Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2007   #21
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boston Herald picks the David Carr Titans

Graduated from the same school as Dick???? So....he doesn't know dick?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #22
SuperDan
Pura Vida

I understand that our franchise hasn't been "relevant" (other than the 2006 draft) as far as the national media is concerned. But it consistently blows my mind how little people know about us...and claim to be experts on the topic. I mean, c'mon....there's really no excuse for typing www.houstontexans.com and doing some clicking and scrolling in the name of "research."

I dunno about you guys, but if I sucked as consistently as some of these people do at my job, I wouldn't have one.
SuperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #23
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
If he has a track record of making dumb mistakes like this one, then he's probably going to stay a volunteer journalist
That mistake caused a lot of people to click on the link. That caused the Boston Herald to get more revenue from the ads.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #24
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
That mistake caused a lot of people to click on the link. That caused the Boston Herald to get more revenue from the ads.
Well, that must be why McClain and Justice are still employed.

The Chronicle actually makes a profit from their incompetence.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
apparently someone is making picks but doesn't follow the NFL.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/footb...94&format=text
LOL. I saw that, too.

This is absolute proof that the media who often write about the NFL do not actually follow it at all.

Somehow, some way, someone messed up and didn't do their research before hitting the "send" button on their story. This was not just a coincidence...there's supposed to also be a copy editor for the sports section who would catch this error before it was posted/printed.

A lot of people (the writer, the copy editor, and the sports editor) fell asleep on this one.

More reason to go to the message boards if you want REAL news on a team.
Old 10-21-2007   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I also read there that Earl Campbell agreed to come back from retirement to help Houston out due to A. Green's ineffectiveness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB60i9PSzLY

MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read