Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2007   #1
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Haywood Jeffries

Don't know how many of my fellow yellow lotters were hanging around after the game, but I hope you stayed long enough to catch up with Haywood Jeffries.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #2
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Haywood Jeffries

That sucks that I missed that. I heard him on the radio a few weeks ago. What group was he hanging with?
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That is too cool. Glad to see some of the old Oilers out there supporting the Texans.

Old 09-11-2007   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Don't know how many of my fellow yellow lotters were hanging around after the game, but I hope you stayed long enough to catch up with Haywood Jeffries.

Man, that's cool! We stayed until the golf cart cops asked us to vacate the premises, but did not get a chance to see HJ. He was always one of my favorite players form the r&s days. Glad he's being embraced by Houston Texans fans, too.
Old 09-12-2007   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

IMO, HJ gets dismissed from consideration as a good player because of the system that he played within. I hate that, because I firmly believe HJ would have been a successful receiver in any offense. He was one of the first of the big, fast, leaping WRs that became so popular throughout the '90s. In terms of talent and ability, I think he was every bit as good as Irvin and Cris Carter, but without the long-term stats.
Old 09-12-2007   #6
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

[IMG][/IMG]

HJ is great!! This was from last year but hung out with him for about 2 hours after the game and wouldn't mind doing it again!! He is great guy!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man likes his Bud Lite! LOL

Those were the good ol' days. Jeffries and Slaughter...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2007   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

That's amazing! I love seeing him hanging out with the fans. Haywood Jeffries was my favorite player on the Oilers at the time. I loved his sideline 'body out but two feet in' catches. I don't think anyone else did them better.

That's a great honor to meet Jeffries in a scenario like that. I've met my share of professional athletes parking their cars at clubs. Too many times, I've seen them do what Haywood appears to be doing in those two photos. They're people too. And people need people.

Great stuff!
Old 09-15-2007   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

The was a Green Bay Packer Super Bowl champion in the orange lot at the Cowboys game. I don't remember who he was (way to much to drink) but he was sporting the bling ring.

HJ can come over for a bud lite any time he wants.
Old 09-19-2007   #10
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob Sura was hanging with Texan Mojo... two seasons ago. Not sure where he's hanging now.

Celebs love the Yellow Lot.

bpe3

bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I wish the chronicle guys would do some kind of where are they now about the fab four... HJ, Drew Hill, Curtis Duncan, and Ernest Givins. I know a couple of them are coaching high school and/or semi-pro football now.

Anyway - interesting thing about Haywood is that his last name is actually spelled Jeffires, not Jeffries. It makes no sense phonetically, but it's true. Weird, huh?

I'd love to have a beer with him and talk about the good 'ol Oiler days.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #12
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

My friends and I used to call him "Celebration Station" because of how often he would celebrate onfield.
Old 09-21-2007   #13
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Man, I wish the chronicle guys would do some kind of where are they now about the fab four... HJ, Drew Hill, Curtis Duncan, and Ernest Givins. I know a couple of them are coaching high school and/or semi-pro football now.

Anyway - interesting thing about Haywood is that his last name is actually spelled Jeffires, not Jeffries. It makes no sense phonetically, but it's true. Weird, huh?

I'd love to have a beer with him and talk about the good 'ol Oiler days.
You should drop a line to McClain about that. He loves to write about the Oiler days.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

That's not a bad idea. I trade emails with him fairly often... I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read