Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2007   #41
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did u see that?

Just preseason.

I'll feel alot better after we do this to KC!
Old 08-26-2007   #42
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I wrote that. I'm glad that you appreciated it.

I couldn't help myself. The picture from the article was just a minor illustration of the back and forth that was happening in the stands. Everywhere. Cowboy fans were talking so much junk pregame. Even as they were losing they were talking crap. Then they got more quiet.

I was just waving my Texans flag at the game, and one of the Cowboy fans was giving me particular grief and talking junk because I was supporting the Texans in THEIR HOME STADIUM. At one point he grabbed my shoulders and I told him that if he touched me again, them yellow shirts were going to kick him out of the game.

I don't wish for those cool Cowboy fans out there to be killed by tridents, but I have to say for the other 99%, it makes for a good visual.
A number of people in my area sold their tickets to Cowboys fans. They were talking smack before the game and I had to many jello shots, to go with six beers at the tailgate (not a liquor person as I like to stay in control), to allow that to happen. I had a case of the wobbles, a mouth so dirty Jack Brown couldn't clean it and a stink eye that put their disposition in a state of cattywumpus

It is amazing what a crowd can do for a team and equally amazing, and weird, is being a fan of the Texans and having your team back you up when the smack starts flying. Thank you Mr. Jones.

Watching those Cowboy fans having their natural love for the game destroyed by us was as joyful as David Carr being cut.
Old 08-26-2007   #43
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I thought it was a great game and my spirits are very high since our starters whipped their starters. Personally...I'm very excited and would rather dwell on where we are headed instead of trying to act like the herd of obnoxious Cowboy fans we don't like ourselves.
True that.

Though I have to say given the behavior of the Cowboy fans around my seats, it does make me yearn for smote with trident smilie.
Old 08-26-2007   #44
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
True that.

Though I have to say given the behavior of the Cowboy fans around my seats, it does make me yearn for smote with trident smilie.
we may need another anti-Cowboy smiley around here.... I hate to generalize any fan base but the Cowboy fans seem to be a bit more obnoxious than most...I think the Jag fans may be kissing cousins to the cowpoke fans though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #45
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we may need another anti-Cowboy smiley around here.... I hate to generalize any fan base but the Cowboy fans seem to be a bit more obnoxious than most...I think the Jag fans may be kissing cousins to the cowpoke fans though.
maybe bring in Carl Mauk and Elvin Elvin Bethea to the next game against the cowboys
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #46
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we may need another anti-Cowboy smiley around here.... .
What about this one?

Old 08-26-2007   #47
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The rivalry between Houston and Dallas has been going on for decades. BOTH have obnoxious, insensitive fans, and it will only get worst. Dallas has had ligitimate bragging rights from the 80s, the Oilers never quiet got there. This is a new day and age, new Houston team, etc, etc, etc, and I look forward to converting more of those Dallas fans simply because we will turn out a winning team and establish our own bragging rights. If I can convert my diehard son-in-law, we can convert anyone!! lol

I totally respect fans like HoustonFrog, and several other fans I know who love their Cowboys, but also pull for the Texans. There is a guy who has sat behind me since the very beginning who loves both teams. He is a diehard TEXAN fan except when we play Dallas. You can't expect someone who has supported a team for decades to change in 5 years. The TEXANS have to EARN that right, and they have not done that yet. Winning this preseason game was fun, for us TEXANS, and gave us a taste of what is hopefully good things to come. We are headed in the right direction, and I bet we take a few Dallas fans with us on our journey.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #48
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Check the Cowgirl fans today.

All they say is "Its only preseason." and "You guys treated it like it was a superbowl game."

Which is funny because, it was dallas the last two weeks that took their preaseason games seriously. It was Dallas that the Broncos player said 'Broke the Preseason code of ethics'. It was Dallas that left their starters in after we pulled ours (and we still played well against their 1's).

Dallas, your time is up.
Oh, and Dallas suck!!

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read