Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2007   #1
fritz145
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 fritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Bryan Pittman talks Mario, 'roids and the Spice Girls

and he also gives his team MVPs and injury updates as well.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/...man_3.php#more

As always, thanks for reading and feel free to fire off your own questions and comments for Bryan as well.
fritz145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bryan Pittman talks Mario, 'roids and the Spice Girls

Wow, two things really freak me out:

Quote:
JCF: Speaking of Mario, do you think he’s the kind of guy who needs a fire lit beneath him every once in awhile to get him to perform? I mean, fair or unfair, that was his reputation in college and the same sort of trend seems to be manifesting itself early on in his professional career as well.

BP: I don’t think he does. I think it’s personally a challenge for him every week just being in the NFL. I don’t think he needs the critics to be his motivation or his inspiration, or anything like that.
Just being in the NFL is a challenge? Thats not what I want to hear about my #1 overall pick...

Quote:
JCF: Alright, let’s turn the spotlight back on the Texans now. I know it’s still early in the season, but is this week’s match-up with Miami a must-win game for you guys?

BP: Yeah, I believe it is. Especially for our confidence, if nothing else; for the fans and to show people that we have turned it around. But it’d be a huge blow to our confidence if we were to let another oh-fer team go in and beat us, especially in our own stadium.

JCF: So what’s your prediction?

BP: It’s gonna be a close one, so I’ll say 28-27. What’s your prediction?
A 1 point win? Give up 27 points to Miami? At home? Oh crap....
Old 10-05-2007   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Wow, two things really freak me out:

Just being in the NFL is a challenge? Thats not what I want to hear about my #1 overall pick...
And they're out of the gate in the read too much into quotes races.

He clearly means that as in being in the NFL is motivation enough not as in Mario is barely hanging on to stay in the league.
Old 10-05-2007   #4
real

I don't see anything alarming about those quotes...
Old 10-05-2007   #5
fritz145
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 fritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Infantrycak has it right. Bryan wasn't making any sort of disparaging remark toward Mario at all. He was essentially rejecting the notion that Mario needs the heat turned up for him to produce.

Having said that, you're rarely, if ever, going to see teammates go after each other, especially on this team. So I didn't expect Bryan to say anything else.

But it's also worth noting that Dunta Robinson kind of gave credence to the "Mario needs an occasional spark" notion, when I spoke to him after the KC game. Here's what he said:

“Mario kinda slapped me in the face because I told him before the third quarter, ‘Mario, I aint heard your name all day, you gotta do something,’ Robinson said. “And then he went nuts from that point on. Mario is a monster. He can dominate a football game if he wants to and you saw that in the third quarter.”

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/...dunta_texa.php

So we just have to draw on our conclusions. Right now, the body of evidence is not entirely in Mario's favor. But he's young. There's still time to turn things around.
Old 10-05-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

these bryan pittman features are starting to grow on me. good work.
Old 10-05-2007   #7
fritz145
Rookie

thank you. but most of the credit goes to Bryan for generously giving up some of his rather limited free time to do this.
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i liked the last question.

Quote:
JCF: Okay, last question. Who’s gonna surprise us and have a big game?
BP: I went with Owen last week and he had an all right game. He had a few catches. This week, I will go with Petey [Faggins]. I say Petey’s gonna step it up and play like he has in the past; not this year, but, you know, how he did in year’s past. I’m going to say he’s going to come down with a turnover and he’s gonna let everyone know that the Petey of old is back.
Old 10-05-2007   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
JCF: You know with all the injuries you guys have had early on, I’ve started wondering about the Texans’ most valuable players. Who are your choices thus far?

BP: Offensively, I would probably pick Matt, because of the difference he’s made compared to the old number eight; as far as just leading the team and performing on a better level than David did. Defensively, Amobi’s doing pretty well. Either him, or Morlon Greenwood’s really been playing well for us. But Amobi was just awarded rookie player of the month for the AFC.
Interesting.
Old 10-05-2007   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

DRob says Mario needs to be mad, Bryan says he doesnt, who do we believe?
Old 10-05-2007   #11
fritz145
Rookie

Based on Mario's body of work in both college and the pros, I think you have to side with Dunta for the time being.
Old 10-05-2007   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz145 View Post
thank you. but most of the credit goes to Bryan for generously giving up some of his rather limited free time to do this.
Agreed it's good to see a player reach out to the fans, but I wish my free time was so limited.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read