Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-08-2007   #81
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
but is he not allowed to be a texans fan because he roots for another team????
I didn't think he WAS a Texan's fan. And that's fine. He's a Dolphin fan that likes to hang around on our board.

From your posts, I don't think the Texans are your #1 team. And that's OK. If you're a Titan's fan and think that VY is God, that's fine. I've got no problem with that.

But if you're a Texan fan and the Texans are your #1 team, then I don't understand all this VY trolling. If you want VY to have a great game against us and show us what we're missing or if you're going to wear a VY jersey to the game, then I can't see how you can consider the Texans your #1 team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #82
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
But if you're a Texan fan and the Texans are your #1 team, then I don't understand all this VY trolling. If you want VY to have a great game against us and show us what we're missing or if you're going to wear a VY jersey to the game, then I can't see how you can consider the Texans your #1 team.
I've stated many times that Texans aren't my # 1 team (I prefer the Boys and Packers for those that don't know), which is exactly why it baffles me how I can catch so much hate when I openly admit that I'm not a "die hard" fan by anymeans.........I don't consider myself a Titans fan either, but I am a fan of VY......
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #83
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah i'm not a texans fan. i "root" for them in the sense that i'll root for a lot of teams that are up and coming and i like some of the players, but other than that...meh...don't really care if they win or lose, certainly not the way i do with the dolphins.

but anyway, i just don't see the point in having a massive man crush on another team's QB, and wearing his jersey, yet not supporting that team. in fact, supporting that team's (arguably) biggest rival. doesn't make a lot of sense.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #84
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah i'm not a texans fan. i "root" for them in the sense that i'll root for a lot of teams that are up and coming and i like some of the players, but other than that...meh...don't really care if they win or lose, certainly not the way i do with the dolphins.

but anyway, i just don't see the point in having a massive man crush on another team's QB, and wearing his jersey, yet not supporting that team. in fact, supporting that team's (arguably) biggest rival. doesn't make a lot of sense.
By the way kastofsna, historically who would most Dolphins' fans consider as Miami's biggest rival?

I would guess it would be someone from the AFC East, but I'm just not sure which team if any would be more of a rival than the others.
Old 10-08-2007   #85
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
By the way kastofsna, historically who would most Dolphins' fans consider as Miami's biggest rival?

I would guess it would be someone from the AFC East, but I'm just not sure which team if any would be more of a rival than the others.
New York Jets
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #86
McBull
Rookie

nice 1st post /sarcasm off

"I am sure all your cronies at Taco Bell thought that was funny, but their cumulative IQ barely exceeds your number of posts? take your 2nd Grade act elsewhere".
Second Honeymoon

Hey buddy! I scored a 36 on my Wunderlich. I have read alot of your stupid 300,000 posts. You need to get a life! You should return to your koolaide avatar. Much more fitting. Short, Fat and insane.

A second honeymoon is appropriate if you can't get it right the first time.

Last edited by McBull; 10-09-2007 at 03:56 PM.
McBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #87
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

This conversation really shouldn't even be taking place VY has is still only in he's second year and like all young players he has had plenty of mistake's but the he has had more up's than down's in he's short lived career as a starter. i know some of you hate him for some unexplained reason but hell some of you were the one's willing to give david Carr another 10 years to prove he was the man for the job and VY in only he's second year has proven he can rally a team behind him.

personally i like VY but i wouldnt trade him for schaub i wanted VY for the texans two draft's ag but only because i wanted anything other than David Carr.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #88
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
New York Jets
yeah, probably the Jets, although recently it's the Patriots. those games are great battles every year since the Patriots have started to win Super Bowls, mainly because the Dolphins have sucked, yet still get at least one game a year from them.
Old 10-08-2007   #89
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah, probably the Jets, although recently it's the Patriots. those games are great battles every year since the Patriots have started to win Super Bowls, mainly because the Dolphins have sucked, yet still get at least one game a year from them.
I still remember that one game in the orange jerseys where AJ Feeley and Wes Welker's returns led Miami to a win over the Patriots. That was an awesome night.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #90
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
This conversation really shouldn't even be taking place VY is still only in his second year and like all young players he has had plenty of mistakes but he has had more ups than downs in his short lived career as a starter.
Actually, one could make a very good argument that he has had more downs than ups, but it goes unnoticed because his team has won games in spite of his poor performances.

To date the Titans are 11-6 with Vince as a starter. In those 17 starts he has thrown for 14 TDs and 17 INTs while also rushing for 7 TD's and having 12 Fumbles.
Old 10-09-2007   #91
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

texans have no rivals...rivalry = 2 good teams battling each other over a span of time...Sox and Yanks are Rivals....Rockets and Spurs are rivals....Packers and Bears are rivals...the texans haven't been around long enough to have a real rivalry with anyone.......and like I said I'm not a titans fan, but I am a VY fan..........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #92
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Actually, one could make a very good argument that he has had more downs than ups, but it goes unnoticed because his team has won games in spite of his poor performances.

To date the Titans are 11-6 with Vince as a starter. In those 17 starts he has thrown for 14 TDs and 17 INTs while also rushing for 7 TD's and having 12 Fumbles.
again second year player will have mistakes i guess we only see what espn feeds us i know he will never be as succesfull as david carr.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #93
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

12 fumbles but how many of those were lost. Thats like saying the kid has had 30 off-target passes
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #94
cuongnet
Rookie

hot hot !!! very good
Old 10-10-2007   #95
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Its a ridiculous argument to be making when Manning and Brady are in their primes.

I'd also take these guys over him....

Palmer.

Possibly.....

Romo.
Rivers.
Roethlisberger.
Schaub.
Favre.

So basically he sits somewhere between 4th-9th in the league.

Last edited by kiwitexansfan; 10-10-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added QB's I would take over him.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #96
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
12 fumbles but how many of those were lost. Thats like saying the kid has had 30 off-target passes
Fumbles and off-target passes are both bad whether they result in a turnover or not. The potential for a turnover is still there.

I'll give you an analogy that I'm sure you won't like. If you run a red light once you might not get caught but if you continually run red lights eventually you are going to get caught.

It's the same thing with bad passes and fumbles. If you continually have them eventually you are going to have turnovers.
Old 10-11-2007   #97
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Vince Young has fumbled 14 times, with 3 lost.... or about 22% of the time.

Linky to stats:
Over Rated QB
Old 10-11-2007   #98
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
Not the best in the NFL the people at fox are idiots but vince is in the top 6 when it comes to just doing whatever it takes to get your team a win.
Which is throwing picks so your D can score...?
Old 11-05-2007   #99
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans are 6-2 because of their defense and special teams. If Dilfer and Grossman can get their teams to the Super Bowl, I guess the Titans do have a chance......

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #100
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

their defense is playing amazing.

the difference between Dilfer and Young is that Dilfer didn't have as many stupid turnovers as Young.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read