Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: which home loss to Tennessee was worse?
last year was worse 29 60.42%
this year is worse 19 39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2007   #1
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default which was worse poll

we all remember what happened the last time Tennessee came to Houston.
that had to be rough. the hometown hero put it in the home teams eye... a walk-off td scamper in OT no less. That was pretty brutal.

now today... for three quarters it was rough. How many total yards did Houston manage through three quarters? It doesn't matter. You get my point. 25 pt deficit overcome in the 4th quarter... Texans got a lead...

and what happens? Bironas kicks hits eighth fg on the day and closes the door on the Texans in regulation. That's brutal too.

So I want to put this to a vote. Which was worse?

my condolences by the way. I'm just glad it's not me really. I'd be depressed all week thinking about that ginormouse lead the Titans blew.
Old 10-21-2007   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: which was worse poll

From what I saw leaving the stadium today I think this years was worst.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say this year, because we fought back and took the lead and then couldn't make a crucial stop.

Like I said on another post, Kinda Bitter-sweet for y'all.. kicker got the record, but I'd think it would be safe to say, y'all got to be worried about your offense and in the inability to get TD's instead of field goal.. I say that because usually it is the Texans that have that trouble.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

not even close for me tbh...this year is waay worse.. last year, while it was painful, it wasnt very unexpected.. plus last year we werent going anywhere, we were 3-6 or something

this year- we somehow had a chance to win a classic that would not only put us back above .500, but would probably have given everybody a huge burst of energy and enthusiasm for the next few games
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

double post
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #6
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

when I was leaving the game you got a sense that this year was worst.....eventhough it didn't matter who won to me since I was cheering for both teams, I felt some hurt for the die hard Texans fans....
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #7
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

mcnair beat us in our third year with a last second bomb. that was pretty bad aswell. this was the worst though.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2007   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

What is worse?

Being shot or stabbed.

Last year was worse because VY's TD happened right in front of me and I had to see and hear all that garbage in the aftermath. I walked up the stairs behind Young's mom and Mattress Mack.

And the tailgating sucked last year because of the rain. Probably the worst tailgate ever with people claiming to be Texan fans but wearing UT shirts as protest. It was such garbage. Stuck under tents with a bunch of psuedo fans.

This year you saw actual Titan fans mixed with the VY fans who were unable to tell you any of the other players of the Titans. Maybe Bo Scaife if they stretched a little. And seeing all these Longhorns slumming at Reliant on a Sunday paying top dollar for their ticket, and watching VY standing by himself most of the game doing nothing, not even holding clipboard or even feigning to help the offense.

The Titan fans who were left in the building deserved to see the ending of an absolutely amazing crazy game that turned out poorly for Houston. I'm guessing those fans actually care about the Titans more than beating the traffic home or trying to relive Vince's Texas days because UT football has been unhappy this season.

Actually overhead at the game:

Man: "Oooooh, I don't see why fans boo at games it is so low class."

Woman: "Yes, that is awful. (pause) Well I did boo Colt McCoy when he threw four interceptions but I couldn't help myself."

The ending of the game was brutal. But, with the Titans having three time outs, and time on the clock, and a kicker who made all his kicks, it wasn't going to completely surprise me if they could move it down the field.

Personally, that the Texans gave that sort of effort at all in the 4th quarter, in a game that they appeared to be dog turd, and were winning the game near the end with 6 turnovers is twisted weird.

In other words, though talkradio tomorrow is going to be crappy, it isn't going to be VY-all-the-time sort of crappy.

TC
Longhorn Alum
Texan fan
Old 10-21-2007   #9
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

With out a Doubt last years hurt the most mostly because of how it happened.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #10
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

last year was so much worse, a guy came back and the story was he was gunna show up cuz we passed him, when he should know very well that we were never gunna pick him. then he runs it in, in ot, and our weak a$$ fans go Fn nuts..... that sucked, i was so embarased...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #11
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year was WAAAAAY worse.

Not only did we lose, but VY put the dagger in. I'm STILL hearing about that crap in Austin.

This time, the VY lovers won't have anything to hang onto; they'll just say 'oh, the texans suck.' Well la dee dah.

Last year's was waaaaay, waaaaay worse.

signed,

ensign_lee
Current UT Undergrad
Texans fan
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont get too high after a win and dont get too low after a loss...

A loss is a loss whether its by two points because of a last second field goal or getting kicked by about 30..

But for the sake of discussion, this year was worse...

Nothing to do with the comeback or 'his highness' - any of that crap. But because my expectations of what this years Texans team should be. Not saying they'd be a play-off team, but a team that should go 8-8 at worse, possibly 9-7.

To be 8-8 or 9-7, a team needs to win at home against a divisional opponent...
Old 10-22-2007   #13
Nza
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I'd say this year, because we fought back and took the lead and then couldn't make a crucial stop.

Like I said on another post, Kinda Bitter-sweet for y'all.. kicker got the record, but I'd think it would be safe to say, y'all got to be worried about your offense and in the inability to get TD's instead of field goal.. I say that because usually it is the Texans that have that trouble.
It was a concern well before this week. I've come to the conclusion Fisher WANTS to win by a field goal. Touchdowns are his enemy because he gets his jollies from close wins. If we had an above average RZ offense we'd have a fair shot at being 6-0 right now.
Nza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #14
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

What are you guys talking about? We lost? Someone said I went into a crazy rant and knocked myself out cold and the most amazing thing happened. I woke up and I can't remeber a damn thing about playing the Titans or anyone else the last few years. Hell I can't even remember all those heartbreaking losses from our Oiler days. We are undefeated as far as I know, it's a new season let's go texans 10-0! I suggest all you Texans fans do what I did and go knock yourselves out cold - this whole amnesia thing is really great (oh, only if it were true)!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read