Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007   #61
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: front row bull pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
Honestly, i'd take tickets between the fourties over bullpen tix any day. JMO
That's what my dad tells me when I try and give him my tickets for a game.

He's a funny guy, it's not what some of you are thinking...

Point is, relax...
Old 10-04-2007   #62
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Point is, relax...

Why don't you guys visit the Bullpen before you become so critical of it. Most of the diehards are RELAXED, have a great time, are very respectful to ALL fans, both opposing teams and of our own obnoxious fans who tallgate a little to much before the game. Personally, I try to be very respectful to opposing teams fans, and sometimes have a lot of fun with them. BUT, I will not sit by and allow them to take over MY house!! It's my house, and I will protect it!!

BOTTOM LINE!!! Some of us want those two front row seats very bad!! It's just a little stab in my old TEXAN heart to see someone other than a TEXAN fan SITTING down there. Let them sit anywhere else in the stadium, except the front row of the Bullpen. JMO!!! Doesn't seem like anyone else cares anyway.
Old 10-04-2007   #63
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Why don't you guys visit the Bullpen before you become so critical of it. Most of the diehards are RELAXED, have a great time, are very respectful to ALL fans, both opposing teams and of our own obnoxious fans who tallgate a little to much before the game. Personally, I try to be very respectful to opposing teams fans, and sometimes have a lot of fun with them. BUT, I will not sit by and allow them to take over MY house!! It's my house, and I will protect it!!

BOTTOM LINE!!! Some of us want those two front row seats very bad!! It's just a little stab in my old TEXAN heart to see someone other than a TEXAN fan SITTING down there. Let them sit anywhere else in the stadium, except the front row of the Bullpen. JMO!!! Doesn't seem like anyone else cares anyway.
I care, even though my broke ass can't afford season tickets.

Look I understand scalping goes on and it is hard to stop but when all a company is doing is grabbing up PSLs just so they can sell the tickets I think it is total bull, because like GranMa said there are fans who would love those seats and plop their butt in them every game.
Old 10-04-2007   #64
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: front row bull pen

I hope someone on here buys these tickets!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 10-04-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2007   #65
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have season tickets in Section 118, very close to that dad and son that dress up in those blue overalls with their faces painted. Across the aisle from the big guy that dresses up like Elvis. Point is, I know the Bull Pen. Let me tell you, you guys are the only ones that really care about that section in terms of it being the Bull Pen. To every one else, it's just some marketing name. Similar to the gate you go into that is the called the Coca-Cola gate. It's a point of reference and that's it.

People don't watch the game on TV and see opposing fans in the Bull Pen and laugh at the Houston Texans because there are opposing fans. They just don't care because they don't even know.

Just so you know, I am at Reliant several times a year. I will be at the Miami game this weekend and if it stays a noon game for the Saints, I will be there too. There will be Saints fabs sitting in my seats for that game because I have several friends that are Saints fans.

In addition, I am going to the Chargers and Raider games. Chargers game, Texans bench side 6 rows up on the 20. Oakland, 2 rows up on the 40. I am going to support the Texans with full gear. Be mindful, your fellow Texans go to road games, and how else do we get those tickets. It works both ways!

Protect you house? What is that? That is done on the field by the players. You are just spectator.

It is completely inappropriate for you to block the aisle so someone can't walk by to get to their seat. I don't care who they are or what they look like. They have just as much of a right to their seat as yours with a valid ticket and they follow the rules

Generally, people probably do care about only Texans fans sitting front row, but at different degrees. You want Texans in those seats? Buy those seats. Get something togeteher with people on this board and get it done.

How many seats are we talking about and how do we get in touch with this guy? Let's see what we are up against and get this thing done.

I have said my peace. You guys want to continue with this thread and others like it, that's your right and the point of this MB.

You wanna solve the problem? You need to buy those seats from that guy. It's really that simple.

You can't get everything in life and some things you have to work really hard to get it. You just gotta decide is it worth it.

Good luck!
Old 10-04-2007   #66
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: front row bull pen

YOU'RE missing the point. This person is and will remain completely anonymous (that's how Stubhub works).

The suite holder is not selling.

Other ticket brokers on Ebay have refused to sell PSL's (anyone remmeber Phattuna?)

It's not a matter of putting money where the mouth is.

The TWO times I have seen 116 front half of the Bullpen PSL's I bought them. I think others on here also jump when they see 116 PSL's on Ebay.

Most of us who tailgate together also sit together. And we'd love to get more of our group sitting together. But instead of our good friends next to us, we can random people who give 2 shoots about football.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-04-2007   #67
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is completely inappropriate for you to block the aisle so someone can't walk by to get to their seat. I don't care who they are or what they look like. They have just as much of a right to their seat as yours with a valid ticket and they follow the rules
Obviously you read only what you wanted to out of my post. I have NEVER blocked the isle from someone who has seats in the Bullpen, opposing team or not. Those dudes did NOT have seats in the Bullpen, I ask them. I POLITELY told them to go back to their seats that fans were not allowed to stand by the rail. They tried to push me away and I didn't budge, until the YELLOW shirt made me. Sorry if you disagree!! If anyone gets to stand by the rail and yell for their team it's gonna be a TEXAN fan!!! It's our house and our boys need our support! When we're in our end zone, whether on offense or defense, they should be able to look into faces of TEXAN fans, esp those on the front row, which is what we have been discussing from the beginning. JMO!!
Old 10-04-2007   #68
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just don't understand why you guys get so upset over opposing fans sitting in the Bull Pen.

I have a hunch they named that section the Bull Pen and market it a certain way because how do you sell seats that are going to bake in the sun during the first part of the season. Now, we don't even have that issue.

There is a secondary market for tickets, it happens for all entertainment events. This isn't unique to Reliant Stadium or the Bull Pen for that matter. How are you going to stop that? You aren't!!!! This is AMERICA!!!!

It's a FREE COUNTRY, if someone can obtain a ticket lawfully, they are allowed to sit in the seat regardless as long as they follow the rules perscribed by the stadium no matter who you are or what team you root for. End of story!
This was very well said by Mr Hollywood Texan.
The best way to alleviate this problem, is to talk to the people selling tickets and try to figure out a way to compensate them for games they aren't making and getting those tickets to Texans fans for reasonable value.

You guys are taking the approach of beating people over the head instead of really trying to solve the problem. Your just flapping your gums in the wind. Try and find some solution where people are compensated.

For me personally, I do sell tickets to games I can't make. I have tried to sell tickets posting on this board to Texans fan, but there is a fair amount of grief that I recieved from it and some want some sweetheart deals. Other tickets, I give away to family and friends, and some of them root for the opposing team!

Just so you know, in my experience, opposing fans pay the most money for tickets! Go figure! Also, I gave all tickets away for the first 4 years but grew tired of it for various reasons I won't get into.

Not all season ticket holders are going to live Houston. Furthermore, not every season ticket holder is going to be able to go to every game. That is why there is a secondary market. It happens. Get over it!

I think you guys need to relax. It's a FREE COUNTRY and if you can pay for it, it's yours!

One other thing, just because someone doesn't agree with you on this topic, doesn't make them any less of a Texan fan than you! So get that out of your head too.

Hit me with bad rep all you want. I'll know who you are and wear it like a badge of courage!
This was very well said by Mr. Hollywood Texan.
Old 10-04-2007   #69
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
This is the crap people get upset over

http://stores.ebay.com/I-AM-A-HOUSTO...dZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

Tell me this is just an individual that has all these seats and stuff. It is a slimy way of doing things. His PSLs should be stripped.

Hollywood your missing the point. It is not about selling a ticket and or someone buying them. They tickets being sold are always for sale. An entity owns them and fans do not have a chance to buy those PSL. At least that is my take on it.

I think it sucks a company buys PSLs just for the sole pupose of selling seats and a highly jacked up price. Individual tickets fine, but PSLs should not be used this way.
specs I hear what you are saying but I still fail to see why any of that is your business.
Old 10-04-2007   #70
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
YOU'RE missing the point. This person is and will remain completely anonymous (that's how Stubhub works).

The suite holder is not selling.

Other ticket brokers on Ebay have refused to sell PSL's (anyone remmeber Phattuna?)

It's not a matter of putting money where the mouth is.

The TWO times I have seen 116 front half of the Bullpen PSL's I bought them. I think others on here also jump when they see 116 PSL's on Ebay.

Most of us who tailgate together also sit together. And we'd love to get more of our group sitting together. But instead of our good friends next to us, we can random people who give 2 shoots about football.
why not just go and enjoy the game and not worry about who is sitting next to you?
Old 10-04-2007   #71
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's not Joe Texan (sorry, bad choice of a generic name) selling games he can't make (PLEASE REREAD THE THREAD). We are complaining about TICKET BROKERS, a partial owner of the Texans, and completely anonymous people.

So yes, we have tried to do something. Numerous people have called and/or written letters to the Texans.

So until something changes, just as the brokers have a "right" to scalp the seats, we have a right to complain.

And further, you'd be ticked too if there were front row seats owned by a suite holder who flippantly passes them out, sending opposing fans to your section who only come down for one quarter a game. There are about 20 people in our section (that know about the situation) that would kill for those seats.
Yankee some of my friends that don't make the games say they have the best seat. It's in their house. I might be willing to take those PSLs off your hands so you don't have to sit by those evil visiting fans. the friends that would kill for those seats should just make the owner of those seats a offer they can't refuse.
Old 10-04-2007   #72
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Kinda' like (I've seen it happen)...

Someone waits in line all day with his son/daughter for an autograph. They get cut off, and the child goes home disappointed. But the 5 people in front of him (fully equiped with roller suitcases) got the autograph that's going straight on sale on Ebay.

Nothing you can do about it, but there's more deserving people - just like I'd rather fans have the PSL's than these scalpers/scalping companies.
YANKEE..Don't hate the playa, hate the game!
Old 10-04-2007   #73
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:

now the truth comes out, you are jealous and want those front seats....make them a offer they can't refuse.
Old 10-04-2007   #74
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Obviously you read only what you wanted to out of my post. I have NEVER blocked the isle from someone who has seats in the Bullpen, opposing team or not. Those dudes did NOT have seats in the Bullpen, I ask them. I POLITELY told them to go back to their seats that fans were not allowed to stand by the rail. They tried to push me away and I didn't budge, until the YELLOW shirt made me. Sorry if you disagree!! If anyone gets to stand by the rail and yell for their team it's gonna be a TEXAN fan!!! It's our house and our boys need our support! When we're in our end zone, whether on offense or defense, they should be able to look into faces of TEXAN fans, esp those on the front row, which is what we have been discussing from the beginning. JMO!!
Fair enough, you should let somebody know they are out of line at Reliant. If they don't shape up or ship out, then you let the usher do his job. You are still completely out of line in the situation you described above. Furthermore, you are not physically capable to handle the situation anyway. Your probably just making worse for the usher to do his job.

Trust me, my seats are on the aisle and very close to the railing. There are always people going up to the railing and watching the game and blocking my view. Then I can't see crap. I could care less who they are rooting for or how old they are. If I can't see what is going on, I tell them they better buzz off during the game. If they don't move on, I get an usher.

As for the front row thing, my advice is to get over it.
Old 10-04-2007   #75
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
why not just go and enjoy the game and not worry about who is sitting next to you?
Perhaps because it directly affects their enjoyment of the game? I'm about 9 rows above most of the people I tailgate with..because there's several rows of "Ticketmaster" folks between us.

I fully understand the capitalism side of this, but as a fan it DOES get irritating.
Old 10-04-2007   #76
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
specs I hear what you are saying but I still fail to see why any of that is your business.
Because I would love to goto the game and sit near some of those I call friends. I am not rich nor do I have the money for PSLs, so I want tickets I would rather be able to go thru Texans website and buy them for at cost versus some piece of crap sticking it to me in everyway possible.

Corporate entities should not be allowd to buy a bunch of PSLs just to sell them and stick it to those who do not have a bunch of F'n money.

That is why it is my F'n business.
Old 10-04-2007   #77
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Fair enough, you should let somebody know they are out of line at Reliant. If they don't shape up or ship out, then you let the usher do his job. You are still completely out of line in the situation you described above. Furthermore, you are not physically capable to handle the situation anyway. Your probably just making worse for the usher to do his job.

Trust me, my seats are on the aisle and very close to the railing. There are always people going up to the railing and watching the game and blocking my view. Then I can't see crap. I could care less who they are rooting for or how old they are. If I can't see what is going on, I tell them they better buzz off during the game. If they don't move on, I get an usher.

As for the front row thing, my advice is to get over it.
Trust me, I had NO intention of getting into a PHYSICAL confortation with a couple big ass bucks from the hills of Tenn!! Not that stupid. The usher was a Titan fan, not much help there, obviously. What you missed, was that I backed off, stepped aside, became the sweet little old grandma that everyone thinks I am, and left it alone. I handled it after the game was over, the way it should be handled, I reported it to everyone I have listed on my Texans e-mail list!! We'll see what happen's in about 3 weeks when your fav QB comes to town!!
Old 10-04-2007   #78
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought you were done here?

Don't you have a life?
Old 10-04-2007   #79
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trust me, I had NO intention of getting into a PHYSICAL confortation with a couple big ass bucks from the hills of Tenn!! Not that stupid. The usher was a Titan fan, not much help there, obviously. What you missed, was that I backed off, stepped aside, became the sweet little old grandma that everyone thinks I am, and left it alone. I handled it after the game was over, the way it should be handled, I reported it to everyone I have listed on my Texans e-mail list!! We'll see what happen's in about 3 weeks when your fav QB comes to town!!
It really sounded like you were about to and that you wished you hadn't backed off.

Just saying...
Old 10-04-2007   #80
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BOTTOM LINE!!! Some of us want those two front row seats very bad!! It's just a little stab in my old TEXAN heart to see someone other than a TEXAN fan SITTING down there.
Yes!! Someone like me would love those seats. I would gladly give up my two seats in 120..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read