Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

View Poll Results: Do you play fantasy football?
Yes 31 88.57%
No 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do you play fantasy football?

Do you play fantasy football?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #2
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you play fantasy football?

I have four teams. 3 at NFL.com and 1 at EA sports that I joined off this board.

1 of my NFL.com teams is 5-0. My other two are circling the drain waiting on AJ to suit up again.

My team with EA sports is 3-2 with Larry Johnson not showing up yet.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #3
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
My team with EA sports is 3-2 with Larry Johnson not showing up yet.
Trade LJ he won't show up this year.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #4
Pearl Trade
GO TEXANS

i play in a Yahoo league and my team is 5 out of 12 since Andre has been out for me
Pearl Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I do play. I have five teams. Three at NFL.Com and two at CBS Sportsline.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I have two teams at cbssportsline.com, and they are both are paid league with a cash prize.

I really need AJ to get healthy as well. I have him on both teams, I picked up Davis on both teams as well to fill in for AJ, he has helped me out. I also have OD on both my teams, and Schaub on one of them.
Old 10-13-2007   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to....

Then, I started finding myself rooting for an opposing running back to score, b ut for my team to win. I got tired of watching for player updates, rather than just enjoying the games.
Old 10-13-2007   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I just picked up Steven Jackson in a trade (I gave up Greg Jennings). My other 2 running backs are Shaun Alexander and Ronnie Brown, so its not like I'm hurting for him to start. I round-robin my WRs and had just picked up Jennings anyway
Old 10-13-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I only play in one league with some friends of mine.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I only play in one league with some friends of mine.
Yea same here.

I dont see the fun in having 3 or 4 or more different teams.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I do, but I don't take it all that seriously. I don't understand how anyone could spend more than 15-20 minutes a day playing fantasy football. If you do, I would probably call you a loser.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I do, but I don't take it all that seriously. I don't understand how anyone could spend more than 15-20 minutes a day playing fantasy football. If you do, I would probably call you a loser.
I guess I am a loser. I usually check back and see how I am doing in all my teams the whole day Sunday (when I am home and when games are being played).
Old 10-13-2007   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I guess I am a loser. I usually check back and see how I am doing in all my teams the whole day Sunday (when I am home and when games are being played).
Well I think there's a difference on checking how your teams are doing on Sunday, and actually just adjusting your roster and such during the week for hours at a time. I don't see how anyone could spend any significant amount of time playing FF when it's not a Sunday

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have two teams and its my first year, it definately adds a layer of enjoyment to the games.

I'm 5-0 at nfl.com on the back of Brady, R. Moss and Witten.

At ESPN I'm 1-4 despite having what I thought was going to be a great team with Addai, Gore, Brees, Fitzgerald and Santana Moss.....
Old 10-13-2007   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been playing for 17 yrs. I play on a league with friends, no online stuff for me. Right now I'm 4-1, but all my WRs are on the injured list. I picked up Andre Davis, need someone else, but don't have any one I want to trade. I'm gonna wait and see what happens to AJ, just not ready to part with him. I also have A Boldin and M. Harrison. Maybe all will come back healthy in a week or so.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I used to....

Then, I started finding myself rooting for an opposing running back to score, b ut for my team to win. I got tired of watching for player updates, rather than just enjoying the games.
I play but I'm not rooting for anyone as much as I just have an interest in the league as a whole. I just like projecting how the kind of game the skill guys will have vs various defenses and matchups and check out the results. I enjoy how it helps me stay in touch with the talent around the league...forces me to check up on teams other than ours and it helps me stay educated about the league.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Same. It has helped me learn about a lot of other teams. I probably wouldn't have given a rats ass about Sammy Morris, but he gave me 10 points last week as a last second fill in.
Old 10-13-2007   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Heck yeah!

3 leagues ... I typically win at least one a season!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #19
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79515 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Well I think there's a difference on checking how your teams are doing on Sunday, and actually just adjusting your roster and such during the week for hours at a time. I don't see how anyone could spend any significant amount of time playing FF when it's not a Sunday
I admit, I check for injuries daily to see if there's a backup I should snatch up. Its OK though, you wouldn't be the first person to call me a loser.
Old 10-13-2007   #20
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
I admit, I check for injuries daily to see if there's a backup I should snatch up. Its OK though, you wouldn't be the first person to call me a loser.
MB boards are way better about finding sleeper picks .... just have to be a troll though ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read