Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #1
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Special Teams?

We managed to get the game live over the pond yesterday and one area in particular I had some concern with that jumps to mind are Special Teams, now we all know we have done well in the return game and Dexter Wynn did a decent job again yesterday filling in for Mathis and Jacoby.

However my concern was in Kickoff Coverage, there were numerous times where we missed tackles right left and center when the Dolphins were returning the ball. One particular one is the Tedd Ginn return that went to the fifty yard line, and there were others that I did notice through the course of the game.

Did anyone else notice this or is it just me being hyper critical? Special Teams are something that need to be near perfect if we are going to make a playoff push, as we found out by Kris's Field Goals, they win or lose tight games.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Special Teams?

I don't think you're being too critical, I said the same thing to my buddy at the game. We had horrible coverage on every kickoff. Seemed they consistently were starting at their 30yrd line or better.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Special Teams?

Kris was kicking it 2 to 3 yards deep in the endzone on most of the kick-offs and they still got across the 30 just about every time. This puts way too much pressure on the defense.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read