Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2007   #21
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dolphins Injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
I agree with it. He damn near cost the Texans the game. I initially saw Green lying there not moving, and knew right away that he was hurt bad. When I couldn't see him moving, I thought he might have been paralyzed. Then I see TJ walk up, stand over him, and angrily point at him while yelling. I knew it was going to be a taunting call before the flag was thrown. It was an easy call.
Short of getting the backup QB, which always kills us, how did he almost cost us the game in the 1st Q?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #22
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 34856 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Yep, Travis could have blown out a knee, shoulder or broke a wrist/hand on that block. That taunting was heat of the moment. It's not like travis laid him out with a block & then stood over him sneering
Thank you...
When you look at this pic I got...

You can tell that Travis was just a little upset about him trying to take him out. I am sorry when a QB goes down hitting a DL, but you are also a football player...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #23
jaybird
Veteran

another nice pic man!
Old 10-07-2007   #24
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
This is crazy. He mouthed off to a guy who took a cheap shot at him and he's the jerk? An open field block must be above the waist, no? He started to call him out on it when he realized Green wasn't getting up. At which time he promptly STFU and quickly jogged away. Nothing wrong with his actions. Now if he would have leaned over Green, spit on him and yelled "How's that concussion feel beotch?" Then I would have had an issue with his actions. That was not the case though.
Thats funny. I can see why TJ woulda been pissed. If the shoe was on the other foot and TJ woulda had a season ending injury then what would everyone have said. It was unfortunate that Green got hurt but at the same time it was a cheap shot. I don't know too many people that would of acted differently. I remember my senior year of High school I had snapped my leg and was out for 6 weeks. Someone came on a cheap low shot on my leg I had just healed up and damn near put me back out and I was pissed.
Old 10-07-2007   #25
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

illegal hit or not by Green, it's going to be a taunting call no matter what, so stop defending the actual taunting by Johnson, it was idiotic and deserved a penalty.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #26
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I agree the penalty was deserved, I don't think anyones arguing that, but alot of us feel like it should have been offset.

Really, the only things about this situation I'm upset about are.

1.) The negation of a good defensive play (Why couldn't he just accept that Dunta wanted to knock him out of bounds)

2.) The injury to Green, and the potential injury to TJ

3.) Not getting an offsetting penalty. blocks to the knees should always be a penalty in any situation.

4.) The "God don't like ugly" comment, he could have chose his words better.

5.) The article that says TJ's knee hunted Greens head down like a missile. (which kind of makes me think of the Dane Cook tire to the face joke)
Old 10-07-2007   #27
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
illegal hit or not by Green, it's going to be a taunting call no matter what, so stop defending the actual taunting by Johnson, it was idiotic and deserved a penalty.
No question the taunting was stupid. He should have saved that anger and used it on the next play.

Speaking of stupid, it was really, really, really stupid for Green to lead with his head at a guy's feet/legs who is running at top speed... did I mention that said guy was 300+ lbs. That was really stupid.

They were both lucky. Green could have gotten his damned neck snapped. And Travis could have suffered a career ending knee injury or got his neck broken too (take another look at that photo, Travis damn near landed on his head)

Stupid.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #28
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

not really, it's a common play that QB's do. that they're TOLD to do. go low. because you don't win a matchup man-to-man with the 300 pound DT.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #29
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Yep, Travis could have blown out a knee, shoulder or broke a wrist/hand on that block. That taunting was heat of the moment. It's not like travis laid him out with a block & then stood over him sneering
Or his neck. Watch the replay, TJ landed on his head. He could have been the third broken neck in the NFL this year. Im not saying Green "got what he deserved" but he did go low when its not allowed and he could have broke TJ's neck. Hard to pout about him being hurt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read