Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2007   #1
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Z is gone among others

Stanley was one of 20 players released by the Texans. They must cut two more before 3 p.m. tomorrow to get their roster to 53. Houston-native and 17-year veteran Keenan McCardell was released, as well as running back Wali Lundy, the team's starter in last year's opener.

The other cuts included: Drew Hodgdon, Mike Brisiel, Bethel Johnson, Jon Abbate, Jared Zabransky, John Walker, Brandon Frye, David Anderson, Alfred Malone, DelJuan Robinson, Victor Degrate, Trent Bray, Brandon Mitchell, Darius Walker, Tyrone Poole, Dexter Mccleon and Tim Bulman.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #2
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Z is gone amoung others

whoops I had a typo on the word, among. Can't see a way to edit it. Sorry about that.
Old 08-31-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, Lundy and Walker were cut. I thought we might keep one or the other.

I kinda' figured Stanley would be gone.

I was kind of hoping that McCardell made the squad for his veteran experience, but I guess that wasn't enough to justify keeping him on the team.

I'm a little surprised that Zabransky didn't even make the practice squad. I figured him for a project player after last night's game, but he must not have shown enough to even give him a PS slot.
Old 08-31-2007   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm a little surprised that Zabransky didn't even make the practice squad. I figured him for a project player after last night's game, but he must not have shown enough to even give him a PS slot.
They have to clear waivers or something similar before they are put on the practice squad. I don't think it is set yet.
Old 08-31-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
They have to clear waivers or something similar before they are put on the practice squad. I don't think it is set yet.
ahhh, gotcha'. I forgot how the process works. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-31-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Can't put people on the practice squad until next week. Next Tuesday, I think.

The cuts are effective tomorrow. They haven't been "done" yet.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #7
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope Jon Abbate clears waivers so we can sign him to the practice sqaud, along with J. Zabransky and D. Walker. How about B. Mitchell, is he eligible for the P-squad?
Old 08-31-2007   #8
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
I sure hope Jon Abbate clears waivers so we can sign him to the practice sqaud, along with J. Zabransky and D. Walker. How about B. Mitchell, is he eligible for the P-squad?
I think all the ones you mentioned are eligible for the PS. I also hope Frye will clear waivers and be put on there too. I would like to see David Anderson put on the PS, but I don't know if he is still eligible. Sure were a lot of good prospects on that list. I hope they all clear waivers. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like Z, Walker, and Abbate on the practice squad. Do these guys still get paid on the practice squad?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #10
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Z is gone among others

NFL Network did a quick segment on notable players released and 3 of the 6 were Texans. Lundy, Zabransky and McCardell I believe were the ones mentioned.

Also Dukes answered, "the Texans" when asked about the biggest surprise of the preseason.

-Twitch

Last edited by Twitch-Houston; 08-31-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-31-2007   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I would like Z, Walker, and Abbate on the practice squad. Do these guys still get paid on the practice squad?

I don't remember - $60k or something?
Old 08-31-2007   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that Lundy, Walker, Abbate, or Zabransky will end up on our practice squad. None of 'em.

They'll probably get picked up by other teams. Some teams are hurting for RB's and QB's right now. I don't see how those guys would get overlooked.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #13
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that Stanley is gone #7 has become available. I know i'm kinda late on this, but is it too late for Schaub to change his number to 7? Theres too many bad memories with a #8 behind center
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #14
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I don't think that Lundy, Walker, Abbate, or Zabransky will end up on our practice squad. None of 'em.

They'll probably get picked up by other teams. Some teams are hurting for RB's and QB's right now. I don't see how those guys would get overlooked.
Well, for starters, Lundy isn't elligible for the practice squad, but he could be picked up by someone. Walker, on the other hand, will probably be there to be put on the practice squad if the Texans want him. Walker was released prior to training camp and no other team attempted to pick him up until the Texans brought him back after Taylor's injury. This tells me that other teams just weren't that interested in him. Abbate and Z-Man could quite possibly end up on some other teams practice squad, but I doubt they make an active roster anywhere.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read