than last week. I think better & more agressive schemes would help them alot but, they are what they are ... bottom of the league.

QB - Grade = C-. Too many turnovers. Sage deserves to start with his performances and Schaub is starting to feel the effects of the lack of talent in front and back of him so he could use a rest, anyway.

RB - Grade=D. Not much to talk about that hasn't already been said. We just need more talent and I'm hoping Chris Taylor can come back 100%.

FB - Grade=C. Not performing as well as last year and not being utilized as well as last year.

DLine - Grade=C-. Just barely okay .... still little pressure on QB.

MLB - Grade=B+. Played better than last week.

OLB - Grade=D. They are what they are ... bottom of the league.

CB - Grade=B-. Seeing Faggins out there game after game is like continuing to date someone you can't stand because you are too stubborn too admit the relationship is a mistake.

S - Grade=D. We just don't have the talent here but, better schemes could help some.

Coaching - Grade=D. Still too passive on both sides of the ball.

Looking at our schedule, I can now see us going 5-11 or 6-10 but, still better than last year.

Okay that's my take on it, what's yours?
Win the games you're suppose to and win the ones you're not suppose to. Thats going to be the key to Houston's success.
Old 10-22-2007   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He dropped two passes in the first half. It's the first this season he's had a drop that I can remember.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We started with an empty backfield and there were plenty of 3 WR sets. Once Jacoby was pulled in the 1st quarter, 4 WR sets were not possible.

Quote:
The Texans came out totally unprepared to handle the Titans' blitzes for three quarters. They were trying to get the ball out, but were harassed plus OD had two drops in the 1st half.

Quote:
Leach had a TD reception. As for lead blocking, it is one thing for a FB to widen an existing hole or keep a LB or S from closing one and totally another to expect him to wholly create a hole.

Quote:
46 yds (fair catch), 53 yds (22 yd return), 51 yds (downed), 37 yds (fair catch), 38 yds (fair catch)--that isn't an off day, that is a 45 yard average and 41 yd net average. That is the same 41 yd net average that has Turk at #5 punter in the NFL. No team that recovers back to back on sides attempts should get a C- special teams grade either.
Old 10-23-2007   #5
JamesC
Lumberjack

Send a message via Yahoo to JamesC

I didnt want to start a new thread but what happened to Jacoby? That punt that David Anderson fumbled should have been handled by him.
JamesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #6
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
I didnt want to start a new thread but what happened to Jacoby? That punt that David Anderson fumbled should have been handled by him.
Kubiak said he still wasn't ready to play. I think when JJ let that kick pass by him and sit on the 4 yard line - or somewhere close to there - that was the last straw. I don't know what JJ was thinking. It happened right in front of me - he called everyone off and just watched as TN touched the ball waay back. Go Figure. Just one more bizarre play in a totally bizarre game.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #7
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
We started with an empty backfield and there were plenty of 3 WR sets. Once Jacoby was pulled in the 1st quarter, 4 WR sets were not possible.

The Texans came out totally unprepared to handle the Titans' blitzes for three quarters. They were trying to get the ball out, but were harassed plus OD had two drops in the 1st half.

Leach had a TD reception. As for lead blocking, it is one thing for a FB to widen an existing hole or keep a LB or S from closing one and totally another to expect him to wholly create a hole.

46 yds (fair catch), 53 yds (22 yd return), 51 yds (downed), 37 yds (fair catch), 38 yds (fair catch)--that isn't an off day, that is a 45 yard average and 41 yd net average. That is the same 41 yd net average that has Turk at #5 punter in the NFL. No team that recovers back to back on sides attempts should get a C- special teams grade either.

Thanks for the corrections. I missed the 1st half and my view of the screen was distracted often.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read