Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007   #81
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: front row bull pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
Honestly, i'd take tickets between the fourties over bullpen tix any day. JMO
I have been forced to sit between the forties before and I HATED it!

Too many fans reading newspapers, talking on cell phones and doing anything BUT watching the game until a score or a big play happens. They were always asking me "what happened?".

If your section is quiet enough for you to talk on a cell phone, it ain't for me.
Old 10-04-2007   #82
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
The usher was a Titan fan, not much help there, obviously.
That ain't right... He should be fired!!!

PS I know a couple of HPD officers that work the games. They ARE Texans fans... Lemme know next time.
Old 10-04-2007   #83
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
It really sounded like you were about to and that you wished you hadn't backed off.

Just saying...
You are correct. I wish I hadn't backed off. In hind sight, I wish I had notified the security officer on the field. I was stunned a Reliant employee was allowing Titan fans to stand by the rail, but not Texan fans. The verbal exchange I had was with the YELLOW shirt. He told me to go back to my seat, which I did, and he motioned for the Titan fans to "come on down." Now, if I was "out of line" and should not have gotten pis*ed over that, then maybe I need to move my seats to the dark side.
Old 10-04-2007   #84
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
Honestly, i'd take tickets between the fourties over bullpen tix any day. JMO
Yes and no.

They are lovely seats. A nice place to watch the game. But usually the same fans don't sit in the same seats week after week because so many of them are corporate seats or ticket broker seats.

The Bullpen is different because most of the people show up to every game and you get to know them. Also the energy is one of the best places in the stadium. I got a friend of mine's mom some tickets there.

You can get a nice point of view from your couch, but nothing replaces being at a game. And there can be nice energy throughout the stadium, but it is really sweet in the endzones because that is where real people can buy tickets.

And when the PSLs were first sold, some people who are friends of the owners had dibs before regular folks could buy tickets. And when the team did poorly, some fans sold their PSLs to ticket brokers, so the brokered tickets on the field level have increased.

It is not unreasonable that if the Texans want to promote the homefield advantage that they do their part to see that it can actually be a homefield advantage.
Old 10-04-2007   #85
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That ain't right... He should be fired!!!

PS I know a couple of HPD officers that work the games. They ARE Texans fans... Lemme know next time.
Now we are going to have opposing fans arrested if they buy those seats?
Old 10-04-2007   #86
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We'll see what happen's in about 3 weeks when your fav QB comes to town!!
What is the purpose of that comment?

I could go on and on about your bangin' hair two glove wearing sack of potatoes QB.

At least my QB comes through in the clutch twice when I go to the Rose Bowl. Gives me something proud about when walking out of the Rose Bowl that are games of a lifetime.

Your QB, dumps turds in the pocket but has great hair.

There, you happy now?

VY didn't make the choice, the Texans did. I don't understand why people like you have such distate for VY when it wasn't his decision. VY is a Houston Texan, no matter you like it or not. I can understand not rooting for him, but the way you guys handle this situation is just comical. It wasn't VY's choice.

It's even funnier to think that the Tennessee fans that you are so upset with were probably born and raised in Houston, Texas! You call them big bucks from Tennessee, but it probably couldn't be further from the truth. To make it even funnier, your bangin' hair two glove wearing sack of potatoes QB that no longer plays for the Texans but got $35 million for nothing, is the reason why the Texans never considered VY.

Get a grip! Just leave the VY thing alone. We finally have what appears to be a very good QB and let's leave it at that.

Last edited by hollywood_texan; 10-04-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2007   #87
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are correct. I wish I hadn't backed off. In hind sight, I wish I had notified the security officer on the field. I was stunned a Reliant employee was allowing Titan fans to stand by the rail, but not Texan fans. The verbal exchange I had was with the YELLOW shirt. He told me to go back to my seat, which I did, and he motioned for the Titan fans to "come on down." Now, if I was "out of line" and should not have gotten pis*ed over that, then maybe I need to move my seats to the dark side.
I think you are not telling the truth.
Old 10-04-2007   #88
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
She has a quite a few witnesses. Not that she needs them. Most people here know that GMA won't lie.

I thought you said you were done here.
Old 10-04-2007   #89
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now we are going to have opposing fans arrested if they buy those seats?
The comment was referring to opposing fans acting a fool...

Reading comprehension is power...
Old 10-04-2007   #90
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
She has a quite a few witnesses. Not that she needs them. Most people here know that GMA won't lie.

I thought you said you were done here.
TEDC take it from me...go tailgate, enjoy the game, and stop worrying about this silly issue. She just keeps adding on, first it was the scalping tickets, now people are blocking her view....I have aisle seats second row..people come to take pics of the cheerleaders there all the time..we just ask them to bend down if action is taking place. stop whining and go enjoy the game.
Old 10-04-2007   #91
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
OK I am done with this thread. You guys go to the game this weekend and just watch the game and not the opposing fans sitting in your sections. Peace, are y'all going to help me build my rep power back up? I hope no one is upset over this if they are... tough, get over it. See ya at the game Sunday.
^^^
Old 10-04-2007   #92
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
^^^
I Changed my mind.
Old 10-04-2007   #93
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so proud to be part of the bullpen, didnt think this many folks would stand up for what they believe in

GO TEXANS! ! ! !
Old 10-04-2007   #94
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So this discussion has got me thinking (dangerous, I know) and while I understand how PSL's work, I still don't get it 100%

Do you have to have PSL's to buy season tickets? I know some seats don't require PSL's, but if someone else's owns the PSL's but doesn't pay for season tickets, what happens to those seats/tickets?

In other words if I want to buy season tickets for some good seats, do I have to go out and buy the PSL's too?

I am seriously considering getting on the waiting list for next year (which I don't know how it works either) if I can scratch together the dough, not sure yet. I wouldn't be able to attend every home game though, probably 4 of them, since I have small children and my wife works some weekends.

Sorry, I am not trying to hi-jack this thread. Can anyone explain it to me? I am just trying to understand my options.
Old 10-04-2007   #95
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: front row bull pen

Let's say you buy tickets every year from Bob, a PSL owner. Next year, bob doesn't pay his ticket prices. Those seats are GONE.

PSL's and non-PSL seats work the same, you have to buy them EVERY year or you lose them.

Not EVERY seat in Reliant is a PSL seat. Some seats are just "season ticket" seats, but you're give the right to rebuy the same seats every year.

Hope that makes some sense.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-04-2007   #96
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow, I have read this thread with morbid fascination. I have season tickets in 519, so am really not involved. But why in the world would you insult a loved and respected member of this forum is such a way. I am relatively new to the forum and have tried to read the threads and post with thought and respect. Other than just trying to cause problems, I see no point in your posts.
Old 10-04-2007   #97
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Let's say you buy tickets every year from Bob, a PSL owner. Next year, bob doesn't pay his ticket prices. Those seats are GONE.

PSL's and non-PSL seats work the same, you have to buy them EVERY year or you lose them.

Not EVERY seat in Reliant is a PSL seat. Some seats are just "season ticket" seats, but you're give the right to rebuy the same seats every year.

Hope that makes some sense.
Thanks Yankee! So, if I am understanding right, if Bob doesn't purchase the season tix this year, he still owns the PSL, and if decides to buy them again the following year he can, right? Since you own the PSL for life is that how it would work? If not, I don't understand what the benefit of owning the PSL is other than being guranteed good seats as long as you continue to buy season tix.

If I go buy some PSL's on ebay, I will be guranteed those seats next year as long as I purchase the tickets? If I don't, than the some one else guy buy them as "non-psl" season tickets even though they are in a PSL section?

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 10-04-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2007   #98
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Thanks Yankee! So, if I am understanding right, if Bob doesn't purchase the season tix this year, he still owns the PSL, and if decides to buy them again the following year he can, right? Since you own the PSL for life is that how it would work? If not, I don't understand what the benefit of owning the PSL is other than being guranteed good seats as long as you continue to buy season tix.

If I go buy some PSL's on ebay, I will be guranteed those seats next year as long as I purchase the tickets? If I don't, than the some one else guy buy them as "non-psl" season tickets even though they are in a PSL section?
As a PSL owner you do have to buy the tickets every year or you lose your seat basicly and the texans can resell your PSLs. If you're going to buy PSL's try to stay away from ebay. I'd wait and see if anyone on here is willing to sell.
Old 10-04-2007   #99
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
As a PSL owner you do have to buy the tickets every year or you lose your seat basicly and the texans can resell your PSLs. If you're going to buy PSL's try to stay away from ebay. I'd wait and see if anyone on here is willing to sell.
Okay, thanks. Is there a map of which sections are PSL's and what sections are non-psl's season tickets?
Old 10-04-2007   #100
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Okay, thanks. Is there a map of which sections are PSL's and what sections are non-psl's season tickets?
not sure I figure that the 100s, 300s, and some of the 500s and 600s are psl? not sure though most 500 and 600 maybe just season ticket holders and not psl
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read