Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2007   #101
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: YouTube - TJ and Green

[quote=rmartin65;756572][quote=powerfuldragon;756134]personally, i'd yell at a guy who'd just nearly killed me.

Quote:

It was a legal block. I hope that both players are okay, but I still think that taunting an injured player while he lays motionless on the ground after a legal hit is wrong.
Well I've never been in a postion to be an NFL player. But how is this: A guy comes into your home burgler, car jacker ... what ever...takes out a five pound sledge hammer and caps one of your knees. You can no longer do what ever it is you have been trained to do to earn a living.
You have to give up your advocation, the only thing you know how to do. The nice means you had to provide for your family is now lost to you forever. Now, the next time you or one of your family gets bad hurt by some wacko, come back and tell me again you don't understand.

He wasn't taunting him. He was confronting him over a cheap shot. If the offcial mised the whole incident how can you be surprised. I mean Jerry Austin missed the Atlanta right gaurd pulling Okoye down , tackling him on a hold, right befor his eyes in the Atlanta game. And TJ didn't linger over the corps as being made out like Alberts and Risen. I mean the guy is by polar for christ sakes . I think he did prety good all things considered.
Old 10-10-2007   #102
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

wait.... hold up a second. wasn't it the cowardly lion who craved bravery? scarecrow just wanted a brain right?

well... trent green was brained by tj's knee.
Old 10-10-2007   #103
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=threetoedpete;756984][quote=rmartin65;756572]
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
personally, i'd yell at a guy who'd just nearly killed me.

Well I've never been in a postion to be an NFL player. But how is this: A guy comes into your home burgler, car jacker ... what ever...takes out a five pound sledge hammer and caps one of your knees. You can no longer do what ever it is you have been trained to do to earn a living.
You have to give up your advocation, the only thing you know how to do. The nice means you had to provide for your family is now lost to you forever. Now, the next time you or one of your family gets bad hurt by some wacko, come back and tell me again you don't understand.

He wasn't taunting him. He was confronting him over a cheap shot.
That scenario is completely off base. The players are out there, and there is always a possibility for injury. Someone previously stated this and I agree, that is why they get paid the big bucks.

But when I watch the replay over and over again, I now think that he was not really taunting Green. I still think that it was wrong to yell at a guy that is not moving, however.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #104
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
wait.... hold up a second. wasn't it the cowardly lion who craved bravery? scarecrow just wanted a brain right?

well... trent green was brained by tj's knee.
funnily the scarecrow (trent green) does need a brain now too as well as courage
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #105
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Our latest cover story http://www.texanstalk.com/content/view/40/7/

Thanks Chris!
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #106
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HBO Inside the NFL on TJ/Green

First story of the show..

Lively debate..... sounds like they have been reading this message board. Many of the same opinions and roughly the same divisions.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read