Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007   #141
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: front row bull pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
That's a two-way street if I ever saw one...
Yeah, and it takes two to tango.

It all depends on how people wanna dance...
Old 10-05-2007   #142
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to bang on VY. I don't want to junk the Carr.

This thread isn't about players and there are plenty of threads that I don't read (on purpose) about these very same arguments. This was never about them,

Maybe a mod can help clean this mess up.
Old 10-05-2007   #143
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: front row bull pen

People don't realize the Bullpen is our home. People who tailgate with us:

A - Joe_Texan, Papa Troll
B - DerekLee, Owen
C - Ted + Family, Gma, Texans84 + Lauran, Longhornbabe + Keith
D - Me and my crew, TexanLee, Texan Red

That's within maybe a 10 seat span? So yah, we get annoyed with brokered seats interrupting our tailgating family.

(sorry to the people I forgot, about to fall asleep)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-05-2007   #144
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post

This thread isn't about players and there are plenty of threads that I don't read (on purpose) about these very same arguments. This was never about them,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
People don't realize the Bullpen is our home. People who tailgate with us:

A - Joe_Texan, Papa Troll
B - DerekLee, Owen
C - Ted + Family, Gma, Texans84 + Lauran, Longhornbabe + Keith
D - Me and my crew, TexanLee, Texan Red

That's within maybe a 10 seat span? So yah, we get annoyed with brokered seats interrupting our tailgating family.

(sorry to the people I forgot, about to fall asleep)

I am behind yall 10000%
Old 10-05-2007   #145
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

well Just sold my extra seats in 114 to a military guy back from Iraq. I felt good doing it even though he is a MIAMI DOLPHINS FAN. I'm glad these seats are not in the bullpen near you people. I would hate for you to treat a protector of freedom badly. I tried giving him the tickets once I found out the deal but he would have none of it. Enjoy the game.
Old 10-05-2007   #146
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
well Just sold my extra seats in 114 to a military guy back from Iraq. I felt good doing it even though he is a MIAMI DOLPHINS FAN. I'm glad these seats are not in the bullpen near you people. I would hate for you to treat a protector of freedom badly. I tried giving him the tickets once I found out the deal but he would have none of it. Enjoy the game.
You think you understand but you are completely clueless....again.

Everyone that has posted here parties and tailgates with opposing fans. We go to thier stadium as thier guest and they come to ours as our guest. We had Spike of Raiders fame, Birdman-ultimate Eagles fan, Tony the Mobile Dawg (stayed in his house in Cleveland) and Charlie Fry, Jets fans, Patriot fans, Raiders fans......just about every team fan there are. Some of my favorite people are Titan fans.

I am bringing (2) Saints fans to the Bull Pen (free, by the way).

The only problem we have is the corperations (ticket brokers) owning seats in the Bull Pen and selling them at an outrageous price. Many of the fans are not told of our traditions (standing, jerseys, sceaming every time the defense is on the feild) and they can't handle it. They will ask us to sit down and try to get the security to make us. Security tells them they should have known better when they paid 4 times the face of the tickets.
They become offended and are sorry they came. Some become angry (expected).

We don't want opposing fans to have these issues and we don't want ANY fan blocking the aisles of any section that they don't have tickets for.

I am very sure your peabrained head cannot wrap around this concept and you will have some remarks about untruths and "American way" jibberish as if it pertains to anything said here by anyone but you.

You were wrong before and you will be wrong again. We have plenty of pictures, posts, and memories to back everything I have stated.
Old 10-05-2007   #147
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, I'm buying it... way to support our freedom, ubecool...
That's waaaaaaaaaay more believable than the post that SheTexan made about the confrontation with the Titans fans on the rail in the Bullpen... NOT <<<< I had to add the NOT in case you didn't catch the sarcasm...

How convenient that you just happened to sell your tickets to a war hero at the perfect time to support your opinion of the ticket issue... do you really think the people here are that stupid? You're making an ass out of yourself.
Old 10-05-2007   #148
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Point taken... sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 10-06-2007   #149
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Good lord people...the reading on most of your blood pressure cuffs would cause most Heart surgeons to smile from ear to ear. Chill! Hollywood Texan has the right mentality, let it go like water off a duck's back...

Putting my oar in the water...like this soup needs more stirring....

Sitting down near the field has its advantages, sitting up higher has its advantages too. I am not at all amazed at all the hostile posts on the subject of the BullPen here...because most of you sit there and think it is 'the primo spot'. To you, yes....to many others....not so much. Ticket brokers are ALL over Reliant, section 524 is almost all scalper seating, but Doc makes sure that they know they are in the TEXANS house regardless. Hey, they have the right to see the game, its our responsibility to make sure we are heard and they aren't. Its a pretty simple theory really...

I used to think that the BullPen was sacred ground. Changed my mind, Reliant is all sacred ground and while we like to have the opposition come to our house and have a great time...they need to be reminded that it IS our house. The WHOLE house.

PS: Why was I not on the favorite posters list? Lack of posting, out of mind?? Don't make me get started back on ORANGE LOT RULES, FILO RULES posts again.
Old 10-06-2007   #150
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Breaking it down to its "base components", I think this has to do with appearances and perception. When you see games in Cleveland and Oakland, just how many fans sporting the opposing team's colors do you see in the "Dawg Pound" and "Black Hole" respectively?

Is it somehow WRONG to want at least some of the same reputation garnered for the Bull Pen? I certainly hope not, because that's EXACTLY what the Texans brass touted the section to be for in the first place!

The most fun I ever had in the "old days" of the Oilers, was sitting in a 'cheap seat' bleacher section behind the endzone w/ my father. I wanted a PSL location that would fairly replicate that experience. AFTER I signed up for endzone seating, the Texans "created" the Bull Pen and offered it up as an "option" for me. It certainly sounded like where I personally wanted to be.

While I'd love the whole house to be "rockin", I understand that there will always be the brokered seats and the "shaken, not stirred" crowd to keep that reality from ever really happening.

What I failed to anticipate (and I think the point of this WHOLE THREAD), is that this would happen to the Texans own "rowdy-by-design" section, intended for the Die-Hards, crazies, etc. I've always told people that if the game ever got boring, I suspected the "Section" wouldn't.

Last edited by disaacks3; 10-06-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-06-2007   #151
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

I've seen better people (don't y'all miss our buddy, Chato?) banned for less.
Old 10-06-2007   #152
FrontRowFan
noob

Exclamation Re: front row bull pen

I would like to set the record straight in regard to the numerous postings that refer to our recent sale of our front row bullpen seats (Sec 116 A). First and Foremost, WE ARE NOT A TICKET BROKER, SUITE OWNER OR AFFILIATED WITH THE TEAM. We are honest, hard working, Texans fans like everyone else in this forum. As the parents of two small children (that you have seen at the game on occassions) we cannot make every game --- nor stay untill the end. Sometimes we show up late -- and we always leave early. Sometimes we give our tickets away to my husbands clients. Lately, we havent been able to make the games -- due to travel and other commitments. So we sold them on StubHub (the official partner of the Texans for ticket sales). The prices we sold them for were market-based prices. We cannot CONTROL who purchases our tickets --- nor do we desire to do so. This is a free country and I have no desire to expend any additional energy attempting to scrutinize ticket purchasers that are willing, able and interested in attending a Texans game. If a current bull pen PSL owner --- or anyone else wants to purchase the tickets for a specific game, we will be more than happy to sell them to you -- at the going market rate. Joe Texan, and everyone else near our seats know us and our children. It is disrespectful to degrade a Texans fan for selling tickets that we have every right to sell. I will say that it would be nice to show up to at least one game and not have to ask someone to move out of my seats so that I can sit in them. Just because we may show up late does not give my fellow fans the right to occupy my seats in my absence. This is a great forum as we are all rooting for the same team. I dont have to paint my face blue or show up in extensive Texans garb to root for my team. We work hard for the money we pay to support our team. What we choose to do with our tickets is no ones business but ours.

Signed,

A Front Row Texans Fan
Old 10-06-2007   #153
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontRowFan View Post
I would like to set the record straight in regard to the numerous postings that refer to our recent sale of our front row bullpen seats (Sec 116 A). First and Foremost, WE ARE NOT A TICKET BROKER, SUITE OWNER OR AFFILIATED WITH THE TEAM. We are honest, hard working, Texans fans like everyone else in this forum. As the parents of two small children (that you have seen at the game on occassions) we cannot make every game --- nor stay untill the end. Sometimes we show up late -- and we always leave early. Sometimes we give our tickets away to my husbands clients. Lately, we havent been able to make the games -- due to travel and other commitments. So we sold them on StubHub (the official partner of the Texans for ticket sales). The prices we sold them for were market-based prices. We cannot CONTROL who purchases our tickets --- nor do we desire to do so. This is a free country and I have no desire to expend any additional energy attempting to scrutinize ticket purchasers that are willing, able and interested in attending a Texans game. If a current bull pen PSL owner --- or anyone else wants to purchase the tickets for a specific game, we will be more than happy to sell them to you -- at the going market rate. Joe Texan, and everyone else near our seats know us and our children. It is disrespectful to degrade a Texans fan for selling tickets that we have every right to sell. I will say that it would be nice to show up to at least one game and not have to ask someone to move out of my seats so that I can sit in them. Just because we may show up late does not give my fellow fans the right to occupy my seats in my absence. This is a great forum as we are all rooting for the same team. I dont have to paint my face blue or show up in extensive Texans garb to root for my team. We work hard for the money we pay to support our team. What we choose to do with our tickets is no ones business but ours.

Signed,

A Front Row Texans Fan
Hey, ubecool464! Fancy seeing you here!

No comment on the post though. I've reserved all comments in this thread when it comes to this bullpen spat. I don't sit there.
Old 10-06-2007   #154
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You think you understand but you are completely clueless....again.

Everyone that has posted here parties and tailgates with opposing fans. We go to thier stadium as thier guest and they come to ours as our guest. We had Spike of Raiders fame, Birdman-ultimate Eagles fan, Tony the Mobile Dawg (stayed in his house in Cleveland) and Charlie Fry, Jets fans, Patriot fans, Raiders fans......just about every team fan there are. Some of my favorite people are Titan fans.

I am bringing (2) Saints fans to the Bull Pen (free, by the way).

The only problem we have is the corperations (ticket brokers) owning seats in the Bull Pen and selling them at an outrageous price. Many of the fans are not told of our traditions (standing, jerseys, sceaming every time the defense is on the feild) and they can't handle it. They will ask us to sit down and try to get the security to make us. Security tells them they should have known better when they paid 4 times the face of the tickets.
They become offended and are sorry they came. Some become angry (expected).

We don't want opposing fans to have these issues and we don't want ANY fan blocking the aisles of any section that they don't have tickets for.

I am very sure your peabrained head cannot wrap around this concept and you will have some remarks about untruths and "American way" jibberish as if it pertains to anything said here by anyone but you.

You were wrong before and you will be wrong again. We have plenty of pictures, posts, and memories to back everything I have stated.
Enough with the personal attacks. You say I don't have a clue? U don't have a clue. You continue to whine like a chile about the brokers. Those brokers are not doing anything to intentionally upset you and your whining crew. Do you think that the bull pen is the only sections that brokers buy in? You have a few in your sections as we do too. When you get a chance look on the texans website and go to tickets...go to buy and sell tickets...they send you to stubhub. So since you have a problem with who sits next to you..you should do one of three things..stay at home, watch the game in the parking lot with your tailgating crew, or go tell Mr Mcnair how he is allowing bad people to ruin your fun. Like I said from the start, mind your business and watch the game.
Old 10-06-2007   #155
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Hey, ubecool464! Fancy seeing you here!

No comment on the post though. I've reserved all comments in this thread when it comes to this bullpen spat. I don't sit there.
Very well said by the seats owners. This sounds to me like you have some clowns that want that front row for better chance to get their mugs on TV or the jumbotron.
Old 10-06-2007   #156
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Yeah, I'm buying it... way to support our freedom, ubecool...
That's waaaaaaaaaay more believable than the post that SheTexan made about the confrontation with the Titans fans on the rail in the Bullpen... NOT <<<< I had to add the NOT in case you didn't catch the sarcasm...

How convenient that you just happened to sell your tickets to a war hero at the perfect time to support your opinion of the ticket issue... do you really think the people here are that stupid? You're making an ass out of yourself.
You are a clown...what is a war hero?
Old 10-06-2007   #157
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Well in appears that the "BAD CORPORATE TICKET SCALPERS" have spoken.
Old 10-07-2007   #158
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well in appears that the "BAD CORPORATE TICKET SCALPERS" have spoken.
Ya know I can make a handle and post anything I want, and no one can prove other wise. I am not calling anyone a liar but it is easy for me to say I am something I am not.
Old 10-07-2007   #159
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Enough with the personal attacks. You say I don't have a clue? U don't have a clue. You continue to whine like a chile about the brokers. Those brokers are not doing anything to intentionally upset you and your whining crew. Do you think that the bull pen is the only sections that brokers buy in? You have a few in your sections as we do too. When you get a chance look on the texans website and go to tickets...go to buy and sell tickets...they send you to stubhub. So since you have a problem with who sits next to you..you should do one of three things..stay at home, watch the game in the parking lot with your tailgating crew, or go tell Mr Mcnair how he is allowing bad people to ruin your fun. Like I said from the start, mind your business and watch the game.
I hate all brokers who own PSLs and multiple season tickets. As far as telling McNair what I think of brokers I would do it in a second. I am not shy about letting my feelings known and I am also not shy about defending my friends and those I care about.
Old 10-07-2007   #160
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I hate all brokers who own PSLs and multiple season tickets. As far as telling McNair what I think of brokers I would do it in a second. I am not shy about letting my feelings known and I am also not shy about defending my friends and those I care about.
You sound jealous to me. DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read