Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007   #41
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: front row bull pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Again I say, it is none of your business who people want to sell their tickets too. Some people bought PSLs to make a buck off of, and some bought them because they are diehard fans. I think you guys are getting up in arms about nothing. Just go to the games and enjoy it and support the team.... don't worry about some fan from Tenn that paid big bucks to get closer to the field.
You have NO idea what you are talking about. You are not a diehard fan who sits in the Bullpen so you do NOT know the passion of the fans in that area. I'm saying the Texans want US to help build a fanitical fan zone but we don't always have the support of the Texans. Last year during the Titan game I came very close to getting evicted from the stadium simply because I stood in the isle and refused to allow two Titan fans to go stand by the rail. If TEXAN fans are not allowed to stand there, then I'll be damned if a Titan fan will stand there. Well guess what??! The _____ "yellow shirt" made me move so the Titan fans could watch their team make a TD. I was NOT going to give up easily. After some unpleasant exchange of words SOMEONE pulled me back and told me to just leave it alone or I would go to Reliant jail. To this day I am sorry I gave up. It will NEVER happen again!! BTW: Those two Titan fans DID NOT have seats in the Bullpen. They just felt they could waltz into our fan zone and do as they please, and we let them get by with it because some "security" guy working for Reliant, is/was a VY jock sniffer.

If they want to pay big bucks to sit there, then so be it!! I just wish I had the opportunity to BUY those PSLs so I could make damn sure a Texan fan was sitting there!!!
Old 10-04-2007   #42
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
get a life.
I don't know ya and I have stayed out of this thread because I do not sit in the BP...but to tell someone who is a very big part of this board, a well respected member to get a life, I can't let that go by. If you do not know her, which by that comment you do not, you ought to be careful with what you say...
Old 10-04-2007   #43
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
get a life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I don't know ya and I have stayed out of this thread because I do not sit in the BP...but to tell someone who is a very big part of this board, a well respected member to get a life, I can't let that go by. If you do not know her, which by that comment you do not, you ought to be careful with what you say...

hobie has already called you out on this little statement. It appears you are the one that needs to get a life. Just so you know you attack certain people on here and you are basically attacking the entire board.

Mr. 6 Seats, where exactly are your seats? You do not have a problem with someone buying PSLs jut to make a profit? Well I do have a problem with it. These are not individuals that do this, this is a company who has PSLs in most of the stadiums just to sell. There are plenty of fans who would like to have those seats to use personnaly. That is the whole damn problem.

I think it is kinda crappy in my opinion. Going to stop here before I say something I will regret.
Old 10-04-2007   #44
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting!
Old 10-04-2007   #45
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
You have NO idea what you are talking about. You are not a diehard fan who sits in the Bullpen so you do NOT know the passion of the fans in that area. I'm saying the Texans want US to help build a fanitical fan zone but we don't always have the support of the Texans. Last year during the Titan game I came very close to getting evicted from the stadium simply because I stood in the isle and refused to allow two Titan fans to go stand by the rail. If TEXAN fans are not allowed to stand there, then I'll be damned if a Titan fan will stand there. Well guess what??! The _____ "yellow shirt" made me move so the Titan fans could watch their team make a TD. I was NOT going to give up easily. After some unpleasant exchange of words SOMEONE pulled me back and told me to just leave it alone or I would go to Reliant jail. To this day I am sorry I gave up. It will NEVER happen again!! BTW: Those two Titan fans DID NOT have seats in the Bullpen. They just felt they could waltz into our fan zone and do as they please, and we let them get by with it because some "security" guy working for Reliant, is/was a VY jock sniffer.

If they want to pay big bucks to sit there, then so be it!! I just wish I had the opportunity to BUY those PSLs so I could make damn sure a Texan fan was sitting there!!!
U did have the opportunity to buy PSLs. And they should have thrown you ouf if you were confronting other fans whether they are Texans fans or whatever. Leave all the confrontations to the players on field, then watch them hug and congratulate each other on a good game afterwards. Again I don't think that the bullpen fans are the only ones in stadium with passion for our team. I don't come to the games to get into confrontations...remember, just because you pay for a seat doesn't mean you run anything.
Old 10-04-2007   #46
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: front row bull pen

Quote:
U did have the opportunity to buy PSLs. And they should have thrown you ouf if you were confronting other fans whether they are Texans fans or whatever. Leave all the confrontations to the players on field, then watch them hug and congratulate each other on a good game afterwards. Again I don't think that the bullpen fans are the only ones in stadium with passion for our team. I don't come to the games to get into confrontations...remember, just because you pay for a seat doesn't mean you run anything.
Dood - take this to heart. Quit while you're way behind. I have a feeling you're closs to actually making people angry.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-04-2007   #47
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Hobie come on, I'm just giving my take on the subject and I don't know any of these people and care not to. I have met Texan Joe as he bawled like a baby after VY ran it in on us last year. I was disappointed too, but lets be real and remember this is still just a game that we attend for fun. And guess what? When the game was over Texan Joe was not in the bullpen seats.
Old 10-04-2007   #48
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
hobie has already called you out on this little statement. It appears you are the one that needs to get a life. Just so you know you attack certain people on here and you are basically attacking the entire board.

Mr. 6 Seats, where exactly are your seats? You do not have a problem with someone buying PSLs jut to make a profit? Well I do have a problem with it. These are not individuals that do this, this is a company who has PSLs in most of the stadiums just to sell. There are plenty of fans who would like to have those seats to use personnaly. That is the whole damn problem.

I think it is kinda crappy in my opinion. Going to stop here before I say something I will regret.
This buying of seats for a profit is going on in every sport in the country. I don't think the Texans have a problem with it and thats all that matters. When we bought our PSLs they mentioned that it might not be a good idea to buy as an investment. Anyone who bought them as an investment must have bought them for a long term investment because they have a lot of catching up to do.
Old 10-04-2007   #49
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

OK I am done with this thread. You guys go to the game this weekend and just watch the game and not the opposing fans sitting in your sections. Peace, are y'all going to help me build my rep power back up? I hope no one is upset over this if they are... tough, get over it. See ya at the game Sunday.
Old 10-04-2007   #50
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This buying of seats for a profit is going on in every sport in the country. I don't think the Texans have a problem with it and thats all that matters. When we bought our PSLs they mentioned that it might not be a good idea to buy as an investment. Anyone who bought them as an investment must have bought them for a long term investment because they have a lot of catching up to do.
Seriously do you freakin read what people write or are you just trying to be a jerk?

I said a lot of the tickets now being sold were bought by a company and all they do is buy PSLs and resell them. So, yes long term investment. Please read what the hell people type.
Old 10-04-2007   #51
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
You have NO idea what you are talking about. You are not a diehard fan who sits in the Bullpen so you do NOT know the passion of the fans in that area.

You go Girl! Folks need to learn quickly not to p*ss off us old folks. We may forget things a bit faster - but we get even first!

Mr. ubecool454 - you should change your name to iberude41. Just a thought.
Old 10-04-2007   #52
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Seriously do you freakin read what people write or are you just trying to be a jerk?

I said a lot of the tickets now being sold were bought by a company and all they do is buy PSLs and resell them. So, yes long term investment. Please read what the hell people type.
Spec I am not trying to be a jerk and did read what you typed. If those companies are doing what you say it in no way affects me so I have no problem with it because I have mine. Just understand that a opposing fan in your section has no effect on those guys on the field.
Old 10-04-2007   #53
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
You go Girl! Folks need to learn quickly not to p*ss off us old folks. We may forget things a bit faster - but we get even first!

Mr. ubecool454 - you should change your name to iberude41. Just a thought.
why should I change my name? If I can piss u off with words on a screen you probably are living a miserable life.
Old 10-04-2007   #54
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't understand why you guys get so upset over opposing fans sitting in the Bull Pen.

I have a hunch they named that section the Bull Pen and market it a certain way because how do you sell seats that are going to bake in the sun during the first part of the season. Now, we don't even have that issue.

There is a secondary market for tickets, it happens for all entertainment events. This isn't unique to Reliant Stadium or the Bull Pen for that matter. How are you going to stop that? You aren't!!!! This is AMERICA!!!!

It's a FREE COUNTRY, if someone can obtain a ticket lawfully, they are allowed to sit in the seat regardless as long as they follow the rules perscribed by the stadium no matter who you are or what team you root for. End of story!

The best way to alleviate this problem, is to talk to the people selling tickets and try to figure out a way to compensate them for games they aren't making and getting those tickets to Texans fans for reasonable value.

You guys are taking the approach of beating people over the head instead of really trying to solve the problem. Your just flapping your gums in the wind. Try and find some solution where people are compensated.

For me personally, I do sell tickets to games I can't make. I have tried to sell tickets posting on this board to Texans fan, but there is a fair amount of grief that I recieved from it and some want some sweetheart deals. Other tickets, I give away to family and friends, and some of them root for the opposing team!

Just so you know, in my experience, opposing fans pay the most money for tickets! Go figure! Also, I gave all tickets away for the first 4 years but grew tired of it for various reasons I won't get into.

Not all season ticket holders are going to live Houston. Furthermore, not every season ticket holder is going to be able to go to every game. That is why there is a secondary market. It happens. Get over it!

I think you guys need to relax. It's a FREE COUNTRY and if you can pay for it, it's yours!

One other thing, just because someone doesn't agree with you on this topic, doesn't make them any less of a Texan fan than you! So get that out of your head too.

Hit me with bad rep all you want. I'll know who you are and wear it like a badge of courage!

Last edited by hollywood_texan; 10-04-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2007   #55
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Spec I am not trying to be a jerk and did read what you typed. If those companies are doing what you say it in no way affects me so I have no problem with it because I have mine. Just understand that a opposing fan in your section has no effect on those guys on the field.
This is the crap people get upset over

http://stores.ebay.com/I-AM-A-HOUSTO...dZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

Tell me this is just an individual that has all these seats and stuff. It is a slimy way of doing things. His PSLs should be stripped.

Hollywood your missing the point. It is not about selling a ticket and or someone buying them. They tickets being sold are always for sale. An entity owns them and fans do not have a chance to buy those PSL. At least that is my take on it.

I think it sucks a company buys PSLs just for the sole pupose of selling seats and a highly jacked up price. Individual tickets fine, but PSLs should not be used this way.
Old 10-04-2007   #56
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post

The best way to alleviate this problem, is to talk to the people selling tickets and try to figure out a way to compensate them for games they aren't making and getting those tickets to Texans fans for reasonable value.
It's not Joe Texan (sorry, bad choice of a generic name) selling games he can't make (PLEASE REREAD THE THREAD). We are complaining about TICKET BROKERS, a partial owner of the Texans, and completely anonymous people.

So yes, we have tried to do something. Numerous people have called and/or written letters to the Texans.

So until something changes, just as the brokers have a "right" to scalp the seats, we have a right to complain.

And further, you'd be ticked too if there were front row seats owned by a suite holder who flippantly passes them out, sending opposing fans to your section who only come down for one quarter a game. There are about 20 people in our section (that know about the situation) that would kill for those seats.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-04-2007   #57
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Kinda' like (I've seen it happen)...

Someone waits in line all day with his son/daughter for an autograph. They get cut off, and the child goes home disappointed. But the 5 people in front of him (fully equiped with roller suitcases) got the autograph that's going straight on sale on Ebay.

Nothing you can do about it, but there's more deserving people - just like I'd rather fans have the PSL's than these scalpers/scalping companies.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-04-2007   #58
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hollywood your missing the point. It is not about selling a ticket and or someone buying them. They tickets being sold are always for sale. An entity owns them and fans do not have a chance to buy those PSL. At least that is my take on it.
I really don't see the difference.

Regardless of some corporate entity selling tickets, by your own omission, tickets are being sold in the secondary market by various types of people, which means opposing fans can be in the Bull Pen at any point in time.

Maybe what you are trying to say is, opposing fans are fine in the Bull Pen or surrounding areas as long as they didn't buy it from a particular ticket broker? How are you are every going to know? Why would you even make the destinction? Particularly, when you are going to have opposing fans already in the Bull Pen due to other avenues?

You guys seem to be going around in circles.

Not trying to start a flame war, but there are some things in life you just let go. It isn't worth it and you would be showing inconsistencies.

For me, it does kind of bother me, but I go to road games and I don't want people too hostile with me (I draw the line at spitting and getting physical in any form). If you look at the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that big of a deal. We are all just fans of the NFL, let's just drink beer, get rowdy, and have some fun without anyone getting hurt. It's kind of interesting to meet people from other teams anyway and get a different perspective.
Old 10-04-2007   #59
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
It's not Joe Texan (sorry, bad choice of a generic name) selling games he can't make (PLEASE REREAD THE THREAD). We are complaining about TICKET BROKERS, a partial owner of the Texans, and completely anonymous people.
Yankee, I understand what you are saying, but I really don't understand why you can just single one party out when it's going to be happening any way regardless of the situation. It seems you are selectively applying your grievance to one person. It sounds personal...

Maybe you guys, there seem to be enough of you that are upset about it, can get some money together and buy these PSLs from this guy. Maybe with enough people you guys can buy them and then turn them over to some reliable Texan fans with minimal cost.
Old 10-04-2007   #60
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Honestly, i'd take tickets between the fourties over bullpen tix any day. JMO

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read