Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2007   #41
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Maurice Jones-Drew and the Jags beat us

I think too many folks got too pumped up after our 2-0 start, I know I did. The fact remains that the Texans are not yet a playoff team. There are just too many glaring holes to patch up before we can expect much more than an 8-8 season from this team.

We got a damn good quarterback, receivers and TE. Now we need a real running back and a few more good O linemen if we expect to compete for a play off spot.

The Titans lost today, if we beat them next week, well be out of the cellar. Hey, its progress.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #42
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans looked like Pins and MJD looked like a bowling ball.
Old 10-15-2007   #43
jaxfan21
Rookie

To call the Jacksonville fans classless is just classless. Of course you have your one or two idiots but believe me Houston has the same. Maybe there is some bad calls (I haven't watched the game on TV only live) but you cannot blame a loss on the refs that is just childish. I bet there has been games that calls went your way. The Jaguars are a physical team plain and simple and it showned as the game went on. What you need to do is look back at the messages before the game started and see all the BS your fans talked. You cannot sit there one day and talk all the smack in the world then come back after you look like the jerks and then look more like an @$$ blaming the refs. Maybe we can finally put to the rest the Houston Texans have the Jags number quote. I cannot say we will win the next game against the Texans but I won't mind losing if we have our starters resting for the playoffs. To all the Texan fans that took the loss yesterday like a man congrats and I hope to keep up good conversation with you. And to the excuse makers, good luck with that.
jaxfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #44
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yeah it would have.
I love how Wonger gave me neg. rep for this.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #45
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorac View Post
To those of you whining about the refs you are weak and an embarrsement to your team. When I first read your post I thought I was reading a Colts board. Go find your nuts, quit whinning and go back and get ready for next week. Here is to both teams putting the f-ing colts out of the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSon View Post
The jags kicked our azz.

The refs were atrocious.

These two statements are not mutually exclusive.
Both Evilzorac and TexSon are correct. The Jags beat us like a drum. This is first and formost. The refs were bad, but considering the score and the big plays we permitted them to have, we should not complain about that too loudly. This kind of whining is juvenile and irresponsible. If we had beaten the Jags under the exact same circumstances and they were over on their board crying about the referees and what not, we would be laughing at them and deriding them about there childish antics on both our board and theirs, and otherwise having a field day. Let's take some responsibility here and be as graceful when we loose as when we win. That is called class, for those who do not know.

We must be a laughingstock over on the Jaguars board because of this. I am sincerely ashamed.

The Texans have largely owned the Jags over the last few seasons. The victory towards the end of last season had to be particularly bitter and emabarassing for them. If I remember right, they were making a bee-line for the playoffs last year, until we upset them in Jacksonville. That was after trouncing them here in Houston earlier in the year.

At that time, getting beat by the Texans was almost as embarassing as getting beat up in front of the girls locker room in junior high - by one of the girls!

We play in a tough division and Jacksonville is a good team. This matchup is turning into our first legitimate heart-felt rivalry. The Jags were out for blood against us yestersday. They were looking for revenge, for payback, and to get even. They achieved their objective.

We will have the chance to return the favor on the last game of the season here in Houston. That is going to be fun, and I believe that we will have a good chance to do it.

Congratulations Jags. Impressive victory yesterday. We will look forward to see you here in Houston on December 30, 2007.

Last edited by MojoMan; 10-15-2007 at 09:03 AM.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #46
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Call it lame if you want, but games are changed by 2-4 plays. These refs took it out of the players' hands and into their own. W\I would never claim we would have won but for the refs, but we have no idea what this game would have been like without these calls. As Kubiak said--F*&king BS.

As questionable as some of the calls were today, if the team comes out and plays that poorly it wouldn't make a difference. The Texans could have gotten the benefit of all those calls, but when you can't stop the run or hold on to the ball at the one yard line to score a TD, then you don't deserve to win.

To come on this board and see all these threads talking about the refs is embarrassing. The Texans got man-handled and exposed big time today, but all everyone can do is talk about the damned refs? Let's talk about the fact that after the first quarter, the Texans looked like they had no idea what they were doing on either side of the ball. Let's talk about how the "much improved" o-line looked just like 2 years ago. Let's ask the question if the Texans got a dose of reality yesterday and we are really that bad?

All the ref talk is bs. We had a few bad calls go against us, so what. It happens, the team couldn't get in the end zone last week either and that was without bad ref calls.
Old 10-15-2007   #47
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I can say, being in ALLTELL stadium, we got our asses kicked. And badly.

I didn't see many officiating errors, in fact I can't even remember one. Of course, I am AT the game...I don't see many replays.

The Jags kicked our ass. That's all their is to it.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #48
the village idiot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
The dude is probably the village ***** over at the jags board, just ignore him.
I don't mind being called out but I'd at least like to get called out for what I post. Was this just a matter of you deciding "this screen name will fit my tirade" and then POOF it's on the board? I didn't even post on the Jags board prior to the game. Good call Kreskin.
the village idiot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read