Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-19-2007   #1
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Being interviewed on Maryland radio tonight

I was just contacted by some sports radio show in Maryland. They want to interview me about the Texans tonight. They mentioned they are featuring the Colts/Texans matchup and wanted to get a feel from the Texans perspective. I'll let everyone know how that goes. It really cracks me up what a 2-0 start will do, even for a webmaster of a Texans fan site.

If anyone has any suggestions on some things I should talk about feel free to suggest.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Being interviewed on Maryland radio tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I was just contacted by some sports radio show in Maryland. They want to interview me about the Texans tonight. They mentioned they are featuring the Colts/Texans matchup and wanted to get a feel from the Texans perspective. I'll let everyone know how that goes. It really cracks me up what a 2-0 start will do, even for a webmaster of a Texans fan site.

If anyone has any suggestions on some things I should talk about feel free to suggest.
Very Nice!!!

No suggestions other than tell it like it is... We're stoked, but we also are realists too.
Old 09-19-2007   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats Kevin!! Give um an ear full!! BUT PLEASE stay away from the past! You know what I mean!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would mention how tough the AFC South has become. That 3 of the 4 Colts losses last year were inside the division.

You might want to relate how Schaub reassured the defense after getting down 0-14. And how guys like Dunta responded.

With AJ being out, Jacoby Jones might be the wildcard. Describe how electric Jones was in the preseason.

And mention how an improved and healthy Mario will line up across the Colts rookie LT Tony Ugoh.
Old 09-19-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, you may want to mention that the Blew Crew in the Platinum Lot, ROCKS!!!
Old 09-19-2007   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tell them KEYE still sucks.
Old 09-19-2007   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

They are probably Redskins fans so tell them how excited we are that it took Kubiak and Smith only a year to rescue us from the abyss that Casserly created.

I would spend 30 seconds on the new attitude permeating the locker room and the sideline. Our guys believe in themselves and think they can win every game for the first time ever - even (gasp) on Sunday without Andre Johnson.

You might also mention the 2-0 start not being a fluke [8-7 record since Week 4 of last season]

I was on The John Castleberry show on 102.1 FM The Game WXTG-FM Virginia Beach, VA a few weeks ago. They were interested in the Texans in general and Schaub and Lundy in particular. I brought up Mathis since he went to college in their back yard and they were kind of like 'oh yeah, Mathis...'

Make sure you're in a quiet place with no background noise on your best phone. A couple years ago I did one of these things for a station in Orlando and my cockatiel started going nuts halfway through the interview and I had to bolt to another room in the house.

Speak loud and clear. Crisp concise and confident thoughts. Have fun with it...

Last edited by aj.; 09-19-2007 at 07:10 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Right on, man! Represent Texansland!

Like aj. mentioned, they are probably Redskins fans, so I'd definitely take a chance to rag on the Cowboys and gain some extra fans in the D.C. area.
Old 09-19-2007   #9
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell them about Shiner Bock, no wait, nevermind!
Good luck, it couldnt hurt to mention our revolution going on here in the ATX.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #10
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't forget to tell him about Shotgun30!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

And most importantly tell them that there are Houston fans in MD. I, unfortuently, am a Maryland resident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #12
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the tips guys. I will mention some of these points. Oh and Grandma, if they ask me what is the biggest difference with the team this year is I will have to be honest, however I will try to be kind.
Old 09-19-2007   #13
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

OK, that was kinda fun. I think I actually sounded like I knew what I was talking about. They basically asked me about Schaub and what was the biggest reason for the turn around. I actually pulled it off by not bringing up Carr but instead talking about everything Schaub is doing and the difference he is making with the o line, the attitude of the club, etc. Basically I brought out most of ajs points.

They wanted me to give a prediction of the game. I just told them that I thought it would be close game and that the Texans will probably step it up another notch due to the fact that AJ is out.
Old 09-19-2007   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

That's cool that they asked for an interview. Has that happened before?

Good job, I'm sure you represented Texans Nation well.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #15
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
That's cool that they asked for an interview. Has that happened before?

Good job, I'm sure you represented Texans Nation well.
I've been asked to do internet radio shows but not over the air radio shows before. I did confirm that they found out about us via that ESPN plug.
Old 09-19-2007   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, congratulations are in order. Nice work dude!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read