Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2005   #41
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
A little perspective here folks--the Patriots lost to the Dolphins, that's right the drafting ahead of the Browns Dolphins. Did that expose them as a miserable team with all sorts of deficiencies? Sheesh--reality is somewhere between the exhilaration after the Jags win and the freakin chicken little doom and gloom of the Browns loss.

i agree with you, and who cares if it was a bitter rivalry trijcomm ? We are talking about the patriots that won 21 straight games, If that wasnt a worse collapse than the texans against the browns than i dont know what to tell you trijcomm. Its a game they should of won.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #42
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

9-7 with a shot at the playoffs next season or bust
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #43
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
9-7 with a shot at the playoffs next season or bust

well from the looks of our schedule we have a chance to do just that ! Just think if we were in the NFC we'd be in the play-offs
Old 01-07-2005   #44
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Next year will be the 4th year of this teams infamous 5 year plan. 4 years of planning, choosing, practicing, playing, etc. .500 will not be good enough. Also, you said that 8-8 would be an improvement. Yes, that's true, but not enough of one and, as I am eluding too here, 8-8 doesn't show me 4 years of quality "....know how to win in this league." So far, I have not yet been on the "Fire Capers!" bandwagon, but I say 9 wins next year or somebody goes. I just don't know who yet. Of course, certain key future injuries would make a good excuse, however, like Carr sits out half the season or Johnson sits out 5 games.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #45
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I do agree that the Patriots loss was just as bad, if not worse, than the Texans. The Pats are supposed to be one of the 2 best teams in the NFL right now and they lost to the freaking Dolphins? What is that? It happens, though, and you just have to look at your team's overall record and ignore who they played in each game (sort of), because we played good teams and bad teams and we came out 7-9. That's just how it is. When you worry about WHO you lost to, you are underestimating a team that could prove to be a playoff contender next year. You just don't know. Look at what we though of San Diego just a few months ago. Now, they're ranked what--5th in the NFL?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #46
Doug
All Pro

After each of the losses the pats are going to the playoffs and are good enough to win the super bowl and we couldn't come up with at least a .500 season.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #47
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

doug that has nothing to do with them losing to the Dolphins and us losing to the Browns. Its still a lose that both the Texans and Pats should of won. We're just going over that any given sunday **** again, which the Dolphins beating pats and browns beating us shows that it is any given sunday !
Old 01-07-2005   #48
Doug
All Pro

Actually I was just throwing that out there because it's not always just about the game at hand. You're right though it is any given Sunday. But although it was unusual for the pats to lose to the dolphins it's not unusual for us to be favored in a game and lose. I understand what you're saying, I'm just bringing up a few valid points.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read