Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2007   #21
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Enough of this whiny Texan fan crap get ready for the Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I am so sick and tired of having to apologize and make excuses for my team. I am so tired of you Texan fan feeling sorry for yourself and questioning your team. I'm sick of it. You guys are whining about how our running game isnt working. How Kubiak is making the right calls. Mario is a bust. Our offense sucks. Blah blah ... NOT THIS WEEK!

I do not know if you guys recall who is coming to town, can you tell me?
I can't really tell because all I see on this board is a bunch of whining people who are shattered because their team isnt rolling over the competition. Get over it . Get over your own opinions of what the Texans are doing wrong and what you think they can do better. SAVE IT FOR NEXT WEEK.

Who am I to tell you this?
Well, I will tell you. I am a former Oiler fan who remebers watching Oilers games with my father. The Oilers of my time were the greatest football players, to a then preteen kid . Oilers like...Warren Moon, Haywood Jefferies, Ernest Givens, Sean Jones, Bubba McDowell, and Bruce Matthews. I remeber the run and shoot and the theme song after every touchdown. I remeber every great win and every heartbreaking loss. I still hurt really bad when the Bills game is shown on ESPN classic. That loss was nothing compared to what I felt the day the Oilers left Houston. The city I never lived in gave up on a team that I cheered my heart for year in and year out. Choke after choke. I came back to them. I now understand it wasn't the team you gave up on it was the man that owned the team, Bud Adams.

Now that man who moved our team is coming back into your town like a victorious robber baron made wealthy by moochers. Moochers who embraced our rising team like they were theirs. Stole our tradition, our Hall of fame players and acted like they were the ones who shared in their greatest glories and hung in with them with their agonizing defeats. Earl Campbell is not their legend. Warren Moon did not play one down in the armpit of America, but yet he is in the Titan ring of Honor. That team is an abomination of our glorious Oilers. That team is coming to town and you want to whine and complain about the team you have now???????

NOT THIS WEEK!!!! NOT ON THIS BOARD OR THE OTHER. HELL NO!!!!! NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR OUR SUPPORT OF THIS TEAM TO WAIVER. NOW IS THE TIME FOR US TO RALLY TOGETHER AND BE DEFIANT AT RELIANT TO A MAN AND CITY AND STATE THAT HAVE STOLEN WHAT WAS OURS.

I plan to put aside my being a gracious host to those who come from the Titan board and try to rip my team. I will not be afraid to defend them from any who rip them, foreign or domestic. I swear to give those wearing VY jersies a hard time at any time I see them this week. I plan to rag on any Texan fans I see cheering for him.(I have a DVR and a pen). But most of all I plan on yelling and screaming... THIS IS RELIANT ... AND I AM A TEXAN.... BATTLE RED %$^&%$^&

(yes I posted this on both boards. yes its true on both sites.)
Amen sir...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
reality check:

we have lost to the jags and colts, two of the top 10 teams in the league based on current records. with our injuries and overall youth, thats nothing to be down about at all.
We also lost to a winless ATL and barely squeaked out a victory against a winless MIA.

It's not losing, per say, but how they are losing. They got owned by the Jaguars, and at no point in the game did we see our team impose their will on the opponent. No matter how you slice and dice it, we look like we are regressing after the first three games.

Obviously the Titans game is huge. The difference between 4-3 and 3-4, the idea that Vince Young left Reliant saying it was his house, the feeling that the Titans just wanted to win more than we did that day. Will our team dig deep and find the will and the heart to stand up and punch back? Will we see a team that demands that "we must protect this house"? That remains to be seen, and to be honest, I cannot say with 100% conviction that they will be that team next Sunday. The best I can do is hope for it.
Old 10-16-2007   #23
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
If you look at the Titans logo, the "T" looks like a thumbtack. Hence the "tacs" or "flaming thumbtacks."
Now does someone want to point out what a "Titan" is according to Greek mythology.

I am still proud of that thread. That nickname got me a 20% warning increase at GoTitans.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Now does someone want to point out what a "Titan" is according to Greek mythology.

I am still proud of that thread. That nickname got me a 20% warning increase at GoTitans.

LMAO... Thanks to you, I know what a 'Titan' is.
Old 10-16-2007   #25
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 17549 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you look at the Titans logo, the "T" looks like a thumbtack. Hence the "tacs" or "flaming thumbtacks."
Thanks for the explanation.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Thanks for the explanation.
also affectionately known as the flaming meatballs.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Enough of this whiny Texan fan crap get ready for the Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I don't think he meant analyzing, I think what he is seeing is DWELLING. Time to move forward theres alot of football left this season. Lets go win some more games and try to get a play off spot.
WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED VINCE YOUNG!

:stirpot
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #28
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Enough of this whiny Texan fan crap get ready for the Titans

Quote:
Rep your way. I always wondered that.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #29
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The twelve children of Uranus...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #30
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Hahaha!

In other news, Pacman used to have two lamborghini's.... but he rectum.
Old 10-17-2007   #31
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Close but, not the whole story.

Uranus sister was the mother of his children. Thus making the Titans....

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #32
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Close but, not the whole story.

Uranus sister was the mother of his children. Thus making the Titans....
...a perfect fit in Tennessee
Old 10-17-2007   #33
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
...a perfect fit in Tennessee
figuretivly and literally
Old 10-17-2007   #34
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Luke, I am your Father... and your uncle...
Old 10-17-2007   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks to Overalls extensive research, we are enlightened to the fact that the Titans are the Inbred Children of Uranus:

Link to the thread with the explanation: I was thinking what it meant to be a Titan
Old 10-17-2007   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thanks to Overalls extensive research, we are enlightened to the fact that the Titans are the Inbred Children of Uranus:

Link to the thread with the explanation: I was thinking what it meant to be a Titan
Nice link, Bill

And kudo to Overalls!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #37
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Hahaha!

In other news, Pacman used to have two lamborghini's.... but he rectum.
Rectum? Damn near killed 'em!

I don't think we are going to see the probs in the Red Zone this sunday!
Texans 27...Inbred tack flaming meatballs 14

Old 10-18-2007   #38
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Uranus..... perfict fit...... uncle ...sister haaaahaaaaa

Freaking awesome
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #39
A Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
So we're not allowed to dwell on the past game, yet you dwell on the 80s Oilers?

This is a Texans message board, not a Oilers fan board. Expect people to talk about the Texans, and that includes the last game played.
You don't get it, do you? The only reason he brought up the Oilers was because they are this week's opponent and he was trying to explain his distaste for what bud did and why he thought we should be focusing on this week, not last week or what's happened in past weeks.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read