Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007   #141
4Texans
Hall of Fame
 
4Texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,049
Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfan77070 View Post
I'm with TexansLucky13 on this one. On that delay of game no-call, even the CBS team (whom I think really wanted the Jags to win) wer shocked that it wasn't called.
When the officials can't call a D-O-G penalty 3+ seconds after the clock expires, you know it's just not your day. The Officiating crew should get some sort of repremand for that one.
__________________
Born and raised a Texan... How 'bout you?
4Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #142
pappy
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 217
Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is gripping about a no call that cbs pointed out during the game but there were several times there were no calls . Times when we went out of bounds and the clock kept going . It just dont pay to jump into the faces of the refs during the game wait till the end then let them have it . Kubiak deserves all the credit here it is after all hard enough to beat a team but a team and the refs is impossible .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #143
the village idiot
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0 the village idiot is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an awesome thread! I don't think I've ever seen a delay of game no call be used as such an impact non-call in a 37-17 football game. Having actually been at the game and having actually watched a broader field than on your little box, there were many times that either team could've been flagged for something. Its called football.

Now, having played and presently coaching football, crying about officiating has always been what losers do. That isn't mean as a mean swipe at your fan base, but rather a fact. When you're losing you look for excuses. When you're winning you don't mind a missed call or bad call as much. Have I griped in the past? Sure I have and the rebuke I received from coaches, players, etc was well justified. But to read that the Texans weren't dominated...it was the officiating is just pathetic. Of course we get the classic Del Rio is classless smack or the blackout smack...YAWN! Good work on that. As noted the DOG was missed and the others were judgment calls. I sure did see Reggie Williams get head slapped a lot with no call.

Some of us don't have the hate for the Texans that you all have for the Jags. I enjoy the annual meetings. The titans are the team I abhor (and yes I'm not yet over 1999). But all of this is good for the rivalry. It is what makes football.

Be that as it may, and this is just my opinion, as noted by some of your other ilk, the whinning is disgusting. It is like having to read all the 375 smack against the Colts. Yeah, that 375 is pretty impressive considering the colts won the Super Bowl. I wonder which I would take? Yeah, gimme the trophy.

Very funny thread though. I've been as frustrasted as some of you...I just tend to stay away from the keyboard until I'm less emotional.

Please beat the titans.
the village idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #144
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame
 
Twitch-Houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,713
Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the village ***** View Post
This is an awesome thread! I don't think I've ever seen a delay of game no call be used as such an impact non-call in a 37-17 football game. Having actually been at the game and having actually watched a broader field than on your little box, there were many times that either team could've been flagged for something. Its called football.

Now, having played and presently coaching football, crying about officiating has always been what losers do. That isn't mean as a mean swipe at your fan base, but rather a fact. When you're losing you look for excuses. When you're winning you don't mind a missed call or bad call as much. Have I griped in the past? Sure I have and the rebuke I received from coaches, players, etc was well justified. But to read that the Texans weren't dominated...it was the officiating is just pathetic. Of course we get the classic Del Rio is classless smack or the blackout smack...YAWN! Good work on that. As noted the DOG was missed and the others were judgment calls. I sure did see Reggie Williams get head slapped a lot with no call.

Some of us don't have the hate for the Texans that you all have for the Jags. I enjoy the annual meetings. The titans are the team I abhor (and yes I'm not yet over 1999). But all of this is good for the rivalry. It is what makes football.

Be that as it may, and this is just my opinion, as noted by some of your other ilk, the whinning is disgusting. It is like having to read all the 375 smack against the Colts. Yeah, that 375 is pretty impressive considering the colts won the Super Bowl. I wonder which I would take? Yeah, gimme the trophy.

Very funny thread though. I've been as frustrasted as some of you...I just tend to stay away from the keyboard until I'm less emotional.

Please beat the titans.
Not sure if you read all the threads and not just the title, but for the most part everyone is simply complaining about how bad the crew was not that it caused us to lose. Even if we'd won the game we'd still feel the same way. The calls were horrendous that's a fact not an excuse.

The Jags kicked our butts and most of us accept that. We just pointed out extremely obvious bad calls that's all this thread is about.

From what I understand people who were at the game didn't have the replays that we had on the real bad calls. I have also heard from others at the game that they saw quite a bit of holding that was not called. Probably Salaam since he is a consistent culprit.

Course there are a few posts in this thread that are the exception, but most of us are not using it as an excuse.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #145
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,153
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the village ***** View Post
This is an awesome thread! I don't think I've ever seen a delay of game no call be used as such an impact non-call in a 37-17 football game. Having actually been at the game and having actually watched a broader field than on your little box, there were many times that either team could've been flagged for something. Its called football.

Now, having played and presently coaching football, crying about officiating has always been what losers do. That isn't mean as a mean swipe at your fan base, but rather a fact. When you're losing you look for excuses. When you're winning you don't mind a missed call or bad call as much. Have I griped in the past? Sure I have and the rebuke I received from coaches, players, etc was well justified. But to read that the Texans weren't dominated...it was the officiating is just pathetic. Of course we get the classic Del Rio is classless smack or the blackout smack...YAWN! Good work on that. As noted the DOG was missed and the others were judgment calls. I sure did see Reggie Williams get head slapped a lot with no call.

Some of us don't have the hate for the Texans that you all have for the Jags. I enjoy the annual meetings. The titans are the team I abhor (and yes I'm not yet over 1999). But all of this is good for the rivalry. It is what makes football.

Be that as it may, and this is just my opinion, as noted by some of your other ilk, the whinning is disgusting. It is like having to read all the 375 smack against the Colts. Yeah, that 375 is pretty impressive considering the colts won the Super Bowl. I wonder which I would take? Yeah, gimme the trophy.

Very funny thread though. I've been as frustrasted as some of you...I just tend to stay away from the keyboard until I'm less emotional.

Please beat the titans.
Perhaps you ought to read more carefully, rather than living up to your user name. Reading comprehension is your friend although not required for a major in Kinesiology. I don't recall anyone from this fan base stating that reason for the loss was solely on the officiating. In fact, explore some of the other threads for some very well thought out and lucid explanations of our team's poor performance.
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #146
the village idiot
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0 the village idiot is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Perhaps you ought to read more carefully, rather than living up to your user name. Reading comprehension is your friend although not required for a major in Kinesiology. I don't recall anyone from this fan base stating that reason for the loss was solely on the officiating. In fact, explore some of the other threads for some very well thought out and lucid explanations of our team's poor performance.
Living up to your user name? I love it when I can get someone to use the "user name" smack. It reminds me of why I choose it. Thanks Bill! There is a sucker born every minute.

Thanks for the Kinesiology compliment. Although not on my lamb skin, I think I could've gotten a degree in that as well.

Why don't you go back and look at how the progression of the posts manifested and let me know what the spirit of some of those posts are. A good portion note that the calls made an impact. And did I comment that the WHOLE thread and ALL posts were in this spirit? No. How many logical fallacies can you break in one reply?

Did I say solely? I'm sorry, that must've been your reading comprehension. Why don't you quote me where I said "solely". Let me help:

--I don't think I've ever seen a delay of game no call be used as such an impact non-call

I look forward to your accurate "comprehension" of my post.
Thanks for the laugh.
the village idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #147
Specnatz
Site Contributor
 
Specnatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 8,620
Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Terrible Officiating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the village ***** View Post
Living up to your user name? I love it when I can get someone to use the "user name" smack. It reminds me of why I choose it. Thanks Bill! There is a sucker born every minute.

Thanks for the Kinesiology compliment. Although not on my lamb skin, I think I could've gotten a degree in that as well.

Why don't you go back and look at how the progression of the posts manifested and let me know what the spirit of some of those posts are. A good portion note that the calls made an impact. And did I comment that the WHOLE thread and ALL posts were in this spirit? No. How many logical fallacies can you break in one reply?

Did I say solely? I'm sorry, that must've been your reading comprehension. Why don't you quote me where I said "solely". Let me help:

--I don't think I've ever seen a delay of game no call be used as such an impact non-call

I look forward to your accurate "comprehension" of my post.
Thanks for the laugh.
Got to love those that come out of the woodwork like a cockroach to try and post without reading. The use of double negatives is great, but it does not change the question most are asking about how the call is missed.

Quote:
Now, having played and presently coaching football, crying about officiating has always been what losers do. That isn't mean as a mean swipe at your fan base, but rather a fact. When you're losing you look for excuses. When you're winning you don't mind a missed call or bad call as much. Have I griped in the past? Sure I have and the rebuke I received from coaches, players, etc was well justified. But to read that the Texans weren't dominated...it was the officiating is just pathetic. Of course we get the classic Del Rio is classless smack or the blackout smack...YAWN! Good work on that. As noted the DOG was missed and the others were judgment calls. I sure did see Reggie Williams get head slapped a lot with no call.
You complain about Bill's reading and comprehention, but if you are a coach, I am sure we are all thankful you do not coach in Texas. Not one person on here has said the Texans did not get beat and beat badly and soundly. Head slapped a lot? What is your definition of a lot that you teach these kids? Once and it was on accident Williams knocked the defenders arm into the helmet.

Quote:
Some of us don't have the hate for the Texans that you all have for the Jags. I enjoy the annual meetings. The titans are the team I abhor (and yes I'm not yet over 1999). But all of this is good for the rivalry. It is what makes football.
Well it is nice for you to stop by after this game, but it is funny I do not recall you being here at all last year? I wonder why that is, probably like most trolls you only show up after a win. You were not here before the game either, would that mean you had no confidence in your (so called) teams chances until after the game?

Thanks for stopping by glad we could amuse you, but then again most trolls are amused when they do not have much of a knowledge of football just like the players you coach.
__________________
The Invisible Poster!
Cynic at work, do not mind me; move along nothing to see here!
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger