Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2007   #21
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Over on the Chiefs board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I'm going to have to take your word for it, but the post you just typed is in the same form of sentence phrasing and wording. You have got to work on that if you want people to take you seriously. I know you are passionate about this team and I think it's great, but sports are not everything and you need to spend some time practing english composition. Punctuaton exists for a reason, know when to use it. It will make your thoughts flow more freely and add the pause at the appropriate time to create the right amount of anticipation and meaning. I'm not ragging on you man, just trying to help you out. It's tough to read your posts sometimes.
Good feedback, but maybe you could have PMed him so you wouldn't embarrass him in front of the entire board. I know that wasn't your intention, but that was the result. I'm a teacher too, and I wouldn't call any of my students out like that in front of the entire class.

It is very good advise though, and well stated.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #22
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Good feedback, but maybe you could have PMed him so you wouldn't embarrass him in front of the entire board. I know that wasn't your intention, but that was the result. I'm a teacher too, and I wouldn't call any of my students out like that in front of the entire class.

It is very good advise though, and well stated.
FYI....I did PM him, but it was after the fact. To be honest with you, I wasn't trying to be rude. Kids these days get away from correct grammar due to the text messaging and short hand writing that goes on. He was asked about this same thing the other day and he admitted to writting like that due to his "texting habits". When you constantly abbreviate everything and run things together, it's tough to read. That's it, plain and simple.
Old 09-05-2007   #23
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino View Post
how do you go about choosing the rival site of the week? chiefsplanet is much bigger and they're used to silly trolls. you should stop in for some good debate
Read the sticky thread at the top of the board, it says something like "rival site of the week"
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #24
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
...make sure it makes complete sense to you, as well as to someone who isn't your alternate personality living in your head.
But why, he and I see things the same way??
Old 09-06-2007   #25
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
That had to have been that MattSchaub#8 character. That post on the Chiefs board is basically the same thing he posted yesterday on Yahoo when he started a thread called "Bigist come pack team is Texans."
Now, that title made me spill my coffee
Old 09-06-2007   #26
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino View Post
how do you go about choosing the rival site of the week? chiefsplanet is much bigger and they're used to silly trolls. you should stop in for some good debate
Rival sites are part of the F2FA.com network which is a network of chosen NFL team fan sites. We represent the Texans over there and are required to link to the teams that we play each week.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read