Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2007   #21
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade bait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
totally agree

totally disagree. not that davis hasn't been good for us, but he's certainly no andre johnson, doesn't have the physicality or the size of a good possession reciever like walter, and doesn't have the game-changing ability of a jacoby jones. i think aj and k-dub are untouchable. a lot of people don't respect walter's game but he does everything right when his number is called. his best shot is probably taking out jones, but i doubt kubiak/smith are going to let anything get in the way of jj becoming a star.

what a'davis IS, is a fast guy with good hands, and a great mentality. and he's still fairly young. maybe he stays and is quality depth, or maybe he moves on...but i don't think he's a part of the plan long-term wise.
All Davis has done is do things right. He was inactive for 2 games and then steps in and doesnt miss a beat. He has given us a little spark when we needed it the most and is the best weapon we have on offense not wearing #80. Walter will work as #3 and Jones can come in and give a little here and there while returning kicks, but Davis has overwelmingly wooed me into believing he is our #2 for this year at least. Hes also fairly young and could catch hold for s while.
Old 10-09-2007   #22
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
With the way Our players have been dropping like flies, I'd hold onto Davis and see how he does.

Bingo!

As fans of the Texans, we should all appreciate what quality depth can do for your team (recievers), and what happens when you donít have it (safetys, linemen, corners, RBs). We should NOT be trading away good skilled players at this time, as frankly, we just donít have that many.

Weíve got some holes to plug on this team, sure, but I think we could easily plug two of them next off season which is enough to put us in wild card contention. Then we plug a few more the next year and go for the gusto.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #23
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

This is kinda interesting; link:

Sources: Vikings expected to trade Moore

...Still, Minnesota has asked for a third-round pick for Moore, who was originally a fourth-round pick in 2004 and showed flashes of potential in his first two seasons. The Vikings are currently hoping the Bucs will give in to desperation or that a few other teams, such as the Denver Broncos, Houston Texans or Green Bay Packers, end up in the bidding for Moore....In Houston, Ahman Green missed the game Sunday against the Miami Dolphins with a bruised left knee and is out indefinitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

5th round pick for Moore? I'm not really feeling him though.

Here's his stat line, link

Career Stats more
Season Team Rushing Receiving Fumbles
G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Long TD FUM Lost
2007 2 0 10 71 7.1 17 0 6 48 8.0 20 0 -- --
2006 16 0 24 131 5.5 15 0 46 468 10.2 50 1 3 1
2005 16 8 155 662 4.3 33 1 37 339 9.2 29 2 2 1
2004 10 3 65 379 5.8 33 0 27 238 8.8 26 0 -- --
TOTAL 254 1,243 4.9 33 1 116 1,093 9.4 50 3 5 2

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 10-09-2007   #25
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe trade a bust D-lineman for a safety that doesn't do anything?

Maybe we can get a special teamer for TJ
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #26
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Tatum Bell is on the block too, maybe we're interested in him...
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #27
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tatum Bell or Ciatrick fason would be an upgrade @ R.B.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #28
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Bell suck in Denver's system? If you can't run in the NFL with your entire line taking cheap shots at opposing players knees every play, you can't run in the NFL
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #29
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Didn't Bell suck in Denver's system? If you can't run in the NFL with your entire line taking cheap shots at opposing players knees every play, you can't run in the NFL
I thought the knock on Tatum Bell up in Denver was that he fumbled a lot.

Maybe I'm remembering that wrong, but I could swear that was the rub on him.
Old 10-10-2007   #30
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont know, at least Dayne will not fumble. But if we got 4 yrds a carry and a little playmaking from the possition, it would almost be worth a fumble here and there. We just get 0 from it. Its hard to win with nothing from a pretty important position.
Old 10-10-2007   #31
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict View Post
Not that I don't like Walter, but what has he offered in games thus far this year that Davis does not? Walter runs good routes and gets open...so far all I've seen is Davis running good routes and getting open. Walter goes over the middle...Davis has made big plays over the middle in traffic the last few games. Walter is good for a first down...when Davis makes a catch of over 30 yds it is more than likely also going to be a first down. Walter blocks fairly well in the run game...I have not witnessed this part of Davis' game myself. Walter is quick, but not fast...Davis still has some speed.

So from what I've noticed, Davis can do much of what Walter can, except perhaps the blocking aspect. And if Dayne is the one running the ball, there is no need to worry about picking up the block outside because he will never get there. There is really no reason to say that Davis could not start opposite Johnson when he comes back. Walter would do well to work out of the slot in three receiver sets, where he would have the best mismatches.

ah blocking. I don't know why you guys dislike Walter so much. Amazing. Cried for four yeras to get some decent depth behind J.A. and as soon as we get it, you guys wanna trade it away. And for what ? So we can start the process all over again ? Just be glad that we have what we have.

I doubt this is going to happen. When the coach evolkes Easy Ed McCafferty's name when comparing a guy (Walter) to what he thinks he brings and will bing to the team....that there thingy, your trade preposal, is DOA.

And I tell you something else they're not going to draft another one next off season either.

I am amazed at your logic. We have a crapy running back therefor give up on the expolsive run ? Remind me again who had the longest rush vs Carolina ?
Old 10-10-2007   #32
PapaL
Loose Screw

Bell is a major fumble machine. So much so that one renamed their fumble drill the Bell Drill. (It was a team they played recently - overheard it on the telecast)

Quote:
Old 10-10-2007   #33
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
ah blocking. I don't know why you guys dislike Walter so much. Amazing. Cried for four yeras to get some decent depth behind J.A. and as soon as we get it, you guys wanna trade it away. And for what ? So we can start the process all over again ? Just be glad that we have what we have.

I doubt this is going to happen. When the coach evolkes Easy Ed McCafferty's name when comparing a guy (Walter) to what he thinks he brings and will bing to the team....that there thingy, your trade preposal, is DOA.

And I tell you something else they're not going to draft another one next off season either.

I am amazed at your logic. We have a crapy running back therefor give up on the expolsive run ? Remind me again who had the longest rush vs Carolina ?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you actually would have read my post, you'd see that it wasn't proposing a trade of Walter at all. Or any trade for that matter. I actually said I do like Walter, but think he would be better suited for the slot. I was responding to a post that stated Davis couldn't or shouldn't start opposite AJ. My point is that Davis should be starting opposite Johnson once he returns, with a shot at Dayne thrown in for good measure, based on the fact that he can do everything Walter can do, but with the addition of speed. When you fly off the handle over something that was not even remotely stated, it makes it seem like you have no idea what you are talking about. Read it again.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Maybe trade a bust D-lineman for a safety that doesn't do anything?

Maybe we can get a special teamer for TJ
Travis Johnson is having a good year and has already put one QB out for the season. He has done more on accident in this regard than Mario or Okoye has on purpose and you want to trade him for a special team guy?
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read