Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2005   #41
Bob_A
Rookie

The Browns. I hope it's the Week 1 home opener. I want that one real bad.
Bob_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #42
fresno8
Veteran

San Francisco. Get to see my Texans in person for the 1st time.
And I get to see Carr play for the 1st time since he left Fresno.
And finally we're going to shut up a bunch of 49ER fans around here. We did it to the Raiders this year I loved it.
Old 01-12-2005   #43
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

With this coaching staff ----------- NONE.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #44
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
With this coaching staff ----------- NONE.
thats brutal Ibar how many here actaully believe this coaching staff will remain intact through the Texans first Superbowl victory? Probably not many & certainly not the ideal situation to survive the trials & tribulations of an expansion franchise, just too many unexpected bumps along the road. The present coaching staff are laying the framework & foundation for years to come, so it will probably take another group to come in & take it over the top but for now we are in good hands.

that being said, not a single regular season game overwhelmes me but to host a wildcard game would indeed be wild and fire up the locals & it doesn't matter who its against just that it happens.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #45
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

The coaching staff isn't doing that bad a job.. the play calling is a lil suspect but other then that we'll be ok
Old 01-12-2005   #46
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan#80
Will you boo Beltran?

I know this is way off subject, but I had to ask!

Why boo him? He didn't want to be here, the Stros didn't really want him here (ownership...)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #47
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koruptified
Oh please. Don't think that because you swept us this year you will continue to do it. You guys used the excuse that your team was flat on certain losses... well, so do we. And we were EXTREMELY flat on our last meeting.
Perhaps you do not undestand the irony of the statement you responded to. It was Jaguar players dismissing the Texans by saying Houston was not a rival of their's. They stated it was Houston that was making the big deal about the rivalry.

A sweep of the Jags this season would suggest that Jacksonville should take the Texans more seriously.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #48
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With this coaching staff ----------- NONE
Somehow I think you would interject your negativity in the "no football talk allowed" forum. Your takes are old Ibar.
Old 01-12-2005   #49
redlion
Rookie

probably the Steelers game.

and boo beltran, no way. thank him for giving us the best run at the WS we've seen in houston, without him last year , it would'nt have been as exciting. Still sucks that he went to the Mets though.
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #50
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Beltran will be booed, but Boras is the guy who deserves it the most.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #51
Koruptified
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Perhaps you do not undestand the irony of the statement you responded to. It was Jaguar players dismissing the Texans by saying Houston was not a rival of their's. They stated it was Houston that was making the big deal about the rivalry.

A sweep of the Jags this season would suggest that Jacksonville should take the Texans more seriously.
I don't think that the Jaguars and Texans are "rivals" right now. I don't think that a team playing in a divion makes them rivals. I simply commented on the whole "slapping around" comment.

In my opinion, the Steelers and Titans are the only ones I consider Jacksonville's rivals, however, given a few more years, the Texans may be in my sights. Indy... I'm not sure if I'd consider them a rival... yet.

And obviously the Jaguars underestimated the Texans otherwise we wouldn't have lost so prominently. I hope they don't do it next year.

Everyone... just make sure that you don't make the mistake the Jaguars did this year. They underestimated Jacksonville and because of the way you swept us, you guys are starting to underestimate us now.
Koruptified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #52
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They underestimated Jacksonville and because of the way you swept us, you guys are starting to underestimate us now.
Some posters on a message board may, but the team obviously doesn't.

2004 Texans 41
2004 Jaguars 6

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #53
Koruptified
Rookie

What does that have to do with next year? We underestimated you guys twice... we lost. Do you not think that the Texans will underestimate us because of the 41-6 margin of victory? If they are anything like the posters here, they will by next year since the Texans posters started underestimating us after the first game.
Koruptified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #54
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you not think that the Texans will underestimate us because of the 41-6 margin of victory?
No, I don't. I think it is rare for an NFL team to underestimate another NFL team--happens, but not as much as fans think. NFL teams do not underestimate the same team twice in the same season--period, unless the team bus is actually three short yellow school buses.
Old 01-13-2005   #55
texman8
Veteran

Scoreboard! Self - Denial is a pitiful excuse.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005   #56
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wellllll!!! Back to the origianl topic! I am definitely looking forward to the Niner/Texan matchup simply because they are my two favorite teams in the NFL, with the TEXANS raking #1, of course! And I will be visiting one of my favorite cities in the USA, San Fran!! Can't wait!!

None of the home games really blew me away, I will make them all anyway!

The Bills will definitely be a good game!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005   #57
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Looking for the 3rd annual roadie in JAX (after NO, Den.) at ALLtel in '05. i wouldn't say that is my most anticipated gama, but I can't wait to go see the Texans do the Jags AGAIN in that half empty stadium.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read