Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-04-2007   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Anybody using Superfan DirecTV?

It advertises 9 HD games each week, and I might add the Superfan pkg if I could be sure I'd get the Texan games in HD. ANybody know where there is a schedule of the games DTV is showing in HD?

Thanks.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #2
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anybody using Superfan DirecTV?

Its all on the Direct Tv website, its also listed on your channels in the 700's where the Ticket is. You have to have the Ticket to get the Superfan pack, and its a free preview this weekend, but the Texans are never HD, trust me I have been waiting.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The few teams that have not been good the last three years do not get the HD cameras when they are playing.

I am almost certain I saw that the Texans-Chiefs game will be in HD.
Old 09-05-2007   #4
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP

The Texans are mostly on CBS if not every game. Last year CBS did not broadcast many games in HD so the Texans were not in HD much. This should change this year. CBS reportedly will off 5-6 games a week this year in HD and all games will be in HD in 2008.

Here is a link to the next 2 weeks of HD sports - http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

Chiefs and Texans are in HD.
TexansCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #5
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP

BTW - Superfan is Awesome. You can watch every game in 30 minutes and the Red Zone channel is nice to watch. How long have you been a Directv customer, I would just ask them for it free. I have done that the last 2 years.
Old 09-05-2007   #6
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 12864 Wolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

If you get the SuperFan to go with the Sunday Ticket, you also get the ability to watch games from your computer. I can't wait for to use that function on Sunday.
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #7
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCM View Post
BTW - Superfan is Awesome. You can watch every game in 30 minutes and the Red Zone channel is nice to watch. How long have you been a Directv customer, I would just ask them for it free. I have done that the last 2 years.
I have been a customer for over 10 years, whats the best line to hit them with?
I really love the service but dont want to pay any more??
I have been a customer for a long time how wbout a deal?
Why do I pay extra, my neighbor doesnt?

Please advise oh gr8 one!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2007   #8
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 38908 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post

I tried most of those when I was on the phone last night ordering Sunday Ticket. I did not try for the free Superfan Upgrade though. I was pretty much shafted at every response. Told them I have paid full price for the Ticket the last 4 years, they did not care. My wife is the best at those things, I should have let her do it. She did get a free DVR out of them 2 years ago because of the terrible job they did when we re-installed at a new house.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #9
TexansCM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post

I just threaten to cancel and they will more than likely give it to you. Ask to speak to a supervisor. I also said that they have offered SuperFan for free during the NFL draft and for new customers. Do you subscribe to HD access also. I told them that I have been a great customer for 5 years and I always pay my bill on time and I am already paying for HD and Sunday ticket, I should get the games in HD.

If you dont subscribe to HD, I would just say I have been a loyal subscriber for 10 years and you give it away to new subscribers and do nothing for your loyal customers.
Old 09-05-2007   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the last year I get Superfan for free. When they created Superfan as an add on they made my investment in the Ticket ($249 yearly) and in HD $9.99 per month) subscriptions redundant and unnecessary. I complained and got two free years.
Old 09-05-2007   #11
TexansCM
Rookie

I also just read that CBS will have 5 games in HD the first 2 weeks and then 6 games in HD for the rest of the year. I have not confirmed this info, but the Texans have a better chance of being in HD. To my knowledge the games are not predetermined, so as long as the Texans play well I would guess they will be in HD. But week 2 they are not.
Old 09-05-2007   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99520 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I was told by a DTV rep that you don't need Superfan for HD games anymore. I am wondering if that is so.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read