Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2007   #1
fritz145
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 fritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Bryan Pittman talks God and elephantitis

Latest from Bryan Pittman courtesy of the Houston Press:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/..._pittman_2.php

As always, feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and questions.

Thanks for reading!
fritz145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bryan Pittman talks God and elephantitis

Two great quotes:

Quote:
JCF: Looking ahead to this week’s game, you’ve got the winless Atlanta Falcons. Are you guys going in there licking your chops, or are you a bit anxious because you know they have to break through at some point?

BP: I think we’re more worried that they’re a desperate team. We were in the same situation last year when we started off 0-3. Miami came into our place and we were hungry for that first win and we got it. So we can totally put ourselves in their shoes and how they’re feeling. They’re really looking for a win and we’re definitely not going to take them lightly even though they’re 0-3. They’ve had a lot of turnover issues and that’s contributed to their losses, but we’re just gonna go in there and treat them like we would any other team; whether it’s the 2-0 Indianapolis Colts or the 0-3 Atlanta Falcons.
Quote:
JCF: Switching gears for a moment, I hear special teams coach Joe Marciano is quite a character. Tell us your best “Joe” story.

BP: Man, there are so many of them. I’ll try to keep it rated PG. Well, sometimes after our meetings are done, he likes to wrap things up with a clip of some video that he’s edited to his liking. And sometimes he’ll show us some graphic photos of things I’d really rather not mention.

JCF: Can we draw our own conclusions as to what those graphic photos might be?

BP: Pretty much. I mean, if you’re familiar with elephantitis, just picture that with – how do I say this? – with an unfortunate man’s testicles. So we like to show that to all the rookies so that they know to let their nuts drop. But he doesn’t get real crazy, at least not as much as people might think. He does it to keep guys motivated and into the game plan. I mean, it can get monotonous when you’re sitting there with the same routine, same meeting style and all that. So he likes to jazz it up a little bit with his personality and his way of coaching. It gets guys to really adhere to it, so it’s a positive thing for all of us.
Old 09-27-2007   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Odd qoute

Quote:
BP: Well, Ron Dayne took most of the snaps in practice today and I’m not sure about the status of Ahman Green. As far as I know, he’s playing. He’s just going to rest his knee for the next couple of days, but I expect to see him on the field on Sunday.
Odd, because it contradicts what Manfull reported recently.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #4
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Texans trying to pull a Pats?
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read