Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2007   #21
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What about Weary at Center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Looks like Mathis isn't fitting in that system either, is he going to get traded?
I'm sure they'd trade him if they could get some value for him, yes... Some of us are surprised he made the team this year.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
And Gado does? I kinda figured Gado fit the "suit up and let a backup FB take your spot at tailback" system.
Gado is a joke...Cook out rushed him last week and the Texans have zero backs that can make anyone miss when Green goes down....When your RB's are Dayne and Cook and Gado doesn't even touch the ball...well, he's worthless.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #23
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Gado is a joke...Cook out rushed him last week and the Texans have zero backs that can make anyone miss when Green goes down....When your RB's are Dayne and Cook and Gado doesn't even touch the ball...well, he's worthless.
I agree whole-haertedly. Unfortunately our last option is Darius Walker. He is not ready to be thrown to the wolves but I highly recommend that he be brought up from the practice squad to get a couple of reps a game. My faith in Green staying healthy has dwindled to nil and Dayne is not an every down back (if he is even an any down back). Walker needs some real game experience, let him make his mistakes and get ripped on the side line, but only allow a couple of carries a game to prevent his mistakes from being disastrous.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #24
austintexanite
All Pro

I thought Mike played pretty good yesterday, we need to get some RB's in the offseason though. If only Taylor didn't get hurt in training camp. I would have liked to have seen him this year.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #25
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be up for anything but flanagan
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #26
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

I must have missed something yesterday. I thought Mike had a strong outing yesterday. He defended the pass well but run blocking doesn't seem to be his strong suit. Schaub was having to evade rushers from the left side but for the most part, the pocket stayed in tact.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #27
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Talking Re: What about Weary at Center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I'd be up for anything but flanagan
I think I see Hodgon raising his hand...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Horror View Post
I think I see Hodgon raising his hand...
He was horrible and he's no longer on the team.
Old 10-02-2007   #29
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
i think a lot of us are thinking the same thing. this would've been a perfect opportunity for him to step in and make a spot for himself...i guess we'll see what he's got next year?
my concern is that instead of seeing what he can do this year developmentally speaking, any sort of draft decision would be based on what Chris Taylor can "potentially" do. I would have loved to have had a year of him as a backup (as opposed to last year as a practice squad guy for all but one game.
barrett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #30
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
my concern is that instead of seeing what he can do this year developmentally speaking, any sort of draft decision would be based on what Chris Taylor can "potentially" do. I would have loved to have had a year of him as a backup (as opposed to last year as a practice squad guy for all but one game.

I expect next year's RBs to include AGreen, CTaylor, and a 3rd or 4th round pick. I think it's very unlikely that we spend huge amounts of money on Michael Turner. I also doubt spending our only premium draft pick (1st rounder) on a RB. I think the staff would be very happy with CTaylor and AGreen as the primary backs and maybe a smallish rookie with very good elusiveness (something like a Leon Washington, Lorenzo Booker type). Again, I think it's clear the coaching staff has a very high opinion of Chris Taylor and he'll be given the chance to win the job.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read