Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2007   #21
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default Re: Nfl Catching On To Jacoby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Drink the koolaide! JJ for OROY!!
Dear God....can we just wait until 1 game in the regular season before we start this chant. Talk about getting your hopes up needlessly. He looks incredible, but let's see him do it in Week 1 before we get too cocky.

........I had to edit this...I think he has a good shot at OROY, I just don't want to jinx ourselves by getting this started in preseason, and then he gets shutdown by the starters in the regular season. The cowpies WERE missing Terrance Newman. Most games we won't have 32 year old Aaron Glenn starting at CB against Andre Johnson. We will see when we play Denver and see how he looks against their secondary. Again, I hope he shines, I just think it's WAY too early to cheer for him as OROY, or even a nominee for it.

Last edited by Dallas_Texan; 08-29-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Has he even been named as starter yet? Last I heard, Walter was still the #2 receiver. Can a bench-player win OROY, lol.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #23
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 289 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Has he even been named as starter yet? Last I heard, Walter was still the #2 receiver. Can a bench-player win OROY, lol.
He'll be on the field. I think the only reason he's not #2 is because Kevin was called #2. If it hadn't been said before preseason, Kubes would probably had made Jones #2 at the start of the real season.

I see it as avoiding backpeddling especially since Kevin really hasn't done anything wrong other than being called #2 prematurely. (IMHO)

-Twitch
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #24
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Vince played 11 games last yr...followed by colston(starter until injured- 13/14 games) a load of rb's who split carries
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #25
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
Dear God....can we just wait until 1 game in the regular season before we start this chant. Talk about getting your hopes up needlessly. He looks incredible, but let's see him do it in Week 1 before we get too cocky.

........I had to edit this...I think he has a good shot at OROY, I just don't want to jinx ourselves by getting this started in preseason, and then he gets shutdown by the starters in the regular season. The cowpies WERE missing Terrance Newman. Most games we won't have 32 year old Aaron Glenn starting at CB against Andre Johnson. We will see when we play Denver and see how he looks against their secondary. Again, I hope he shines, I just think it's WAY too early to cheer for him as OROY, or even a nominee for it.
Key is for Schaub..if Schaub can spread it around to AJ and OD... it does nothing but open the field for him(and Walter)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Wait till the "I knew he was going to be a great player..."

ha,

glad he's on our team
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read