Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2007   #61
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember what I said at the beginning of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but as long as Kubiak and Rick Smith keep trying to be like Denver I don't think we will draft a RB in the first round.
I hate to burst your bubble bursting but I don't think they're trying that hard to be like Denver. If they're up in the first round and there's a good running back that they really like staring them in the face, I think they'll take him. From all reports I've heard, Kubiak was really considering trying to trade up to get Maroney a couple of drafts ago.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #62
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

We shall see, I hope that's the case. I would hate us to pass up a great player with our pick especially if we have a need at the position. I just have a feeling they will avoid RB's in the first. Do you think they would have drafted Adrian Peterson if he fell one more spot to us, or still gone with Okoye?
Old 10-20-2007   #63
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We shall see, I hope that's the case. I would hate us to pass up a great player with our pick especially if we have a need at the position. I just have a feeling they will avoid RB's in the first. Do you think they would have drafted Adrian Peterson if he fell one more spot to us, or still gone with Okoye?
I didn't expect either Okoye or Peterson to drop to us at 10.

I think they would have gone with Peterson if he had dropped. BUT. No one really knows for sure. Everyone puts together all these draft forecasts and even the "experts" never get it right. I mean... not very many people were expecting the Vikes to take Peterson, the Redskins to take Landry, or the Dolphins to skip Quinn and take Ginn.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #64
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno what your definition of "our year" would be, but I think its premature
to conclude that this year is a success, failure, or break-even at this point.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #65
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
first, AP would have had to drop three spots as he was drafted #7 and we picked at #10

second, assuming both were available, I think we would still have gone with Okoye. We had already signed Green in the off-season and I'd bet money that, at draft time, Kubiak was thinking his RB stable was going to consist of Green, Taylor, and Dayne (so help me I don't know what Kubiak sees in him). Gado, Lundy, and Walker were there to push any slackers (Dayne) off the squad.

Unfortunately, Taylor went down way early, Green can't stay on the field, Gado is hot and cold (mostly cold), and sadly, Dayne is who we, the fans, thought he was.

I hope Kubiak keeps to his philosophy of not depending on anyone that's on currently IR to ever return and drafts accordingly. By that I mean he drafts to replace Charles Spencer, Brandon Harrison, and Chris Taylor. I like all three guys, but it remains to be seen if either of them will reach the pre-injury potential.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #66
A Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
This guys, is not our year. This is a nice product, but its still in beta so to speak. Lets not forget we have a boatload of money to spend next year. Next year we can adress most of the weaknesses we have on this team all in one offseason. When I said this was a sub .500 team, this is what I was talking about. The good news is that this team is on the rise.
Another fan giving up and using the "wait until next year" dodge. Pretty soon someone will be saying "Let's lose as many as we can so we can get a better draft pick".
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #67
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I hate to burst your bubble bursting but I don't think they're trying that hard to be like Denver. If they're up in the first round and there's a good running back that they really like staring them in the face, I think they'll take him. From all reports I've heard, Kubiak was really considering trying to trade up to get Maroney a couple of drafts ago.
Quote:
Pencil is right--they are more than willing to take a RB in the 1st and the "Denver" rule needs to die a merciful death.

The Texans tried to trade to get the 26th pick to get DeAngelo Williams by offering 2nd and 4th round picks. That would have been Demeco and Owen Daniels by the way. Buffalo offered their 2nd and 3rd round picks. To match we would have had to give up Demeco and Winston. Either way we would have lost two starters, but the episode shows they were willing to pay a stiff price and they have no rule against 1st round RBs.
Old 10-21-2007   #68
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Pencil is right--they are more than willing to take a RB in the 1st and the "Denver" rule needs to die a merciful death.

The Texans tried to trade to get the 26th pick to get DeAngelo Williams by offering 2nd and 4th round picks. That would have been Demeco and Owen Daniels by the way. Buffalo offered their 2nd and 3rd round picks. To match we would have had to give up Demeco and Winston. Either way we would have lost two starters, but the episode shows they were willing to pay a stiff price and they have no rule against 1st round RBs.
This is what we need to do this year. That or get a corner. These two positions along with our offensive line seem to be seriously lacking.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read