Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007   #121
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: front row bull pen

Anyone looking for PSL should try to buy now. The texans are going to the top. As they rise so will the price of those PSLs. I just wonder how long it will be before the Texans make all the seats in the stadium psl just like the Carolina panthers seats are.
Old 10-04-2007   #122
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
VY didn't make the choice, the Texans did. I don't understand why people like you have such distate for VY when it wasn't his decision. VY is a Houston Texan, no matter you like it or not. I can understand not rooting for him, but the way you guys handle this situation is just comical. It wasn't VY's choice.
hollywood, I'm a lifetime Longhorn fan. I was born and raised one, and loved VY when he was in the burnt orange. He's the enemy (so to speak) now, and so I root against him.
My personal dislike stems from him prancing around on my home team's field, stroking his own ego, saying "this is my house!" after the titans won the game.
Sorry, that **** don't fly with me.
Fine, you won the game, VY. You made a great play, and I recognize that fact, but if you run your mouth and disrespect my home field, I have an issue with that.
I know he was just acting in the heat of the moment, but I don't care.
VY must go down, and he must go down hard.
Old 10-04-2007   #123
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Anyone looking for PSL should try to buy now. The texans are going to the top. As they rise so will the price of those PSLs. I just wonder how long it will be before the Texans make all the seats in the stadium psl just like the Carolina panthers seats are.
wow you have actually said something I totally agree with. congrats ubecool
Old 10-04-2007   #124
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
andrew those 122 were 1900 in 2002. They will go up some a lot more as the texans win more. You can call the texans and they will tell you what they have them valued at now.
I wasn't sure, I had psls in 121 before I moved over to the bullpen and those psls were 900 a peice. I sold them for 2000 I beleive last year to a person who told me they were a fan from another area and were moving to Houston. After I sold them I found out he was a ticket broker and nothing I could do about it. I was totally heart broken knowing I contributed to helping another team have a small advantage with having their fans in my old seats.
Old 10-05-2007   #125
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I wasn't sure, I had psls in 121 before I moved over to the bullpen and those psls were 900 a peice. I sold them for 2000 I beleive last year to a person who told me they were a fan from another area and were moving to Houston. After I sold them I found out he was a ticket broker and nothing I could do about it. I was totally heart broken knowing I contributed to helping another team have a small advantage with having their fans in my old seats.
why would you feel bad, you made a buck. So you are actually a part of problem? Why so much concern about the brokers....the way the Texans seasons have panned out they have to had taken a beating.
Old 10-05-2007   #126
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
why would you feel bad, you made a buck. So you are actually a part of problem? Why so much concern about the brokers....the way the Texans seasons have panned out they have to had taken a beating.
I feel bad because the solution is to have all the stadium filled with Texans fans. Especially in lower region sections of the feild. I'd of rather of taken a loss on my money than to have known I sold PSLs to a ticket broker.
Old 10-05-2007   #127
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I feel bad because the solution is to have all the stadium filled with Texans fans. Especially in lower region sections of the feild. I'd of rather of taken a loss on my money than to have known I sold PSLs to a ticket broker.
The fans affect on a game is not as great as some think it is. Aren't the seats you sold sideline seats? Maybe its just me but I can't see giving up sideline seats to sit in the endzone..lol. But to each his own. Taking a loss is just un-american....don't do it!

Last edited by ubecool454; 10-05-2007 at 08:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-05-2007   #128
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
The fans affect on a game is not as great as some think it is. Isn't the seats you sold sideline seats? Maybe its just me but I can't see giving up sideline seats to sit in the endzone..lol. But to each his own. Taking a loss is just un-american....don't do it!
I liked the fan base in the bullpen better. the other section I was in seemed to be people who didn't care to get into the game.
Old 10-05-2007   #129
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I liked the fan base in the bullpen better. the other section I was in seemed to be people who didn't care to get into the game.
Just look at the Texans past history. How could you get into it? I know people that would leave the games at halftime to go back out and tailgate. Things are changing now. Don't let the other fans affect you, just do what you do because I would be willing to bet my PSLs that less than 25% of the fan base really keep up with the team other than on sunday.

Last edited by ubecool454; 10-05-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-05-2007   #130
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Nitro why don't you call the texans today and ask them again about the PSLs not being in the 600 section. This time talk to someone different.
Old 10-05-2007   #131
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The fans affect on a game is not as great as some think it is.
Oh really? There are numerous articles that seem to prove otherwise.

The No Fun League is considering putting radio recievers in helmets of offensive players to combat the problem. I guess they are considering spending that much money because of... why would they do this again???

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/nflin...e_of_nois.html
Old 10-05-2007   #132
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
hollywood, I'm a lifetime Longhorn fan. I was born and raised one, and loved VY when he was in the burnt orange. He's the enemy (so to speak) now, and so I root against him.
My personal dislike stems from him prancing around on my home team's field, stroking his own ego, saying "this is my house!" after the titans won the game.
Sorry, that **** don't fly with me.
Fine, you won the game, VY. You made a great play, and I recognize that fact, but if you run your mouth and disrespect my home field, I have an issue with that.
I know he was just acting in the heat of the moment, but I don't care.
VY must go down, and he must go down hard.
I keep things in perpsective. I appreciate VY because he did some amazing things for me as a Longhorn fan. I can't explain the feeling walking out of the Rose Bowl and walking next to Michigan and USC fans with their mouths wide open like this just got run over like a Mack truck.

The only things the Texans have done is build a nice stadium and allow tailgaiting.

As for VY playing for the Texans, if it would have been VY's choice, he would been a Texan. But, the Texans choose otherwise.

Which is fine, I don't have a problem with it, but you better be able to live with the consequences and handle it like a man.

The Texans passed on him and he proved his point. I don't care who you are or where your from. You beat a team under those circumstances, you can dance around if you like. The Texans made a decision and it bit them in ass, but there is no sense in crying over it!

When I hear all this complaining about VY dancing in Reliant after he scored that TD, it reminds of a bunch of babies crying. Get over it...
Old 10-05-2007   #133
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I would of known these tickets were for sale.

I did however just buy 2 VERY front row 30 yard line seats to the Texans/Titans game. Birthday present to myself
Old 10-05-2007   #134
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When I hear all this complaining about VY dancing in Reliant after he scored that TD, it reminds of a bunch of babies crying. Get over it...
Sorry, it's not your choice to tell me what to get over... there is etiquette in sports, like not showing up a pitcher after you've hit a home run off of him, and not running out onto another teams logo in the middle of the field after you score a TD.
VY broke that etiquette, and as Texan fans, we have a right to not like it.
You can blather on all you want, calling people babies because they have a view point that's different from yours, but their point of view is as legitimate as yours, probably more so, because your point of view is obviously tainted burnt orange.
Sorry, I know VY is your secret love and all, but he ran his mouth in our house.
I'm sure there are more than a few Texans players that share this opinion.

You seem to be in a surly mood the last few days, did someone piss on your VY woobie????

BTW, I'm over us not taking VY, because the trade off would've been Schaub+Mario... no thanks, we can get another running back besides vince...

Last edited by michaelm; 10-05-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2007   #135
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sorry, it's not your choice to tell me what to get over... there is etiquette in sports, like not showing up a pitcher after you've hit a home run off of him, and not running out onto another teams logo in the middle of the field after you score a TD.
You can blather on all you want, calling people babies because they have a view point that's different from yours, but their point of view is as legitimate as yours, probably more so, because your point of view is obviously tainted burnt orange.
Sorry, I know VY is your secret love and all, but he ran his mouth in our house.

You seem to be in a surly mood the last few days, did someone piss on your VY woobie????

BTW, I'm over us not taking VY, because the trade off would've been Schaub+Mario... no thanks, we can get another running back besides vince...
Not to piss you off but, I tend to agree with Hollywood on this. I don't think Vince was trying to show us up. Vince is a hometown hero that got caught up in the moment and celebrated with his posse of fans. I was drained to after he did it to us and I want to beat vince's butt everytime he comes to Houston.
Old 10-05-2007   #136
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't care who VY plays for. I was fortunate enough to go two of the most amazing college football games of all time. That's a lot more than anyone will ever get as a football fan. I consider myself very fortunate in that regard, especially as UT fan.

I respect VY because he backs up everything he says and proves his critics wrong.

That doesn't mean I want the Titans to be beat the Texans though.

But, if they do, I am not going to in a tizzy about. And, I really don't care who dances at Reliant. Just as I really don't care who sits in the Bull Pen. Just as I really don't what you or anyone else thinks about my stance on VY.

There are so many other things in life to focus on...
Old 10-05-2007   #137
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:

There are so many other things in life to focus on...
Indeed there are other things in life to focus on, but apparently, at this moment we've both chosen to focus on football...

BTW, I love your use of words like babies, and tizzy... it adds much to what would otherwise be a rational conversation...

Maybe I'm just jealous that I didn't get to attend those Rose Bowls (I am!).
Old 10-05-2007   #138
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Not to piss you off but, I tend to agree with Hollywood on this. I don't think Vince was trying to show us up. Vince is a hometown hero that got caught up in the moment and celebrated with his posse of fans. I was drained to after he did it to us and I want to beat vince's butt everytime he comes to Houston.
It sounds like you kind of agree with both of us... I don't think VY's actual intent at that moment was to show us up, I just think he could've been more restrained. It's difficult to convey with the written word, but my posts shouldn't give you (or Hollywood) the impression that I'm seething mad over this thing. No, I just think VY needs to get a lesson in humility on the football field, and I hope that the Texans can deliver it, and hopefully real soon.

(that "lesson in humility" statement may seem sort of inaccurate, because it might be taken to insinuate that VY acts like that all the time, which is not true. For the most part, he says the right things)
Old 10-05-2007   #139
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Maybe I'm just jealous that I didn't get to attend those Rose Bowls (I am!).
Yeah, I was very fortunate to go those games and they were amazing.

It's such an amazing feeling to know your team is going to win down by 12 with about 5 minutes left. Everyone just knew where I was around.

I was never a big VY fan when he was at Texas.

The next morning after the USC game, I got to thinking about how I was always second guessing VY and his abilities. Then I realized, he had done more for me as a fan of one of my favorite football teams than any other player ever.

Vince is in Tennesse now, which is fine by me because I feel so fortunate to root for him while he was at Texas and delivered the goods. Some people never get that feeling from their team ever.

With that in mind, that doesn't mean I have to hold him in such disdain as a lot of other people on this board do. Further, having that position, doesn't make me any less of a Texan fan.

Not to mention, it wasn't Vince's decision!

A lot crap gets slung my way because I don't bang on VY like they do or I call them on it. Maybe if they relaxed a little bit and tried to understand a different perspective, they would understand where I am coming from.
Old 10-05-2007   #140
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Maybe if they relaxed a little bit and tried to understand a different perspective, they would understand where I am coming from.
That's a two-way street if I ever saw one...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read