Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chiefs news

Might be time to start one of these up:

http://www.810whb.com/scripts/archiv...?article=15183

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Though his roster remained fluid at its lowest levels, Herm Edwards saw his starting lineup solidify Monday as his Chiefs began preparations for Sunday's season opener in Houston.

Kansas City welcomed left tackle Damion McIntosh back to practice for the first time since he injured a knee Aug. 1 in training camp. The former Kansas State left tackle, the first free agent signed by the Chiefs this year, is hoping to play against the Texans, Edwards said.

"I just assume he's going to be ready,'' Edwards said. "Will he have a full load? I don't know that yet. We'll seek as the week goes along.''

Edwards also confirmed that Kyle Turley would open at right tackle, though he could still split time with Chris Terry.

Settling in at the right tackle spot seems to have worked well for Turley.

His attempt to come back from almost two years of football inactivity following career-threatening back surgery was hindered last year by his reduced weight (275 pounds) and the team's desire to move him to left tackle, not his natural position. The suddenly undersized Turley played the first two games at left tackle and five more at right tackle, but was injured and inactive for five others. The Chiefs released him at the end of the season, but re-signed him in the summer for another shot.

"He got his weight up (to 306) for one,'' Edwards said of the improvements Turley made over the past year. "He's not flipping and flopping between right and left tackle now, either. Last year he came in wanting to play tight end, but that's Turley. That's why I like the guy.''

Edwards also announced Monday that young veteran Jimmy Wilkerson will open at right defensive end when Jared Allen serves the first game of his two-game league suspension.
So it's starting to look like their O-line may be closer to full strengh.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chiefs news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
So it's starting to look like their O-line may be closer to full strengh.
Fully staffed, but not close to full strength in comparison to the OL they had two years ago.
Old 09-05-2007   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Fully staffed, but not close to full strength in comparison to the OL they had two years ago.
I'm really looking forward to the match-ups across the OL to see how our young guns fare, if Mario can get off to a good start it could bode diaster for a depleated KC line

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'm really looking forward to the match-ups across the OL to see how our young guns fare, if Mario can get off to a good start it could bode diaster for a depleated KC line
If the D can slow down LJ, even if it reguires 8 in the box; and force Huard to beat them I think we'll have a great shot at a W.

Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The question is not if we can slow down their offense. Our defense is going to give up a few points early in the year, and thsi game will be no exception. I expect them to score anywhere from 10 to 21 points solely based on the fact that we are notoriously poor against pass catching TEs AND against bruisers like LJ.

The MAIN question I have is can our offense move the ball against this defense? Lets not forget that while our D was much improved last year statistically, the Chiefs were a surprise too, surrendering something like the 11th fewest points per game. They've since then revamped their LB corp, they've revamped their secondary, and bolstered their DL. And Edwards is a good D coach.
Old 09-05-2007   #6
Vega
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vega is on the Pro-Bowl ballotVega is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3005400

Looks like LJ will be held back a bit.

Quote:
"Larry is going to be on a little bit of a leash early," coach Herman Edwards said Tuesday. "He has to get his legs underneath him. Michael's healthy, which is good. We feel very comfortable with the runners we have now. It's not all on L.J., which is good."
That should help. Michael Bennett just doesn't make you that nervous.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #7
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Mario is going up against a guy he recorded 1.5 sacks on or a converted DE; I like those odds.
Old 09-05-2007   #8
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread and change the subject...but we don't need TWO Cheifs threads, they don't deserve that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3005400

Quote:
Larry Johnson set an NFL record in 2006 with 416 rushing attempts. In the early going of this season, the Chiefs' top running back will see a lighter workload, however.

After a 25-day holdout, nobody expects Johnson to be at his peak at Houston.

Backup Michael Bennett, recovered from the bumps and bruises that slowed him last year, will probably carry much of the load early.

"Larry is going to be on a little bit of a leash early," coach Herman Edwards said Tuesday. "He has to get his legs underneath him. Michael's healthy, which is good. We feel very comfortable with the runners we have now. It's not all on L.J., which is good."

Playing behind Priest Holmes, Johnson saw little action in his first two seasons, then became the full-time starter in 2005. In the past two years, Johnson has rushed for 3,539 yards and 37 touchdowns.
Seems like the Cheifs themselves feel like LJ might not be ready, I am really feeling good this game. I also wonder how Dunta will be after being robbed, I hope he is pissed off and ready to hit...

Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #9
Padrino
chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The question is not if we can slow down their offense. Our defense is going to give up a few points early in the year, and thsi game will be no exception. I expect them to score anywhere from 10 to 21 points solely based on the fact that we are notoriously poor against pass catching TEs AND against bruisers like LJ.

The MAIN question I have is can our offense move the ball against this defense? Lets not forget that while our D was much improved last year statistically, the Chiefs were a surprise too, surrendering something like the 11th fewest points per game. They've since then revamped their LB corp, they've revamped their secondary, and bolstered their DL. And Edwards is a good D coach.
thats a very good take on the game and i agree. i can't wait to see how our D plays against your best players
Padrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #10
quicksilver
Overweight

I don't see why we should believe anything a coach says before a game. Herm (and every other head coach in the NFL) has every reason to employ every misdirection he can in everything he says before we hit the field Sunday.
Old 09-05-2007   #11
Padrino
chiefs fan

very true. they all are BS artists. why give away your hand.
plus, isn't a "light load" for LJ around 25 carries?
Padrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #12
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino View Post
very true. they all are BS artists. why give away your hand.
plus, isn't a "light load" for LJ around 25 carries?
Yeah lol good point.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, over/under at 23 carries.

I'll go under.
Old 09-05-2007   #14
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

LJ wont be getting that many carries, the less the better for us

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'll go under.
I'll take the over. I think all of Herms good intentions will go out the window as the game goes on and they are wantng to win.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

all I can say is we better prep like it is LJ.... this is the regular season folks..every game means something esp for the Chiefs with San Diego in their division and esp in the AFC
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #17
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

i am confident we can hold larry to under 100 yards

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #18
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Over 23 carries and over 100 yards, although it's going to take 32 carries. No way does Edwards hold back on LJ, even the Texans are game planning like he's the premier back. When it comes to the NFL, "You play to win the game....hello!"
Old 09-07-2007   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131624 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'll go under.
I'm in the over camp....unless we jump out and take the lead and can control the clock. Otherwise, they are cramming him down our throats.

I never bought the coachspeak that he would not see many touches the first game...he is the Chiefs best player and he will touch the ball quite a bit unless we get out to a big lead. He knows their offense and RB's don't need much camp (just ask LT). With our new offense (one that finally sports a real starting caliber NFL QB for a nice change of pace) we may be able to put some teams in the hole and control the tempo of the game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #20
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I will take the under for the 25 caries and 100 yards. Although I did start him on my FF team.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read