Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2007   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bullpen PSLs on EBAY

Saw these on Ebay. I wish I had the dispensable jack to pony up, but unfortunately don't, at the moment.
Maybe some Texans fan will snap them up before a broker puts the enemy in those seats every game...

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Houston-Texans...QQcmdZViewItem
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bullpen PSLs on EBAY

For $6500??? He's on crack!
Old 10-14-2007   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Never priced PSLs...
It is for three seats. Is that bad?
Old 10-14-2007   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I'd pay that if I had it.
Old 10-14-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Bullpen PSLs on EBAY

I said before, I think those are the PSL's (the ones for sale) I bought FIRST. Supposedly sold them to a Texans fan, mrph. Schmuck. At least I am in 116 now
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #6
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I said before, I think those are the PSL's (the ones for sale) I bought FIRST. Supposedly sold them to a Texans fan, mrph. Schmuck. At least I am in 116 now
::: sigh ::: I feel your pain thats what I was told when I sold my PSLs in section 121 last year to move to the bullpen.
Old 10-14-2007   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
What do you think about his price?
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2007   #8
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
normal price was 600 a peice per psl, so figure 3 seats. 3 x 600 = 1800.

Odds are though probably won't find them for that low. Take your time. Search Ebay, Craigslist.org and different message boards. You might actually luck out and find some.
Old 10-14-2007   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a PSL and what does it give you?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #10
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't be too hard on people who sell PSLs on ebay.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be in the Bullpen. Had to get them from SOMEBODY...

Although $6000+ is kinda steep. I paid about $5000 for two sets of two.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
normal price was 600 a peice per psl, so figure 3 seats. 3 x 600 = 1800.

Odds are though probably won't find them for that low. Take your time. Search Ebay, Craigslist.org and different message boards. You might actually luck out and find some.
A PSL is kinda like a timeshare. It's real property that you own the rights to for a certain time... in this case, football season.

You only pay for it one time. But then you have to buy the season tickets every year, or you lose the rights to buy the season tickets for those seats, and the Texans can sell the PSL again.

In this case, being that football season has already started, if he's asking $800 per PSL(3 x $800=$2400) + $60(a ticket)*5(home games left)*3(number of PSLs he's selling)= $2400+ $900= $3,300

So in my opinion, $3,300 would be a fair price to pay, if you don't mind paying a $200 premium for the PSLs(face value is closer to $600)

If you don't mind paying a premium for the season tickets, add another couple hundred or so. $3,500

If you want tickets to the Titans game, and the Saints game, you'll have to pay a premium anyway... I believe they're sold out. But next year, you'll get your season tickets, from the Texans at face value.

Were the dude is coming from with $6500 to sit in the endzone is beyond me.
Old 10-14-2007   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
A PSL is kinda like a timeshare. It's real property that you own the rights to for a certain time... in this case, football season.

You only pay for it one time. But then you have to buy the season tickets every year, or you lose the rights to buy the season tickets for those seats, and the Texans can sell the PSL again.

In this case, being that football season has already started, if he's asking $800 per PSL(3 x $800=$2400) + $60(a ticket)*5(home games left)*3(number of PSLs he's selling)= $2400+ $900= $3,300

So in my opinion, $3,300 would be a fair price to pay, if you don't mind paying a $200 premium for the PSLs(face value is closer to $600)

If you don't mind paying a premium for the season tickets, add another couple hundred or so. $3,500

If you want tickets to the Titans game, and the Saints game, you'll have to pay a premium anyway... I believe they're sold out. But next year, you'll get your season tickets, from the Texans at face value.

It's 6500 just for the PSLs. No tickets.
Old 10-14-2007   #13
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Last year I used it to buy tickets to the North south game and Texas bowl. You get first options on those games as well. I also was able to use it to get all my rodeo tickets before the general public. I was one of the few that had 8 george strait tickets 3 weeks before the general public was even able to attempt getting them. It really does have its advantages.
Old 10-14-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Let's just say that's about 3 times what I sold them for. Not sure how many 3 packs of 117 seats are out there, maybe it is a coincidence.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-14-2007   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Last year I used it to buy tickets to the North south game and Texas bowl. You get first options on those games as well. I also was able to use it to get all my rodeo tickets before the general public. I was one of the few that had 8 george strait tickets 3 weeks before the general public was even able to attempt getting them. It really does have its advantages.
This will be my second year sitting in my Texans PSL at the Texas Bowl

These prices are to be expected. When I bought my 116 H (two seats) I think I had to pay $2400 (PSL's ONLY). That was after a 2-14 season.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-14-2007   #16
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
I also was able to use it to get all my rodeo tickets before the general public. I was one of the few that had 8 george strait tickets 3 weeks before the general public was even able to attempt getting them. It really does have its advantages.
How do you use them to get rodeo tickets? I never got any info on that.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2007   #17
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wait...how did you do that? I was told in explicit terms that doing EXACTLY THAT wasn't possible.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007   #18
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANSTAILGATER View Post
How do you use them to get rodeo tickets? I never got any info on that.

Thanks

I called up there and talked to one of the ticket folk and told them I was a PSL holder and had not gotten my tickets yet. They asked me how many I wanted and the rest is history, I got tickets to 7 different shows. If I knew that that chick band thingy was going to be so big I'd of bought some of those and made some money on Ebay.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read