Join Date: May 2004
Rep Power: 55882
beerlovers mock w/info
subject to change prior to completion of playoffs & combines IMO, eat your heart out Kipper-
1. 49ers - Aaron Rogers QB, CAL.
Moneyball a must read if your to understand the direction of 49ers new GM, in a nutshell they will trade their pick, regardless the target is Aaron Rogers.
2. Phins - Cedric Benson RB, Texas.
Everydown back with package of skills, will field offers but no bites.
3. Browns - Alex Barron OT, Florida State.
Cleveland has been begging for a left tackle, finally they fill this need.
4. Bears - Braylon Edwards WR, Michigan.
The most complete WR in the draft, knows how to cope with the cold, diciplined.
5. Bucs - Cadillac Williams RB, Auburn.
My favorite back in this draft, reminds me of Curtis Martin, can't miss prospect.
6. Titans - Derrick Johnson LB, Texas.
Defensive playmaker with speed & athleticism, a no brainer.
7. Raiders - Mike Williams WR, USC.
Maverick move of course, the big bad *** WR Davis covets.
8. Cardinals - Alex Smith QB, Utah.
My favorite QB in this draft, doesn't have the pro skills of Aaron but the mind of Montana.
9. Redskins - Erasmus James DE, Wisconsin.
The best pass rusher barr none, another great defensive catch for Gibbs.
10. Lions - Thomas Davis S, Georgia.
Offense is now stocked and loaded time for a defensive playmaker.
11. Cowboys - Antrell Rolle CB, Miami.
I'm not sure the best corner lasts this long but a great fit for the Cowboys who will bite.
12. Chargers (via Giants) - Jammal Brown OT, Oklahoma.
They need to upgrade the Left Tackle and get a bargin with a franchise LT this late.
13. Texans - Elton Brown, OG Virgina.
Dissappointed? Dont't be, this guy is exaxtly a perfect fit for the Texans, I've wathced him & he can pull like a mother, should be excellent in zone blocking schemes or smash mouth. the #1 priority is protecting David Carr and establishing the run, this guy will be all-pro- a beast......
14. Panthers - Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn.
Injurys to their RB's and the fact one of the three elite backs is still available swings thier pick.
15. Chiefs - Marlin Jackson CB, Michigan.
Secondary is a weakness, this guy is a physical shutdown corner ready to start in the NFL.
16, Saints - Kevin Burnett LB, Tennessee.
Talented linebacker best suited to become a premier OLB in the NFL.
17. Bengals - Anttaj Hawthorne DT, Wisconsin.
Hot position & the best of the lot, which is what the Bengals need.
18. Vikings - Shawn Cody DT, USC.
Will have a great combine, another addition to the Viking DL with fellow USC alum Udeze.
19. Rams - Adam PAC MAN Jones CB, WV.
Don't need to tell you all the Rams need defense, here they grab the second best CB.
20. Cowboys (via Bills) - David Pollack, DE/OLB Georgia.
One would think Parcells would be grinning ear to ear, great production for the future.
21. Jaguars - Brandon Browner CB, OSU.
Will require patience, very young but exceptionally talented, could wind up being the best at his position given time.
22. Ravens - Mark Clayton WR, Oklahoma.
A consistant weapon at WR is needed, the best after Braylon a pure #2.
23. Seahawks - Dan Cody DE, Oklahoma.
Seahawks need a pass rush, happy the second best DE falls to them, will also be aggressive in free agency.
24. Packers - Marcus Spears DT, LSU.
For all you Packer fans, Brett Farve has not retired, yet. address the DL.
25. Broncos - Travis Johnson DT, FSU.
Best pass rushing DT which works with the smaller Denver line @ altitude, high speed.
26. Jets - Heath Miller TE, Virginia.
Pennington needs underneath weapon, take top rated TE in draft, now if he could kick FG's.
27. Falcons - Ernest Shazor S, Michigan.
Since Mora is a defensive mind he sees the awesome potential in Ernest, boy that D is tough.
28. Chargers - Matt Roth DE/OLB, Iowa.
Verstiltiy for Marty, can play OLB in 3-4 & pass rush QB, a Babin clone.
29. Colts - Channing Crowder MLB, Florida.
Colts are soft....only in the middle, until now, some call him mini Ray.
30. Patriots - Carlos Rogers CB, Georgia.
The rich get richer, not fair still a great CB available @ the end of the 1st rd.
31. Eagles - Roddy White WR, UAB.
A darkhorse, who has all the raw skills to compliment TO & that tough Philly crowd.
32. Steelers - Justin Miller CB, Clemson.
Qualtiy, starting CB with speed & size, second in upside only to Brandon Browner.
Last edited by beerlover; 01-17-2005 at 12:27 AM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|