Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-10-2007   #161
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TENNheads say Super Bowl for Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I do not understand the animosity towards the Titans right now.

Yes we may be the division leader but we also took down the Jaguars at home which puts them under the gun.

The Jags get to lick there wounds next week at home with Atlanta. I have a feeling the dog beaters are going to go down hard core but the true test will be back in Denver the following week.

It is almost sad to read this thread on the Jags MB.

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic340327-7-1.aspx
Division leader how?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #162
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Division leader how?

Thought you would never ask ...

If the season were to end today the tie breaker goes to the Titans for a better division record. If it makes you feel better the Texans would be #2 because of the Confrence W.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #163
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
why? I don't think our fan base will ever feel kindly to the Titans. I know we are a bunch of individuals and we all think for ourselves and we all do not think alike...but I think it is safe to say that most of the older long time fans won't ever like anything about the Titans. The Jags suck, but the Titans are still the team that split from Houston and Bud is still evil in our collective eyes.
The question is more rhetorical. Just like when I ask the Jag fans why they can not cheer our wins. I expect the '99 season to be brought up eventually.

Old 09-10-2007   #164
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ToneBlue View Post
Seems you don't know anything about the discussion we were having, although felt right at home jumping in.
I started the thread. I'll lead it where I want. Sorry that I hit a sore spot about your D not being as good as ours. It's a given that your RB/QB isn't.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #165
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I started the thread. I'll lead it where I want. Sorry that I hit a sore spot about your D not being as good as ours. It's a given that your RB/QB isn't.

Thought you'd have better smack talk than that... Guess you still need some games under your belt or something you were posting earlier?

Our defense was one of the things our team is most proud of right now. Not a sore spot at all. I'm sure you don't read the Tennessean much so here:

Quote:
Defensive run sends a message
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....7/1027/RSS0201
Enjoy some "edemumcation" about how we feel about our defense. You're more than welcome to come to our "over moderated" boards (as you call'm) and view what fans think too (plus GT and others I've seen you lurking around)

Show me where the fans are concerned/upset/worried about our defense? Honestly it would be a first I saw something to that effect.
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #166
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Show me where the fans are concerned/upset/worried about our defense? Honestly it would be a first I saw something to that effect.

Sorry then. You just got your panties twisted pretty quick when I brought it up. Your team is decent and did a fair job on a bad team in flux. Your Offense will have to score more than 13 points to scare anyone though.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #167
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
If the season were to end today the tie breaker goes to the Titans for a better division record. If it makes you feel better the Texans would be #2 because of the Confrence W.
I guess you have find your optimism somewhere...

Obviously the Colts own this division until proven otherwise. Just because we both beat them last year, they are still the defending NFL Champions and have worn the division title for too many years to count.
Old 09-10-2007   #168
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Sorry then. You just got your panties twisted pretty quick when I brought it up. Your team is decent and did a fair job on a bad team in flux. Your Offense will have to score more than 13 points to scare anyone though.
Completely agree with needing to put more points on the board. Although most teams don't have the line that Jacksonville has.

First time on the 3 yard line, TD was wide open for Vince to run, but he tried to pass instead and it was defended. There was NOBODY in front of him, and he didn't run, that's progress in the area of looking at his options.

LenDale got stuffed on a questionable play call. I wouldn't have had LenDale try to sweep outside, just have him smash it in, but hey I'm not the OC.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda's are what they're reviewing for the next game. Correct some of the minor errors and we should be good for this weekend against the Dolts!
Old 09-10-2007   #169
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Got nothing to say about our 'backup QB', 'eh?
Notice I did not try to run this smack again .....

And the reason I was running it in the first place went right back for the Woderlic banana. Silver Backs are so predictable

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=30902

It is amost embarassing to read if you are a Texans fan but I guess each fan base has its own goons.

Old 09-10-2007   #170
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Completely agree with needing to put more points on the board. Although most teams don't have the line that Jacksonville has.

First time on the 3 yard line, TD was wide open for Vince to run, but he tried to pass instead and it was defended. There was NOBODY in front of him, and he didn't run, that's progress in the area of looking at his options.

LenDale got stuffed on a questionable play call. I wouldn't have had LenDale try to sweep outside, just have him smash it in, but hey I'm not the OC.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda's are what they're reviewing for the next game. Correct some of the minor errors and we should be good for this weekend against the Dolts!
Could LenDale even make it to the outside?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #171
TexanRevolution
Tejano Diablo

Rep Power: 12 TexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVP

Quote:
I do not understand the animosity towards the Titans right now.
What's not to hate? See the Carolina smack thread.
TexanRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #172
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Could LenDale even make it to the outside?
Just as good as anyone else, Green had 73 yards, White 66 yards.

4th and goal on the 1 isn't really the time to send a 240 lb back to the outside, just my opinion though.
Old 09-11-2007   #173
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so what you are saying is, his brain couldn't comprehend the conflicting messages it was receiving?

-the coaches want him to pass but receiver is covered
-the run was wide open but coach wants him to pass
-brain overload-meltdown
-force pass into coverage from the 3?

a Rhodes Scholar he ain't.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read