Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2005   #41
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan#80
If you recall we played Miami in the season opener last year, and San Diego in the season opener this year ('04). We're not even scheduled to play the cowboys in '05. Get with it!!
I never said season opener. But I was mistaken we played the Cowboys Week 2 of the 2003 preseason. We played them week 1 of 2002 & 2004. But nonetheless we will play the Cowboys in 2005. In the preseason. What I was trying to say is: The MNF game I want to see is our REGULAR SEASON game against the Cowboys in 2006.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #42
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid
I never said season opener. But I was mistaken we played the Cowboys Week 2 of the 2003 preseason. We played them week 1 of 2002 & 2004. But nonetheless we will play the Cowboys in 2005. In the preseason. What I was trying to say is: The MNF game I want to see is our REGULAR SEASON game against the Cowboys in 2006.
I would need 3 days to recover. But kick *ss if that happened.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #43
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The 2006 game will be in Dallas.

I have heard rumblings that both teams would like to have their next preseason game in Mexico where the NFL is very popular.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005   #44
Koruptified
Rookie

I highly doubt that the Jaguars and Texans will have a MNF game. I also doubt that the Texans will have a MNF game in 2005.

The ONLY game that I know for sure will be a MNF game is Jaguars @ Steelers. When the Steelers came to Jacksonville, it was the best game of the year and if I remember correctly, had the highest ratings.

And to whoever said there should be a Arizona vs Texans MNF game, thats just stupid. I would hate to watch that game.
Koruptified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005   #45
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

Here's to the Jags vs Texans on MNF!!
JacksonvilleJaguar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005   #46
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a quick thought on the earlier post indicating that Miami gets a MNF game no matter what...true till now. It WAS a relatively safe call for ABC because it's been a VERY long time since Miami's had a truly down year. Plus, the weather's usually great in South Florida after mid-September.

BUT...I heard a radio interview of Chris Berman on Hank Goldberg's show here in Miami this morning in which they both said MNF wouldn't be back in Miami for a long time. (This was after Berman also piled onto the city of Jacksonville as a cruddy Super Bowl host...) Berman joked that he'd have to sneak to Florida with the Thursday night crew next fall for a 'Canes game just to have a shot at getting some sun.

That said, I don't think we'll be seeing Miami or Houston on Monday night in '05. Could've done it with a win in Cleveland, playing on the same sympathy card that got the Bengals back on this year, but not after finishing like that.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #47
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
That said, I don't think we'll be seeing Miami or Houston on Monday night in '05. Could've done it with a win in Cleveland, playing on the same sympathy card that got the Bengals back on this year, but not after finishing like that.
So if we had lost at Jacksonville and beaten Cleveland handily instead, would we have gotten a MNF game in your opinion? I tend to disagree. I think there is a decent chance we get a MNF. If we do, it will probably be in Houston. We play competitively here. The last time we were blown out at home was our 2003 home opener (K.C.). It is a pretty safe bet you will get a good game in Reliant Stadium. Plus this team is slowly on the rise. I'm guessing we will be picked around 9-7 by many "experts."
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #48
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
I almost hope we don't. I hate MNF. It's total ****. They deserve to get the **** games they are always choosing because they anticipate poorly. I hate that the NFL is going to help them out next year with flexibility in choosing games closer to the air date.

If we have to have a MNF game, I hope it's at home so that I can be at the game, not at home having to watch their lame broadcast.
ABC isn't fully to blame for their choices. Sure, they anticipate poorly, but they have to make their choices at the beginning of the season and they only get what's left after the other Networks protect their best matchup.

It would be a scheduling nightmare to get every team on MNF each year. Besides, do you really want to watch Miami at San Fran on MNF?
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #49
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

as I wrote a few weeks ago....

I think the Texans have a good shot of getting on MNF.

Here are my reasons.....

1. Because of the style of play the Texans rarely get blown out. So you can usually count on a good game.

2. Unlike Cinci, Cleveland, and Jax....Houston is not a small market team. Houston is a mid-big market team, with deep pockets and w/ Tons of Corporate sponsors.

Where is football bigger than in Texas?

3. Houston has some good "off the ball stories". I.E. The Golden boy David Carr, the humble superstar Andre Johnson, rising Rookie star Dunta Robertson.

4. Many expect the Texans to be a playoff caliber team next year. The Texans are on the rise, there is no reason they should not be better next year than they were this year.

5. Mark my words. The Texans will be on Monday Night football next year. The game will be in Houston. They will be requested by the Network to make it a BATTLE RED game, which the Texans will happily do.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #50
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will have a MNF game next year. The Jags, Colts or Steelers are good possibilities.
Nice stadium + Team that plays close games at home + Loud Crowd = Great MNF game
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #51
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
as I wrote a few weeks ago....

I think the Texans have a good shot of getting on MNF.

Here are my reasons.....

1. Because of the style of play the Texans rarely get blown out. So you can usually count on a good game.

2. Unlike Cinci, Cleveland, and Jax....Houston is not a small market team. Houston is a mid-big market team, with deep pockets and w/ Tons of Corporate sponsors.

Where is football bigger than in Texas?

3. Houston has some good "off the ball stories". I.E. The Golden boy David Carr, the humble superstar Andre Johnson, rising Rookie star Dunta Robertson.

4. Many expect the Texans to be a playoff caliber team next year. The Texans are on the rise, there is no reason they should not be better next year than they were this year.

5. Mark my words. The Texans will be on Monday Night football next year. The game will be in Houston. They will be requested by the Network to make it a BATTLE RED game, which the Texans will happily do.
IM READY!!! that pumped me up! and lets get that game so i can make a sign that says "madden, circle me with your pen!"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read