Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-07-2007   #21
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
They almost melted down today like a typical Bud Adams ran franchise.

With the Falcons marching in to take control of the game Harrington throws it behind his receiver and it basically falls into the hands of Fuller who ran it back for a TD. Then they needed to punt the ball away with 2 minutes left and the kicker gets "sacked". Then the Falcons get a 1st and goal right away and can't cash in. They should have lost the game today, the Falcons gave this one away.

3-1 is all that matters, thats true.

I have my obvious bias but it sound like you watched the game. Are you really not going to give credit to the Defense and say the Falcons folded? They gave up 6 points and regularly were backed into a corner. THey played absolutely outstanding.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #22
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

A guy at the game today had an old #8 Carr jersey with the Carr taped over and YOUNG written in. I think it is funny to have Schaub written in, but why would you write in Young. He doesn't play here, he didn't get drafted by us, so get over it. I have nothing against him and wish him well professionally, but not against us. Is this guy planning on wearing that to the Titans game??
Old 10-07-2007   #23
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Over VY, I'd take....

Manning
Brady
Palmer
Brees
Schaub
Jason Campbell
Romo
Scratch Brees, put in Hasselbeck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #24
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I have my obvious bias but it sound like you watched the game. Are you really not going to give credit to the Defense and say the Falcons folded? They gave up 6 points and regularly were backed into a corner. THey played absolutely outstanding.
I switched back and forth during commercials. I have to watch the rivals and root for their opponent. I'll give credit to the defense but not the Special Teams,(in Bill Waltons voice) they were horrible.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #25
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Brees???....the way he is playing right now I'd say a big hell no to that one...I like Matt, but I still wouldn't put him over Vince (I think VY has had the better season thus far) and Hasselback, Palmer, and Cambell aren't all neccessarily a notch above him either.............the main point is that out of all the guys I just listed you can make a argument that Vince is indeed better than all of them.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Scratch Brees, put in Hasselbeck.
Heck, McNabb (when healthy), Kitna, Garcia, Pennington...
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #27
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
That isn't a very good game, if you think that is then you are setting the bar very low.
oh how foolish to look at only numbers...
Old 10-07-2007   #28
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
the main point is that out of all the guys I just listed you can make a argument that Vince is indeed better than all of them.
You could maybe, but I couldn't.
Old 10-07-2007   #29
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brees???....the way he is playing right now I'd say a big hell no to that one...I like Matt, but I still wouldn't put him over Vince (I think VY has had the better season thus far) and Hasselback, Palmer, and Cambell aren't all neccessarily a notch above him either.............the main point is that out of all the guys I just listed you can make a argument that Vince is indeed better than all of them.
No way, I would rather have Matt Schaub........

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 10-07-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #30
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I qouted statistics but that doesn't mean I only look at numbers.

Oh how foolish it is to jump to conclusions.
Old 10-07-2007   #31
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
I switched back and forth during commercials. I have to watch the rivals and root for their opponent. I'll give credit to the defense but not the Special Teams,(in Bill Waltons voice) they were horrible.

Got ya... horrible doesn't begin to describe our Special Teams/Offense today. Special Teams is still a strong point of our team, don't have a problem with them. They gave up two good returns, whiffed on a punt and lost a punt (bad decision by a rook). Two of those were the first of the year for them.

Good win today for you guys, btw.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #32
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No way........

Nevermind, are you talking about Hasselback or Schaub?

Matty didn't play particularly well today either and he didn't look good last week against ATL....I've seen more from Vince (over 16 starts) than Matt (5 starts)...that's why I say VY > Schaub

Quote:
I qouted statistics but that doesn't mean I only look at numbers.
Well if that's the case then you would realize that he had more than just an alright game....
Old 10-07-2007   #33
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matty didn't play particularly well today either and he didn't look good last week against ATL....I've seen more from Vince (over 16 starts) than Matt (5 starts)...that's why I say VY > Schaub
I don't understand the people who have been saying that Schaub hasn't looked good the past 2 weeks.

Has he been perfect? No. Has he made some bad throws? Yeah. Has he had bad days the past 2 weeks? No freaking way. He's made a lot of good throws and moved the football. He hasn't made a lot of mistakes. He's looked really, really good.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #34
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 81989 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No doubt, but its also foolish to ignore them completely. There's just no way a QB can have more turnovers than touchdowns and be doing a good job. I like Vince, but so far this year he has played average to poor. IF the Titans weren't winning, fans would be calling for his head on a stick right now.
Old 10-07-2007   #35
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What is VY's best ability? To lead his team despite the score. Did anyone see the Colts game? Do you think any QB can do what Schaub did? He may not be as dangerous as VY, but he's nowhere near as wreckless and he's by far a better passer.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #36
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No doubt, but its also foolish to ignore them completely. There's just no way a QB can have more turnovers than touchdowns and be doing a good job. I like Vince, but so far this year he has played average to poor. IF the Titans weren't winning, fans would be calling for his head on a stick right now.
today's INT numbers really messed up his stats.....VY is not going to be a 300 + QB...but he will be the guy who will give you a solid game (200 yds passing, 50 running, 1 or 2 passing TDs, 1 running), always give you a chance to win and come up big at the last minute......
Old 10-07-2007   #37
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I agree, The Titan defense doesn't nearly get the credit it deserves. To be quite Honest, the NFL is lucky that Pacman isn't playing because he was stud on the field and a playmaker, yet their defense still seems to be ticking without him.

With that said...VY is going to have a good test against Tampa next week. They are going to be motivated like hell to get a win after losing to Indy like they did, Gruden is a good coach also I think Tampa wins this game and thats off no biases or homerism or hate for the Titans.

That's just off Football, I think Tampa's defense exploits VY. Who knows though, as I said...VY WINS THE GAMES!

Schaub is about as clutch as VY though IMO.

Last edited by Leahmic223; 10-07-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #38
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 81989 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
today's INT numbers really messed up his stats.....VY is not going to be a 300 + QB...but he will be the guy who will give you a solid game (200 yds passing, 50 running, 1 or 2 passing TDs, 1 running), always give you a chance to win and come up big at the last minute......
Take out the word "always" and I agree. Sometimes (like today) he wins in spite of himself. At the same time, if you need a score to win at the end, there's NOBODY I'd rather have at QB.
Old 10-07-2007   #39
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young isn't even the best QB playing in Tennessee... You Vols fans know what I'm talking about.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #40
TD
TT Huckaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Vince Young isn't even the best QB playing in Tennessee... You Vols fans know what I'm talking about.
Unfortunately, so do us Bulldog fans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read