Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-28-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jersey recyclying

610 just reported that if you take an old NFL jersey to the Go Texans store at Reliant, they'll give you $15 off a new jersey.

Not a bad deal if you ask me.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #2
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jersey recyclying

Sounds like a good deal. I wonder if they would give you more for authentic jerseys than screened ones.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

That can't be the deal... at least there has to be more detail to it. I can go to Academy right now and buy a David Carr jersey for 10 dollars... are they saying I can take that to the Texans store and get a 15 dollar credit for it?

It MUST be for only the authentic jerseys and not the replicas, right?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
That can't be the deal... at least there has to be more detail to it. I can go to Academy right now and buy a David Carr jersey for 10 dollars... are they saying I can take that to the Texans store and get a 15 dollar credit for it?

It MUST be for only the authentic jerseys and not the replicas, right?
I don't see why that would matter. Academy has already bought that jersey from Reebok, the NFL, the Texans, or whoever wholesales the jerseys. That's why they have to sell them for $10, they can't just return the jersey.

This seems like a good deal, I think I will trade in my #84 jersey in for a #80.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101799 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

+$230.00
-$..15.00

=$215.00

Old 08-28-2007   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking about driving down to trade my 8 for an 8, and to see some family of course.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the GoTexans store, BTW?
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101799 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Where is the GoTexans store, BTW?
South endzone of Reliant Stadium.. (Bud Plaza)
Old 08-28-2007   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
South endzone of Reliant Stadium.. (Bud Plaza)
You mean I have to walk all the way to the other endzone?
Old 08-28-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

LMAO - I park in Platinum lot and sit in the North endzone too... I guess I really thought that out well 6 years ago...

On the upside it's good for the legs...
Old 08-28-2007   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
+$230.00
-$..15.00

=$215.00

Cheap thrill, nonetheless!

At least you can touch the jersey!

I mean, many, many times, as often as you wish!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Get some exercise and then drink more beer cause you exercised.

Old 08-28-2007   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you show up at a game, you can't be a couch potato, err... maybe I should withdraw that comment for personal reason!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #14
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McNair offering $15 credit on jersey trade-in

Trade in that cryboy jersey and get a Texan one for $15 off at the Go Texan Store. Applies to all "other" NFL teams too......

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5090489.html

Quote:
Texans owner Bob McNair said Tuesday — with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, of course — that he is offering clemency to Cowboys fans in the Houston area.

At the team's annual luncheon at the Westin Galleria, McNair offered Cowboys fans in Houston a chance to become Texans fans, and he's putting money where his mouth is. McNair said any Cowboys fan bringing their jersey to the team's store at Reliant Stadium can get a $15 discount on a new Texans jersey.

McNair said he would make the same offer to fans of other teams, as well.

"This gives all Houstonians the opportunity to become Texans," McNair said with a laugh. "Going into the new season, we want to create a home-field advantage and a regional advantage, too. This is a great chance for fans to get behind what promises to be an exciting season."

All those Cowboys who are ready, willing and able to change their allegiance from America's Team can go to www.houstontexans.com or call 832-667-2004 for more information.

The line starts on Kirby.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNair offering $15 credit on jersey trade-in

I have a Santana Moss Jets jersey and a Domanick Davis jersey. I think I'd rather hang on to them than get $30 for 'em.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a Vick jersey...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I have a Vick jersey...
The Vick jerseys get sent to the spca - they have good uses for them

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13918614/detail.html
Old 08-29-2007   #18
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

I will be trading in my Davis and Moss Jersey for a Jones jersey.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read