Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2007   #41
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans tackle holds own against Peppers

T-Rex has sort of quitely turned into a top notch RT. IMO, in about the top ten of RTs at this point and still seems to be getting better. This is a very good thing. No more "Danger Will Robinson, Danger" coming from the right side and he is a devastating run blocker.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #42
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
T-Rex has sort of quitely turned into a top notch RT. IMO, in about the top ten of RTs at this point and still seems to be getting better. This is a very good thing. No more "Danger Will Robinson, Danger" coming from the right side and he is a devastating run blocker.
Good, let's give him a small, dead dinosaur.

NO, I take that back. Let's give him a live croc and see if he eats it!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #43
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Captain Caveman came with his risks. He had a kneee injury, and that was one of the main reasons he fell to the third round. But before the knee injury, he was considered one of the best left tackles in college football. For that reason, he was a steal in the third round. Assuming certain things never happen, he will remain a great selection.

If Big Nasty doesn't play this year, I think he's career's over. I've seen several players try to come back from injuries that kept them out for multiple years, and I just think the odds are against him returning. More likely, the Texans will draft a LT next year or pick up another journeyman like Black. I hope not, but I think that will be the trend.

I'm not convinced the Texans o-line is playing that well. They are still making mistakes. I think the play-makers are covering up shoddy play from Salaam and the inside.

Last edited by Texans Horror; 09-21-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read