Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2007   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My review of the game

My problem with the D+ for Schaub's performance is the assumption that an average QB having an average game performs better than he did.

Sure, Schaub underthrew some, overthrew some, threw behind some guys and threw too far in front of some others, but average QB's do even worse. This was a bad day for Schaub but it was still better than most of the guys out there do on an average day. The "average" QB having an average day doesn't make most of those throws.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #22
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think his prefomence has to be around a B. Not great by any means, but when you drive from your 3 yrd line with 1;46, with guys like Kevin Walter and DAVID FREAKIN ANDERSON, youre doing somthing right. Im not hating, but they should never be go to guys on a 2 minute drive. Just one mans opinion.
Old 10-09-2007   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
My problem with the D+ for Schaub's performance is the assumption that an average QB having an average game performs better than he did.
Exactly--when you are complaining about the placement of completions you are already in luxury. Good NFL QB's complete 60%+ (Schaub is at a very high 70%+) Of the other 40%, under 50% will be passes defensed and dropped balls combined with the remainder predominately poor throws and balls tossed away.
Old 10-09-2007   #24
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

And spikes.

Who thought Walter had a really good game besides me?
Old 10-09-2007   #25
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
And spikes.

Who thought Walter had a really good game besides me?
He had a damn good game, just like all our recievers. That to me is the big bright spot. When we needed plays, a motley crew of "who dats" stepped up and did something they shouldnt do. So much for not "surrounding" Schaub with talent eh? It seems if your good enough, you make everyone better...
Old 10-10-2007   #26
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

As big of a numbers guy as I am, the completion% doesn't tell the whole story. I guess I don't have a problem with a C really, I think I'm just weighing it differently. Until the last minute of the game I thought he had played below average at the very least. The basic difference between my view and those of most is that I don't weight in his last minute as way as you. I'm ok with that... surely with Dayne and co and our secondary we can all agree on something

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I didn't get word that he was hurt. Link? During the broadcast they didn't mention it one time.

Mike
Kubiak mentioned about it, but he also said something to this extend: "MS would tell you that he did not play well."

I'm grading him a B- because we won the game.
If we had lost, I would have given a D+ score, maybe even a D.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #28
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Kubiak mentioned about it, but he also said something to this extend: "MS would tell you that he did not play well."

I'm grading him a B- because we won the game.
If we had lost, I would have given a D+ score, maybe even a D.
Those are the kind of things that I don't get being out of state I guess lol. Here its all 9ers and Raiders all the time. I MIGHT get a cowboys/cheifs/broncos update but that's about it. And if Mat is saying he played a poor game......

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read