Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who should start?
Maddox/Okoye 22 28.57%
Maddox/TJ 19 24.68%
TJ/Okoye 36 46.75%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2007   #21
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Starting DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
Not just the D line, but the O line as well. For some time I've wondered if the line is getting better or if they've really been challenged yet. We should get a good idea if both the D line and the O line have improved in this game. Even that vaunted Chicago line was missing it's DT's.
Why would you give me a neg rep for that comment???
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis is reported to go against travis johnson not okoye. At 6' 3" 305 TJ will hold his own I'm thinking.
Old 08-23-2007   #23
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Why would you give me a neg rep for that comment???
I gave you neg rep? I tried to give positive, but I'm such a newbie I must have gotten it wrong. It was the first and only time I tried that feature out. Heck, I'm a zero whatever that means. I apologize. I tried to fix it but I have to spread around rep to others first according to the popups. So I gave badboy good rep and I still can't go into yours again.

I suck. Hopefully I didn't screw up badboy's rep too.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I gave you neg rep? I tried to give positive, but I'm such a newbie I must have gotten it wrong. It was the first and only time I tried that feature out. Heck, I'm a zero whatever that means. I apologize. I tried to fix it but I have to spread around rep to others first according to the popups. So I gave badboy good rep and I still can't go into yours again.

Actually, if your rep is low and you try to rep someone with significantly higher rep, it shows up with a different color because no rep was actually given.

At least, I think that's how it works.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #25
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Actually, if your rep is low and you try to rep someone with significantly higher rep, it shows up with a different color because no rep was actually given.

At least, I think that's how it works.
Sounds like I have to have rep in order to give rep. Well, with what I bring to these boards that's gonna take a long, long time to do.
Old 08-23-2007   #26
real

So Travis Johnson is starting over Maddox ?
Old 08-23-2007   #27
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sounds like I have to have rep in order to give rep. Well, with what I bring to these boards that's gonna take a long, long time to do.
Hang in there, its not a race you know.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It might not be the rep differential but just that you have 0.

Here, let me rep ya.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #29
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks dude. My bad I guess. Xtru helped a brotha out.
Old 08-25-2007   #30
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

At first I was surprise that TJ/Okoye was the most wanted DT duo, I wasn't sure if TJ could handle nose tackle or if Okoye was ready to contribute right now. After watching today game though I think I should change my vote to them, TJ looked really good out there with the ones.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #31
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
At first I was surprise that TJ/Okoye was the most wanted DT duo, I wasn't sure if TJ could handle nose tackle or if Okoye was ready to contribute right now. After watching today game though I think I should change my vote to them, TJ looked really good out there with the ones.
I think Okoye is going to be very good. He showed very good penetration on several plays. I posted in another thread that I thought he might have gotten a sack on the last play of the first half.
Old 08-26-2007   #32
Shaft75
Site Contributor

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT TEXANS FANS?!?!?!!?!?!

TJ was all over the field... Mario with the sack... Okoye with the sack...

Old 08-26-2007   #33
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT TEXANS FANS?!?!?!!?!?!

TJ was all over the field... Mario with the sack... Okoye with the sack...

Babin didn't play to badly either. that's 4/4 in first round lineman.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you can't give or take rep till you have 50 posts...it is one way to keep the trolls from coming in and starting new accounts just to skew everyone's rep.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #35
real

T.J kinda made me nervous when he got drove back about 10 yards and pancaked early in the game (it was the first time his helmet came off)....That's something he needs to correct if he's going to be playing nose...

BUT....That early baptism just woke him up, and he played like the T.J I knew he could play like....

P.S. The Cowboys should be weary of Leonard Davis because T.J and Maddox simply made him look foolish all night long...
Old 08-26-2007   #36
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

I like TJ but always viewed him as a 3-4 guy. He was drafted for Caper's scheme but suprised me this TC after I had already said he was a certain cut from the team. now that he's solidifided his roster spot I can't help but feel a little stupid for my short-sightedness.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #37
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
you can't give or take rep till you have 50 posts...it is one way to keep the trolls from coming in and starting new accounts just to skew everyone's rep.
In that case just a handfull more posts HodRod and then your on your way to the glorious road of dealing out rep.

keep it up, and welcome to the board

I haven't been able to watch ANY pre-season games which has ticked me off but im glad i can get some analysis from the posters over here. A couple months ago i was ready to write TJ off as a Capers bust, but im glad that my tune is about to change. Anyway im glad that we're debating this form a perspective of "who is better" as opposed to "who doesn't suck more"
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read