Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-25-2007   #1
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Your Fantasy Team

Post your fantasy team (if you have one). I joined at NFL.Com. My team is:

The Guerillas:

QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Willis McGahee
RB2: Brian Westbrook
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2: Jerry Porter (I hope to get rid of him)
WR3: Laveranues Coles
TE: Owen Daniels
K: Shayne Graham
Defense: Cowboys

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-25-2007 at 05:13 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #2
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP
Default Re: Your Fantasy Team

Brad's Army consists of:

Matt Schaub @ QB

Ahman Green @ RB1

Laurence Maroney @ RB 2

Andre Johnson @ WR1

Bernard Berrian @ WR2

Jerry Porter @ WR3

Benjamin Watson @ TE

Olindo Mare @ K

Chiefs @ D

Backups are:

Bledsoe, Tatum Bell, Eddie Kennison, Heath Miller and The Texans 'D'

I'm confident of a good season and pleased with my draft!

Thanks to the Mods for giving FF a forum - I'm well into it this year!

Go Texans! Go Brad's Army!

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl-brit View Post
Brad's Army consists of:

Matt Schaub @ QB

Ahman Green @ RB1

Laurence Maroney @ RB 2

Andre Johnson @ WR1

Bernard Berrian @ WR2

Jerry Porter @ WR3

Benjamin Watson @ TE

Olindo Mare @ K

Chiefs @ D

Backups are:

Bledsoe, Tatum Bell, Eddie Kennison, Heath Miller and The Texans 'D'

I'm confident of a good season and pleased with my draft!

Thanks to the Mods for giving FF a forum - I'm well into it this year!

Go Texans! Go Brad's Army!
Didn't he retire?
Old 08-25-2007   #4
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

WTF??

I demand a free replacement if he did!

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #5
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm working with some people in my league (trading players and such). I want to win and go to the Super Bowl.
Old 08-25-2007   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a Commissioner League with CBS Sportsline. This is the first time that I've played in 10 years. I forgot how obsessed I can get with it.

Starters
QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Travis Henry
RB: Marshawn Lynch
WR: TJ Houshmanzadeh
WR: Santonio Holmes
WR: Calvin Johnson
Flex RB/WR: Warrick Dunn
TE: Jason Witten
K: Jason Elam
DST: Steelers

Reserves
QB: Matt Hasselbeck
RB: Ruben Droughns
RB: Cris Brown
WR: Dwayne Jarrett
WR: Eddie Kennison
TE: Greg Olsen

I had a pretty bad draft position, so I did the best I could with it. I was just trying not to reach. I had the Cowboys as a backup defense and traded them for Ruben Droughns. I had 0 RB's for week 6.

Problems: Too many week 6 byes, too many rookies.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Post your fantasy team (if you have one). I joined at NFL.Com. My team is:

The Guerillas:

RB1: Willis McGahee
RB2: Brian Westbrook
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2: Jerry Porter (I hope to get rid of him)
WR3: Laveranues Coles
K: Shayne Graham
Defense: Cowboys

You have a solid team.

Here's mine:

QB's
Matt Leinart - Start
Chad Pennington

RB's
Joseph Addai - Start
Maurice Jones-Drew - Start
Cadillac Williams

WR
Deion Branch - Start
Braylon Edwards - Start
Andre Johnson - Start
Isaac Bruce
Muhsin Muhammad

TE
Owen Daniels
Tony Gonzalez - Start

DST Broncos

K
Jason Hanson
Old 09-05-2007   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my first solo team. My friends and I normally combine our talents.

RB: Laurence Maroney
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
3rd Offense (RB/WR): Jacoby Jones
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Kellen Winslow
D/ST: Chicago
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench: RB Michael Turner
Bench: WR Joe Horn
Bench: QB Brett Favre
Bench: RB Brian Leonard
Bench: TE Owen Daniels
Bench: WR Wes Walker
Bench: QB David Carr

Any thoughts?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

My commissioner is insane and our setup of teams is very different than most leagues. I'll just show part of my team:

QB1 - Drew Brees
QB2 - Jon Kitna
RB1 - Brian Westbrook
RB2 - Laurence Maroney
RB3 - Ahman Green
WR1 - Reggie Wayne
WR2 - T.J. Houshmandzadeh
TE - Owen Daniels
OP - Andre Johnson
D/ST - Bears
K - Nate Kaeding

BENCH -
Matt Leinart - QB
LJ Smith - TE
Adrian Peterson (Vikings) - RB
Jacoby Jones - WR
Chargers D/ST
Matt Schaub - QB
Kevin Walter - WR
David Akers - K

I was accused of being a homer but I think I'm going to rack up some points.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's mine!

QB's Matt Schaub
Alex Smith backup

RB's J Addai
E. James
Marchaun Lynch
Adrian Peterson

WR's A Johnson YEA!!!
A. Boldin
M. Harrison

Kicker: Kris Brown

My league doesn't play defense. If it did, I would try to nab the Bears.

I'll have to pick up another kicker, maybe. Since we don't have a bye until the 10th week, I might be able to slide by without one. Hoping my rookie RBs have a GREAT year.

Gotta have faith in our TEXANS!! Hoping Matt and AJ have a PROBOWL year.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #11
whiskeyrbl

ESPN FFL 2007
Schaub 2 Johnson
Starters
QB- Kitna - Det.
RB- Gore - 49'ers
RB- J. Lewis - Cle.
WR- Stallworth- NE
WR- S. Smith- Car.
WR- A. Johnson - Hou
TE - T. Heap - Balt.
D/ST - Steelers
K - Wilkins - St L.
Old 09-05-2007   #12
whiskeyrbl

NFL.com
Schaub 2 Johnson
QB- Cutler- Den, A. Smith 49'ers
RB- L. Johnson KC, Maurice-Jones-Drew - Jax, J. Jones Dal
WR- B. Edwards Cle, Darrel Jackson 49'ers, A.Johnson and J. Jones Hou
TE- O.Daniels Hou, G.Olsen Chi
K- Akers Philly
D/ST- Eagles, Texans
Old 09-05-2007   #13
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Here is my team at CBS Sportsline (The Guerillas):

Starters:

QB: Drew Brees
RB 1: Ahman Green
RB 2: Deuce McAllister
WR 1: Anquan Boldin
WR 2: Andre Johnson
WR 3: Jacoby Jones
K: David Akers
Defense: Patriots

Reserves

QB: Matt Schaub
RB: Julius Jones
WR: Drew Bennett
TE: Tony Scheffler
Defense: Texans

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 09-05-2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Had to add my team name.
Old 09-05-2007   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Fanball.com (the best and most economical pay FF site)
8 team league
Team Name: TenaciousD

Starters:
Marc Bulger QB
LaDanian Tomlinson RB
Edgerrin James RB
Tatum Bell RB
Marvin Harrison WR
Anquan Boldin WR
Vernon Davis TE
Adam Viniateri K
Ravens D

Bench:
Brett Freakin Favre QB
Marshawn Lynch RB *rookie*
Fred Taylor RB
Andre Johnson WR
Mark Clayton WR
Dallas Clark TE
Josh Brown K
Vikings D

kinda iffy on whether to start Dallas Clark over Vernon Davis but I am gonna stick with Davis and not rely too much on the Colts game on Week 1. Also would like to start AJ but I am gonna roll with Boldin till proven otherwise.
Old 09-05-2007   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Here's mine!

QB's Matt Schaub
Alex Smith backup

RB's J Addai
E. James
Marchaun Lynch
Adrian Peterson

WR's A Johnson YEA!!!
A. Boldin
M. Harrison

Kicker: Kris Brown

My league doesn't play defense. If it did, I would try to nab the Bears.

I'll have to pick up another kicker, maybe. Since we don't have a bye until the 10th week, I might be able to slide by without one. Hoping my rookie RBs have a GREAT year.

Gotta have faith in our TEXANS!! Hoping Matt and AJ have a PROBOWL year.

thats a nice stable of Running Backs you got there. Look for both Lynch and Peterson to finish the season strong and be very valuable and explosive.

our teams are pretty similar except I somehow lucked out and got the #1 pick and got LT for the second straight year....
Old 09-05-2007   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
thats a nice stable of Running Backs you got there. Look for both Lynch and Peterson to finish the season strong and be very valuable and explosive.

our teams are pretty similar except I somehow lucked out and got the #1 pick and got LT for the second straight year....

LT was the #1 pick in my league, and I picked 8th. I'm sure hoping those rooks will have a good year, and I agree, I think they will both finish the year strong.

Not sure yet what to do with my WRs this week. Right now I'm leaning toward benching Harrison, but, GAWD, that's hard to do!! What do you think?
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #17
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

running 2 leagues this year....one is a standard league, and one is a dynasty league, which means you get to keep 9 players every year forever.

the dynasty!

qb-vince young
qb-matt schaub
rb-ladanian tomlinson
rb-ahman green
rb-jerious norwood
rb-ron dayne
wr-Reggie Brown
wr-Devery Henderson
wr-Amani Toomer
wr-Bobby Wade
wr-Jacoby Jones
wr-Devin Hester
wr-michael clayton
wr-ted ginn jr.
te-greg olsen
te-owen daniels

I've got a lot of young talent...just a question of who pans out and who doesn't. I think i can win this year, but i've got 9 solid players for next year...hoping to land a stud rookie in the first round of next years draft, and that should lock up my running back position...if jerious norwood works out, so much the better.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post

qb-vince young
qb-matt schaub
rb-ladanian tomlinson
rb-ahman green
rb-jerious norwood
rb-ron dayne

wr-Reggie Brown
wr-Devery Henderson
wr-Amani Toomer
wr-Bobby Wade
wr-Jacoby Jones
wr-Devin Hester
wr-michael clayton
wr-ted ginn jr.
te-greg olsen
te-owen daniels
Aren't you taking a big risk going with one QB and five RB's?!?!?
Old 09-06-2007   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Aren't you taking a big risk going with one QB and five RB's?!?!?
the way the league is set up scoring wise, i believe vince young is the most valuable quarterback possible

scoring is

1 point for every 25 passing yards
4 points for every passing touchdown

1 point for every 10 rushing yards
6 points for every rushing touchdown.

so to do some math, say peyton manning is peyton manning and goes.....280 yards, 2 tds, no int's.

thats a 19 point performance.

now, say vince is vince and goes....175 yards passing, 30 yards rushing, 1 throwing td, 1 rushing td....

thats a 20 point performance.

you see what im saying?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #20
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Fox Sports - 12 team league

Starters:

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Rudi Johnson
RB - Brandon Jacobs
WR - Santana Moss
WR - Andre Johnson
WR/TE - Bernard Berrian
K - Graham
DEF - Baltimore

Reserves:

QB - Alex Smith, Delhomme
RB - M. Barber III, Dayne
WR - I. Bruce, Jacoby Jones
K - Tynes
DEF - Jax

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read