Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-28-2007   #1
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trading LT

Long story short I missed my draft time. Luckily I had the first pick so I have LT on my team. Unfortunetly my starting QB is VY and backup Chad Pennington.

Here's the proposed trade:

LT and either VY or Pennington

for

Peyton Manning and Willis McGhee

What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Trading LT

Don't do it. Look for a guy you can pick up on waivers or if nothing there look to shop for a lesser QB some other player you've got on your team.

Maybe look at grabbing Big Ben, Schaub, Kitna, Lossman, etc. They should come at a relatively cheap price. Maybe give up a wideout or something along with VY.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Long story short I missed my draft time. Luckily I had the first pick so I have LT on my team. Unfortunetly my starting QB is VY and backup Chad Pennington.

for

What do you think?
I would do it in a heart beat, perferr if it was Pennington. While Young is a highlight real and not great fantasy value persay, I have heard rumblings that penning might not start the whole year. his play in the PRESEASON was not steller.
Old 08-28-2007   #4
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

there is no possible way to get enough value from LT to unload him.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
his play in the PRESEASON was not steller.
Pennington is known for having terrible pre-seasons.
Old 08-28-2007   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade for Jason Campbell. Take my word, he'll do great.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Trade for Jason Campbell. Take my word, he'll do great.
I live in DC. I've heard great things about him HOWEVER he has not been up to speed on the playbook and with Portis and Betts in the backfield (with a first time starting QB) they will run the ball A LOT. He's a FA, but we have limited roster moves. This is a pay to play league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2007   #8
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Most people who are not so jaded over Young would realize that having LT and Young will net more points then McGahee and Manning. LT alone will probably make up 3/4 of the points. Add to that a running QB who will get passing and rushing yards it would seem you are set.

Only thing to worry about is the curse .... which either LT or Young most likely have.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I live in DC. I've heard great things about him HOWEVER he has not been up to speed on the playbook and with Portis and Betts in the backfield (with a first time starting QB) they will run the ball A LOT. He's a FA, but we have limited roster moves. This is a pay to play league.
I've heard he's been studying since the end of last season and was by far the most impressive player in Training Camp. Then again, I live in Houston, not DC.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

No way I'd make this trade. Even if the Madden Curse hits Vince, you can still pick up a serviceable QB on the waiver wire.

VY has way too much upside and LT is the crown jewel of any fantasy team.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #11
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on the scoring structure in your league.

IN my league, top-tier running backs are worth more than QBs in general.

If it was my league, I would keep LT and find a QB somewhere else that puts up decent numbers. They aren't that hard to find.

You have the top tier guy in the RB position. You can manage at the QB postion.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #12
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Don't do it, mate!!

LT is fantasy gold, man. You'd come off worse in any trade. Surely you can get a workable, no-thrills QB off waivers?

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Most people who are not so jaded over Young would realize that having LT and Young will net more points then McGahee and Manning. LT alone will probably make up 3/4 of the points. Add to that a running QB who will get passing and rushing yards it would seem you are set.

Only thing to worry about is the curse .... which either LT or Young most likely have.
this is exactly how i built my team in a dynasty league..we all get 10 keepers. My first 4 picks?

LT
VY
Jerious Norwood
Reggie Brown.

Im going to have to upgrade my recieving corp next year, but meh. I like my chances with that foundation. Geniuses in my league didn't realize that passing touchdowns count for only 4 points, rushing touchdowns 6. Add that to the fact that 10 rush yards=1 point, where as 25 passing yards=1 point....vy and LT will crush that league.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

for

What do you think?
You're about to commit fantasy football suicide if you get rid of LT period.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #15
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

it would be alot cheaper and better to trade for someone like a roethlisberger who is probably someone's back up qb, but he could be a good fantasy starter. Maybe give away VY for Roethlisberger and maybe another running back to add depth.
Old 08-30-2007   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

trading LT is a bad trade any way you look at it. Peyton is a luxury. Anyone that made Peyton a Top10 pick is really screwing up. He scores enough points to justify it but in most leagues RB are so much more valuable than a Peyton at QB. He is a luxury. A nice one but a luxury nonetheless. I got Bulger in the early 6th Round of my league and being patient with drafting a QB is going to pay off big.

I just hope Marshawn Lynch blows up because I kinda reached on him in the late 3rd Round. I think he may put some impressive numbers in Bill Country and once McGahee got picked one pick too early for me to choose him, I had to go with Lynch's upside over drafting a WR or a QB.
Old 09-03-2007   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You're about to commit fantasy football suicide if you get rid of LT period.
yep...the last guy I'd trade on any team would be LT.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chad Pennington will be a stud this year. Mark it down.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Chad Pennington will be a stud this year. Mark it down.
Nope...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #20
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What do you think?
I think, you don't trade LT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read