Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Finally a Healthy Training Camp.... knock on wood...

I hope I don't jinx it, but the team is very healthy this year compared to previous camps. There seems to be a lot of talk here (especially by Ms. Texans Chick) about why we lose so many players in training camp every year.

We've only lost R. Alexander and C. Taylor who were backups at best. Last year at this time we had already lost Faggins, Mathis, Wali Rainer, Ben Steele and Chris McKenzie. Mario's toes were bleeding, Dunta's ankle was messed up and we were coming to the realization that Domanick's career was over.

So what are we doing differently this year besides holding out the old guys more often? Is there more emphasis being put on keeping guys off the ground? Is there less contact during scrimmages and drills? Inquiring minds want to know.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #2
MarioWrecksIt

Default Re: Finally a Healthy Training Camp.... knock on wood...

Not real sure but i think that we were just plagued last year and guys like Mathis are playing through more minor injuries this year as opposed to last. Hopefully we can be this lucky all season and have all of our core guys playing every sunday but its football and we all know that's next to impossible so we'll see how the preseason and rest of training camp goes injury-wise.
Old 08-06-2007   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope you don't "jinx it" too because I'd hate for this to turn into a "Spoke too soon" sort of thread.

All things being equal though a lot of it just has to do with perception. I haven't really thought of this camp as being healthier than previous years. It seems like every year the Texans have a player that we really need who also happens to be going through a lengthy injury rehab and (hopefully) recovery. It's a Texans tradition that began with Tony Boselli and was then taken to new, unimagined (record setting?) levels by Bennie Joppru and later Domanick Davis/Williams. Seth Payne and Kailee Wong also contributed to the "Who's going to be out this year that we really miss" reserve.

Now it's Charles Spencer who we're hoping can come back following a big hurt.
Old 08-06-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Has there been good news about Pitts or should he be on the injury list with his back??
Old 08-06-2007   #5
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Has there been good news about Pitts or should he be on the injury list with his back??
As of now, they are still calling it "back spasms." That's pretty vague, but it is way better than some non-specific talk of "sprain" or "pull."
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
He'll miss Sat. game and take things easy the following week. The Doctors say, it was like he was Jinxed. They can't see anything, but know there's something there. LMAO
You want to explain how a Texan OLmen going down is a LMAO situation? You're perilously close to a declaration of useless Carr supporter trolling the MB rather than Texan fan.
Old 08-06-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You want to explain how a Texan OLmen going down is a LMAO situation? You're perilously close to a declaration of useless Carr supporter trolling the MB rather than Texan fan.
I hope carr gets split ends and dandruf, now that would be LMAO funny and caddy would have IDD
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2007   #8
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

...remember Caper's camps? They were very physical, and the players started off the season beat up and worn down...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #9
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
...after 5 yrs+, is there any doubt this guys a useless troll? How he can remain on this board means he either has friends in high places or he has pics or videos--is there anyone he has not pm'd?

I've checked several boards and he is in a class by himself--no one on any other team's site exist to the degree he does--what's up with this? Is there any rule that applies to him?
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
I hope I don't jinx it, but the team is very healthy this year compared to previous camps. There seems to be a lot of talk here (especially by Ms. Texans Chick) about why we lose so many players in training camp every year.

We've only lost R. Alexander and C. Taylor who were backups at best. Last year at this time we had already lost Faggins, Mathis, Wali Rainer, Ben Steele and Chris McKenzie. Mario's toes were bleeding, Dunta's ankle was messed up and we were coming to the realization that Domanick's career was over.

So what are we doing differently this year besides holding out the old guys more often? Is there more emphasis being put on keeping guys off the ground? Is there less contact during scrimmages and drills? Inquiring minds want to know.
GAH!!!!!!

Lalalalalala, I'm not listening to this thread.

I must perform various dances to prevent well, you know, the massive rule violation that is this thread.

I asked the Chronic powers that be to follow up on Kubiak's statement at the end of last season, when he said he was going to evaluate all aspects of the team, including issues involving player injuries. I wanted to know what they were doing differently, if anything. I haven't seen an article or video specific to this subject, but maybe I missed it.

The Texans are talking more rest for players who are nicked or who are older--I'm hearing that more this season than last but maybe that is my imagination.
Old 08-07-2007   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Why oh Why did you start this thread.....

"Now performing my sacred indian anti-jinx dance , while burning every piece of wood in the house."
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #12
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

The power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #13
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You want to explain how a Texan OLmen going down is a LMAO situation?
I thought his post was pretty funny myself. It's funny because the thread starts out talking about "not wanting to jinx the team". Then the post says the doctors say it looks like he was jinxed.

Some people need to lighten up. This is the type of thing that I don't like about the merger. To many stiffs.
Old 08-07-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Finally a Healthy Training Camp.... knock on wood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
I thought his post was pretty funny myself. It's funny because the thread starts out talking about "not wanting to jinx the team". Then the post says the doctors say it looks like he was jinxed.

Some people need to lighten up. This is the type of thing that I don't like about the merger. To many stiffs.
I got a chuckle out of it. Even if the guy is a troll (which I personally don't know or care about )
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hate this thread...........

See why you don't start a "healthy training camp" thread before the first preseason game is even played............Bad, bad juju.
Old 08-13-2007   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Finally a Healthy Training Camp.... knock on wood...

What about Joppru? He's done for the year.

Oh, wait sorry - it had become like an annual event here. Now the party's in Seattle.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

God this thread reminds me of some of the Houston Rocket playoff threads over the past few years...

I vote we delete this entire thead. AJ's not coming back until this thread is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I hope you don't "jinx it" too because I'd hate for this to turn into a "Spoke too soon" sort of thread.
Sorry......
Old 10-03-2007   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Obviously, the football gods have frowned upon us.

Quick, burn some astroturf as a sacrifice! We need some positive karma quick!
Old 10-03-2007   #19
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Obviously, the football gods have frowned upon us.

Quick, burn some astroturf as a sacrifice! We need some positive karma quick!

Thanks for digging this one up. I guess I'm now the jackass responsible for all of these injuries.

I did burn my David Carr McFarlane at the last home game if that makes you feel any better.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for digging this one up. I guess I'm now the jackass responsible for all of these injuries.

I did burn my David Carr McFarlane at the last home game if that makes you feel any better.
Jackass.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read